What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended contract offer to Kearney

IFR33K

Coach
I agree - the 3P apologists are out in force today.

How dare we question the re-signing of a rookie coach until 2059 midway through his first (and so far largely unsuccessful) season?

Pretty sure there are some forum members, who are associated with the board some way.

Always defending them, and talking them up.

Ratchy

Juniors
No, I think you meant our board is a joke.

The penrith panthers had the vision to sign a tried, tested and proven man to oversee the teams/coaches performance.

Why are we putting all ours eggs in 1 basket, relying on SK to be good'un. A rookie that is yet to achieve jack.

f**k me there are a lot of spin doctors in our forums.

Penrith didn't have some vision that other clubs didn't by signing Gus. The Cowboys tried it got knocked back and i'm sure many other clubs have inquired about his services and got knocked back.

Penrith had an upper hand because it seems Gould has a somewhat emotional attachment to the joint. Talk about being a spin doctor

IFR33K

Coach
Penrith didn't have some vision that other clubs didn't by signing Gus. The Cowboys tried it got knocked back and i'm sure many other clubs have inquired about his services and got knocked back.

Penrith had an upper hand because it seems Gould has a somewhat emotional attachment to the joint. Talk about being a spin doctor

The point being, why didnt the eels chase gus??????? or someone of his caliber.

And for the record, pretty sure that Gus worked with the cowboys coaching staff in some capacity. Not quite sure they got knocked back.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pretty sure there are some forum members, who are associated with the board some way.

Always defending them, and talking them up.

To be honest, I never really cared about the board. IMO, football club politics is as gay as a 3 man spit roast.

I don't even know who the current board members are. But there are so many whiny f**ks on this forum crying about them that I hope the board stays in power just to rub your pissy f**king faces in it.

IFR33K

Coach
To be honest, I never really cared about the board. IMO, football club politics is as gay as a 3 man spit roast.

I don't even know who the current board members are. But there are so many whiny f**ks on this forum crying about them that I hope the board stays in power just to rub your pissy f**king faces in it.

Mr T should of ripped your head off when he had the chance.

If you are happy to support a club on a huge slide, then good f**king luck to you.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
What a joke, let him just prove he has what it takes before the club extend his contract. Has done nothing to suggest he deserves an extension, next thing, they'll be extending mortimers contract to 2016.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree, as evidenced by our current position at the top of the NRL ladder.

I'd rather a shit season followed by years of success than a flash in the pan followed by mediocrity.

Especially because short-term success is impossible in this game.

bartman

Immortal
Short term success is impossible... but in 2009 we were only beaten the grand final by an illegal squad, and have been shit ever since. Wouldn't that have been short term success?

The salary cap makes short term success more likely to be the name of the game these days. Both 2005 grand finalists missed the 8 the next year (and we as 2005 minor premiers only scraped into 8th) - more examples of this "impossible" short term success :lol:.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Short term success is impossible... but in 2009 we were only beaten the grand final by an illegal squad, and have been shit ever since. Wouldn't that have been short term success?

The salary cap makes short term success more likely to be the name of the game these days. Both 2005 grand finalists missed the 8 the next year (and we as 2005 minor premiers only scraped into 8th) - more examples of this "impossible" short term success :lol:.

tell that to Brisbane

boxhead

First Grade
Have we gone backwards or forwards from last year is the real question. With consideration that our roster is much weaker, I would say we are about the same in regards to attack but backwards in defence.
But changing situations influence this; in 2010, despite EGJ being a defensive nightmare, we still had several proven first-graders for the majority of the year in the back-line; Inu, Reddy, Tahu. Most of the tries scored against us this year come on the wings, and that can be targeted at having inexperienced centres.

Lots of other factors, but I would say in certain ways we have gone forward (committment and attitude) and in other ways we have gone backward (defence, capability to win/hold on in games).

TheParraboy

Staff member
i find it a bit weird that you'd try and extend half a year into a 3 yr contract .... i wonder if they are scared some other club might try and poach him? worried about Gus maybe??? :-k

I think we are worried the Perth Reds might get him :sarcasm:

HevyDevy

Coach
Have we gone backwards or forwards from last year is the real question. With consideration that our roster is much weaker, I would say we are about the same in regards to attack but backwards in defence.
But changing situations influence this; in 2010, despite EGJ being a defensive nightmare, we still had several proven first-graders for the majority of the year in the back-line; Inu, Reddy, Tahu. Most of the tries scored against us this year come on the wings, and that can be targeted at having inexperienced centres.

Lots of other factors, but I would say in certain ways we have gone forward (committment and attitude) and in other ways we have gone backward (defence, capability to win/hold on in games).

Incidentally, while EGJ copped a lot of shit for his defence, the real problem was the man inside him ...

I believe that has been proven this season.

bartman

Immortal
And do you believe we're headed for years of success?
He (and a couple of others) have obviously bought the "we've got a plan" spin as well...

Oh, I forgot, it's "death-riding" to even question whether things are truly heading in the right direction.