What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Hard Fact (No rumours or speculation)

Forty20

First Grade
Cold hard fact

JARRYD Hayne has been moaning since last Friday about reports in this newspaper that he had an attitude problem.

Speaking to a lightweight Parramatta apologist in the Fairfax press, Hayne reckoned it was rumour and speculation.He kept slamming us when he came into the Blues camp.

He might want to speak to some of his coaches - at every level of the game - from the past few seasons.

The mere belief that Hayne's attitude is all wrong cost him a sky blue jumper for Origin I. If not for an injury to Brett Morris, it would've cost him another one.

Not rumour. Not speculation. Not someone trying to bring him down. Fact.
Clicky

implied-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
The only coach that didn't give him a go was Brian Smith. IIRC Smithy wouldn't play him in FG. It was only when he got the bullet and JT took over that Hayne got a game.

So I'd say that the rat here is Brian Smith, with his gutless whispers to News Ltd journos.

James Webster is the so called "journo" for this article. Whats wrong James? Did Hayne say no to you you when you requested an interview? James sounds really bitter. I don't think News limited understand the level of hate that people have for their organisation. The utter crap that is served up in the Daily Telegraph is just a joke. I mean there will be some gullible people that would read their shit but people with a 1/4 of a brain realise that it's just utter crap.

Kornstar

Coach
He has had in the past and probably still does have an attitude problem, so what? He wins us footy games, he got Dally M player of the year with about 12 or so games of the most dominant football anyone has ever seen, he has been the Blues best player since 07.

I think he sounds arrogant in some interviews and I will point it out when he does but would I swap him? He'll no!!!

Gallen is a thug, Bird is, well we all know what he is. JT has had plenty of trouble in his career, Crocker used to be in trouble all the time in Sydney.

If coaches felt they couldn't control the ego then that is their issue, he probably needs a little more of the treatment that DA gave him in that presser last year, in private of course. If the coach can't coach him then they are not doing their job properly.

SK has worked with the games best in Melbourne, surely he had to deal with egos so I am sure he is handling Hayne as he should!

You can't be as good at something that the likes of Hayne, Marshall, JT, Johns etc are and not have some sort of ego. Lockyer seems an exception though.

If coaches aren't going to pick a player because of a "perceived" attitude problem, that doesn't say a lot about the coach.

There is history with Stuart and Hayne though, in 2006 he was the coach that sat Hayne out of the tour and Hayne later admitted it was an attitude issue as to why he didn't play a game.......Ricky seems to very much hold a grudge!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another bullshit article from the telelcrap, the sooner these News Limited turds are out of the game the better.

Bigfella

Coach
How can he honestly write an article about these "cold hard facts" and not name the people allegedly saying these things?

oldmancraigy

Coach
The only coach that didn't give him a go was Brian Smith. IIRC Smithy wouldn't play him in FG. It was only when he got the bullet and JT took over that Hayne got a game.

So I'd say that the rat here is Brian Smith, with his gutless whispers to News Ltd journos.

IIRC correctly Smithy said he COULDN'T play him in FG (ie - was told not allowed to play him).

Fact is Hayne was 17 then anyway.

And even if Smith didn't play him, there is no suggestion anywhere that it has anything to do with his attitude....

I've never heard anyone who has coached or played with him say ONE WORD about a 'bad attitude'.
The worst thing a coach has ever said about him was Andersen after the Brisbane debacle last season - he was asked how Hayne played and simply said "he didn't play his best game - even he'd tell you that". Which then got blown all out of proportions...

Most coaches are like Kearney - blown away by his work ethic at training.

$10 says that if Morris is fit for game 3 he does NOT get picked in place of Hayne.
After Stuart sees how keen the guy is at training, he might well start thinking that this is his fullback for game 3.

Gronk

Staff member
IIRC correctly Smithy said he COULDN'T play him in FG (ie - was told not allowed to play him).

Fact is Hayne was 17 then anyway.

And even if Smith didn't play him, there is no suggestion anywhere that it has anything to do with his attitude....

I've never heard anyone who has coached or played with him say ONE WORD about a 'bad attitude'.
The worst thing a coach has ever said about him was Andersen after the Brisbane debacle last season - he was asked how Hayne played and simply said "he didn't play his best game - even he'd tell you that". Which then got blown all out of proportions...

Most coaches are like Kearney - blown away by his work ethic at training.

$10 says that if Morris is fit for game 3 he does NOT get picked in place of Hayne.
After Stuart sees how keen the guy is at training, he might well start thinking that this is his fullback for game 3.

Smithy would never clarify his position on Hayne. When questioned why he didn't play Jazz, he always said that you'd have to ask the office. If it was a cap issue, why did JT play him as soon as he was in charge. Doesn't add up TBH.

Wally21

Bench
Webster and Kent are Agenda and Hatchet job merchants, not journalists, FACT.

By the way, has anybody else struggled to get a comment on the Telecrap website posted? I admit that my comments started off as very angry rants at their integrity and professionalism, but even those comments which have been well though out and less incensed have failed to get a run. The whole organization has a massive lack of integrity.

JARRYD Hayne has been moaning since last Friday about reports in this newspaper that he had an attitude problem.
has he? first i've heard of it

Speaking to a lightweight Parramatta apologist in the Fairfax press, Hayne reckoned it was rumour and speculation.He kept slamming us when he came into the Blues camp.

so if fairfax are parramatta apologists what the hell are news? why wouldn he keep slamming you god knows you keep slamming him

He might want to speak to some of his coaches - at every level of the game - from the past few seasons.

no, YOU might want to speak to his current coach who has nothing but good things to say about jarryd and said he has no attitude problem rather than bitter ex-coaches with an axe to grind

The mere belief that Hayne's attitude is all wrong cost him a sky blue jumper for Origin I. If not for an injury to Brett Morris, it would've cost him another one.
didnt stuart say he didnt pick hayne because he believed jarryd was a 5/8? the word attitude was never mentioned

Not rumour.
really? hm ok then

Not speculation.
YES IT IS you stating that jarryd would not be in origin 2 if not for morris being injured is PURE speculation

Not someone trying to bring him down.
:?
oh stop it you're killing me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

strider

Post Whore
Smithy would never clarify his position on Hayne. When questioned why he didn't play Jazz, he always said that you'd have to ask the office. If it was a cap issue, why did JT play him as soon as he was in charge. Doesn't add up TBH.
maybe JT just went, f**k it i'm gonna play him regardless of any cap implications - JT had a small window of opportunity to try and make himself a coaching career, being the man that brought hayne into NRL would have helped that a bit i think

i just don't think smithy would be bagging players to News Ltd - its not his style - and he has never gotten along with the News reporters EVER! why start now?

I question whether anyone directly said anything to this so called journo - other than ricky tryin to justify himself

maybe JT just went, f**k it i'm gonna play him regardless of any cap implications - JT had a small window of opportunity to try and make himself a coaching career, being the man that brought hayne into NRL would have helped that a bit i think

i just don't think smithy would be bagging players to News Ltd - its not his style - and he has never gotten along with the News reporters EVER! why start now?

I question whether anyone directly said anything to this so called journo - other than ricky tryin to justify himself
i think the line - at every level of the game - is telling us something maybe this was some coach he had in the lower grades still carrying a grudge or sticky himself as you mentioned

only news ltd would give you an article called COLD HARD FACT and give you a journo's opinion with no facts whatsoever to back it up
dont tell me jarryd has an attitude problem prove it to me or rename the article cold hard this is what i think