What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club moving forward

Biglance

Bench
Steve Price has been in contact with a Sharks player that he wants for next year. Not sure who yet but will dig deeper on it

Father Ted

First Grade
Steve Price has been in contact with a Sharks player that he wants for next year. Not sure who yet but will dig deeper on it

Channel 9 said we were after a winger forget his name made his debut some weeks back , Could that be him?

RedVDave

First Grade
I hope Cuthbo stays he will be a cult figure at the Dragons mark my words.
I also hope some the younger guys are kept around, some nice talent there.

We need to to cut Prior and Fien they offer sweet fa and in Prior's case he actually costs us at least 2-3 dropped balls EVERY bloody game.

And it's not just this season, he was shit for the most of last season as well.

He reminds me of Ryles, except Ryles had more talent.

WHOA!! Let's not say things we can take back? fair dinkum that's way to harsh.

Father Ted

First Grade
Me i'd like to keep both Prior and Fien . Prior because I believe he will improve and Fien because we need a backup 1/2th , 5/8th

Yuly

Juniors
I hope Cuthbo stays he will be a cult figure at the Dragons mark my words.
I also hope some the younger guys are kept around, some nice talent there.

We need to to cut Prior and Fien they offer sweet fa and in Prior's case he actually costs us at least 2-3 dropped balls EVERY bloody game.

And it's not just this season, he was shit for the most of last season as well.

He reminds me of Ryles, except Ryles had more talent.

To me this is the comment of a tv watcher - go to the game, watch the bloke play. I'll admit I've been a critic but his improvement in a few short years has been impressive. He's one of those players described as a worker, most of his efforts are unnoticed but without him the "stars" have to work much harder.

rasaint

Juniors
Lots of interesting comments. My concern about the Kyle Stanley hype is not his obvious talent but he spends a lot of time on the side lines. He is not robust like Hornby and Darius who rarely miss a game.Now we have Chase and Kyle together.I doubt Chase has played more than a few games in the past two years. Hope I am wrong and they both become durable from next year because without Darius we are going to struggle.

Biglance

Bench
the sharks player im not sure about as the person in the know wouldnt tell me but they said that fien expected to stay at least one more year to help with the development of King and rein. King is obviously rated very highly but hasnt got on the park yet.

77Dragons

Juniors
the Sharks player was Mills but he resigned with the sharks.

I rate Prior we should keep him he does an immense amount of work. I thought he was great Friday night some great hits

centralsaint

Juniors
Our recruitment and retention of juniors is an issue.
Alex McKinnon most likely is going to the Knights and the latest rumour is Jack Stockwell has had a meet and greet in Melbourne. Our two best up and comers going. Add to that the loss of Henry and Kalifa last year and the Sims boys before that.
Our club have lost Boyd and Green and with Cuthbertson and Fien having a look around our post Bennett year is looking a bit thin with troops. We have signed Chase Stanley which I was happy with.
Are we making any movement in the player market and is De Belin signed up next season.

dragondad

First Grade
De Belin said at the after match function two weeks ago that he had just signed for three more years. At least he's not going anywhere!

Bring back choc

Juniors
Our recruitment and retention of juniors is an issue.
Alex McKinnon most likely is going to the Knights and the latest rumour is Jack Stockwell has had a meet and greet in Melbourne. Our two best up and comers going. Add to that the loss of Henry and Kalifa last year and the Sims boys before that.
Our club have lost Boyd and Green and with Cuthbertson and Fien having a look around our post Bennett year is looking a bit thin with troops. We have signed Chase Stanley which I was happy with.
Are we making any movement in the player market and is De Belin signed up next season.

You have to remember the salary cap always bites after a premiership. Not to mention we have re-signed merrin, king, prob Cooper... Stanley. All these players require upgrades. Our team next year looks very strong. It's the fringe players and back up players that will be slightly depleted. Though I still think we are served ok in this regard.

Kind at hooker next year isn a big bonus. People should not underestimate this. He will be the first long term hooker we have had in ages. Star in my opinion.

the Sharks player was Mills but he resigned with the sharks.

I rate Prior we should keep him he does an immense amount of work. I thought he was great Friday night some great hits
I couldn't disagree more. I thought he looked lazy and that his head was never in the game. But Prior seems to bring out these opinions - people either love him or loathe him.

centralsaint

Juniors
Bosden apparently has signed a 2yr deal with the roosters. Prior is looking very important for us next year. Bosden, Green gone. McKinnon,Cutbo,Greenfield,Gower,Fien likely gone

possm

Coach
I agree with Big Pat. I just can't forgive Doust for not agreeing to a five year deal with Bennett and Boyd. Remember Bennet asked for a five year deal at 750K a year and Doust said NO! Doust would only agree to a 3 year deal.

If Doust did not make this HUGE STUFF UP we have another two years under Bennett and Price would have another two years as his assistant. In addition all the players we want to keep would have stayed.