What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels win race for Ben Roberts

SDM

First Grade
What a goose, he wont even see 1st grade unless Quade Cooper is injured.

Snoochies

First Grade
OMG!!!! We have halves!! :crazy:

Does this mean we will have some structure, someone who can kick and not find the throat of the winger or fullback??

Avenger

Immortal
It's starting to look good.

1. Hayne

6. Roberts

7. Sandow

13. Reni Maitua

9. Mcguire/Keating

The Omen

Juniors
OMG!!!! We have halves!! :crazy:

Does this mean we will have some structure, someone who can kick and not find the throat of the winger or fullback??

and good thing is they are better than the halv, oh wait sorry i meant to type 1/8 we currently have
:sarcasm:

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
This is how we are shaping up for 2012?

1. Hayne
2. Burt
4. Loko
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. McGuire (?)
10. Moimoi
11. Smith
12. Hindmarsh
13. Maitua

14. Allgood
15. Shackleton
16. Horo
17. Keating

18. Mortimer

SDM

First Grade
This is how we are shaping up for 2012?

1. Hayne
2. Burt
4. Loko
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. McGuire (?)
10. Moimoi
11. Smith
12. Hindmarsh
13. Maitua

14. Allgood
15. Shackleton
16. Horo
17. Keating

18. Mortimer

Boxhead! come and fill in the gaps.

Cocidius

Juniors
It's starting to look good.

1. Hayne

6. Roberts

7. Sandow

13. Reni Maitua

9. Mcguire/Keating

Even though Hindmarsh wears 11, he is our 13!
The tradition lock position within league has changed from a ball playing lock to a defensive position i.e. more of a high tackling front rower. The second rowers are know considered more attacking and need to have both ball playing ability and defence like once the locks had...
IMO next year it will be more like:
11. Maitua
12. Horo, Smith etc (or new signing)
13. Hindmarsh

Avenger

Immortal
The tradition lock position within league has changed from a ball playing lock to a defensive position i.e. more of a high tackling front rower. The second rowers are know considered more attacking and need to have both ball playing ability and defence like once the locks had...
11. Maitua
13. Hindmarsh

Last year Anderson stated that Hindy was our lock, however he will not give up the number 11.

SDM

First Grade
11. Maitua
13. Hindmarsh

That is wrong according to the book of Poupou, he will explain soon.

Gigolo

Juniors
Not sure if this is a great signing for you. Sure it's better than Morts and Sandow is better than Robson but both Sandow and Roberts are terribly inconsistent.

As a Bulldogs supporter I can tell you that Roberts at his best is as good as anyone. He has a tremendous left boot and a good running game. His defence can be patchy but not too bad but his big knock is consistency.

During his 6 years with us he always was the player we thought would come through as every now and then he would do something that was breathtaking. A couple of years ago against the Broncos he played an 11 out of 10 game and then went missing for the rest of the season. Recently he has been injured a lot.

I'm sure both Sandow and Roberts will win you games but im just not sure how consistent they will be. Sandow might struggle behind a much weaker pack whilst Roberts enigmatic performances might have you lot calling for his head this time next year.

Gronk

Staff member
11. Maitua
13. Hindmarsh

Hindy doesn't wear 13 cos he thinks it's bad luck. Ando said this last year.