What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest thing you've ever seen/heard a coach do? The J.Lang award....

Moffo

Referee
Following on from John langs effort last night (for those that didn't see it he took a dive through the puddle after the game) haha, what are the funniest things you've seen a coach do ? I have a few recent recollections:

Hasler slamming the door off
Brown slapping Barrett on the sideline
JT getting owned in Surry Hills during mad Monday celebrations
Fulton getting kicked off the field by Harrigan

Langs effort last night was hilarious though!

Iafeta

Referee
Daniel Anderson's half time tape recording in the 2002 Grand Final. Talk about epic backfire.

Borat.

Juniors
Daniel Anderson's half time tape recording in the 2002 Grand Final. Talk about epic backfire.

haha he even had the wrong teams..

How about Warren Ryan benching Blocker and Siro in the 89 GF - Masterstroke that was

Best must be Terry Lamb giving Hoppa the Green light to administer on Field Anal probes

moik

Bench
Lang , awesome stuff.

One of the SOO matches this year, the camera caught Sticky throwing his two way radio down with quite a bit of force. Next camera shot he was trying to put it back together again.

Carty a few weeks ago with his head in his hands. Funny shit.
Matty Elliot is brilliant in the coaches box. Gonna miss him.

Barry's Beath

Juniors
The exchange between Gould and Harrigan,
Gould "Bill what would you do if I called you a cheat"
Harrigan "I would have you removed from the sideline"
Gould "What would you do if I thought you were a cheat"
Harrigan "Phil I wouldnt be able to do anything because I dont know what you are
thinking"
Gould "Well Bill I think you are a cheat."

beave

Coach
The exchange between Gould and Harrigan,
Gould "Bill what would you do if I called you a cheat"
Harrigan "I would have you removed from the sideline"
Gould "What would you do if I thought you were a cheat"
Harrigan "Phil I wouldnt be able to do anything because I dont know what you are
thinking"
Gould "Well Bill I think you are a cheat."

hahahah, yeah I remember that, awesome stuff!!!

What about Tim Sheens signing both Noel Goldthorpe and Paul Green to be the halves up here??? Probably the smallest halves pairing in the history of RL and both would get in each others way on the field as both were 7's......

But the icing on the cake was Sheens then 'realizing' after god knows how long both these lads in the halves wasn't going to work, he decides to play Paul Green at fullback against Canberra at Bruce........... it was like watching a down syndrome kid take your car for a drive, you just knew there was going to be 'hilarious' consequences!!!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Matt Eliiott's selections have had me in raptures at times.

Earlier in the year when he named Kevin Kingston at half gave me sore guts. The teams thread was brilliant reading that week, Panthers fans were in meltdown.

Elliott will be sorely missed on my behalf.

Edwahu

Bench
Matt Eliiott's selections have had me in raptures at times.

Earlier in the year when he named Kevin Kingston at half gave me sore guts. The teams thread was brilliant reading that week, Panthers fans were in meltdown.

Elliott will be sorely missed on my behalf.

Terry Martin at 5/8th for Canberra was one of his best.

Snappy

Coach
Stickys sweaty arm pits in Origin 2 were pretty funny, but Langs dive last night was unreal