What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

mounty

Juniors
Someone told me last night that a squad of 30 has been selected and they will cut it to 20 before the NZ tour starts

Stretcher you say the performance over the last few years has dropped. Yet the coach changes yet the same results the major thing funding.

We have less development staff, cutbacks in equipment etc. It wouldn't matter who coached them they need off field support.

I coach u15's so I see most of the local talent that gets targeted. 4 weeks in arow leading into the finals there has been scouts for the other teams approaching players. GF day comes Penrith come along to get some players guess wat most of both gf teams taken.

Lets just hope who ever is head coach next year sorts outs the juniors sides as well,

mounty

Juniors
Gday,can anyone have a guess and write down the harold matts side next year lets say 18 man squad that will be picked for the season 2012.

mounty

Juniors
Gday franklin2323 are you the 15 development coach if so if you was given the 16 next year harold matts which players would you put into your side?

franklin2323

Immortal
Nah no assiociation Penrith other then I work with a son of an offical (website rules I can't mention names) lets say we have plenty of arguements about things.

I actually coach the 2nd team usually div 3. I know the coach for div 1 & usually run the water so see most players close up. That's a hard 1 alot would depend on the coach I want offloads and 2nd phase play most don't. I will get some names after training. I know numbers just not names. The St Marys 1/2's are good and the 1 for Windsor. Also depends on who's a free agent.

stretcher

Juniors
Nah no assiociation Penrith other then I work with a son of an offical (website rules I can't mention names) lets say we have plenty of arguements about things.

I actually coach the 2nd team usually div 3. I know the coach for div 1 & usually run the water so see most players close up. That's a hard 1 alot would depend on the coach I want offloads and 2nd phase play most don't. I will get some names after training. I know numbers just not names. The St Marys 1/2's are good and the 1 for Windsor. Also depends on who's a free agent.
Even if you were the development coach there are a lot of quality coaches in front of development coaches there were three coaches for the ball one head coach and two assistants the same for harold matts and then there were two coaches at the academy also you have brad liggins and adam pybyla who are still part of the staff and then you have two coaches doing the 17s development all in front of 15s development coach...so forget about that..

stretcher

Juniors
Gday,can anyone have a guess and write down the harold matts side next year lets say 18 man squad that will be picked for the season 2012.
Impossible to pick this early most likely the guys who played matts this year would be the first picked but we are three games into a big season lots of things change,,,,,,,

mounty

Juniors
Good evening gents is tyrone may the best half in penrith u15 and does he play for minchinbury jets can some one give my some in put plz?

stretcher

Juniors
Good evening gents is tyrone may the best half in penrith u15 and does he play for minchinbury jets can some one give my some in put plz?
So you can take him out of the area cause obviously if you were from the area you would know more about him....

mounty

Juniors
what about soni luke hes a stmarys player in the u15 he plays half doesnt he, and blake milgate from minchinbury jets i heard hes a real talent i think i might have to go down and have a look at these boys gents.

mounty

Juniors
Good evening gents,i heard tyrell and shy are leaving to parra next year that's 2 less forwards in the Harold matts but i heard theirs plenty of good fowards in the 15 this year.

mounty

Juniors
Good morning,i went out to the jamison park last night at penrith watched the u15 developement train there was some big boys in the side, looks good all over the park i think the boys have a match soon and then i think the coach will pick a 24 squad to play in gos-ford at the knockout.

stumpyone

Juniors
Glad u are impressed, what makes it interesting is the players that played up in Harold Matts this year are not training with the 15's squad yet. Apparently Penrith are giving them a rest since they have been training since last year. Depending on who Parra and the Doggies poach up to 9 players are to return.

mounty

Juniors
ok,poaching lets hope we get some back for penrith but mostly the forwards are being targeted i hear on a grape vine i seen big sonny training last night thou i think penrith signed him up i seen the halfs training last night ,hooker ,half 5/8 doing some kicking drills last night they might train with the full side next month its getting close to their next game thkz stumpy.

ashton

Juniors
New South Wales U/16 Team Announced
NSWRL MEDIA

14/05/2011 2:41:24 PM

The following players have today been selected to represent the NSW Under 16’s v QLD Under 16’s at SUNCORP Stadium on Wednesday 25th May 2011 prior to State of Origin One.
PLAYER - CLUB
Dylan Russell - Illawarra
Alex Johnston - South Sydney
Dee Jay Harris - Illawarra
Michael Morgan - Bulldogs
John Fomai - Parramatta
Drew Hutchison - Illawarra
Brendan Cox - Bulldogs
Jack Bird - Illawarra
Tepai Moeroa - Parramatta
Blake Harrison - Manly
Jake Kamire - Bulldogs