What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels treating close losses this year as a learning process

SDM

First Grade
I dont know - sometimes I prefer to be gone at halftime so I know the result rather than getting getting my hopes up for 77 minutes !

No way, would rather run second in a photo than get flogged. That is why we support the team isn't it? The heart in your mouth moments are the best, wouldn't bother otherwise, I would just stay home and eat cucumber sambos.

CrazyEel

Bench
I believe that's actually a well written article by Rothfield for a change, I wonder who explained it to him as he has never come across as someone who can see through the emotion. Hindy is right to say a different culture is emerging.

Gronk

Staff member
The image is too pixelated to lip read. Do you have a higher quality version?

penn_jillette.gif

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I hate the talk, "at least they are not giving up and having a crack" if this team didn't give up and had a crack for the full 80 as opossed to playing 50 or 60min they would have beaten the storm, manly and cowboys up in townsville.

Seriously, some people just need to admit we are a shit team and so far behind other teams that its going to take a lot more then "close losses" to fix this team up. Starting with Stephen 'again you know the lads tried hard' Kearney.

BigErn

Juniors
I hate the talk, "at least they are not giving up and having a crack" if this team didn't give up and had a crack for the full 80 as opossed to playing 50 or 60min they would have beaten the storm, manly and cowboys up in townsville.

Seriously, some people just need to admit we are a shit team and so far behind other teams that its going to take a lot more then "close losses" to fix this team up. Starting with Stephen 'again you know the lads tried hard' Kearney.

you know, you know, the lads have prepared really well this week.... umm, again, you know, the lads have a fairly specific structure.... the lads the lads. you know, ummm, you know.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
An Editor-at-Large is a journalist who contributes content to a publication.

Unlike an editor who works on a publication from day-to-day and is hands on, an editor-at-large will contribute content on a regular or semi-regular basis and will have less of a say on a specific field such as layout, pictures or the publication’s direction.

However, unlike a writer, they are allowed their own preferences in the content they have to generate and don’t always have to pitch their ideas to the main editor. Though they are still subject to the direction and oversight of chief editors and executive editors, they frequently come up with ideas for other writers to research and write. "At large" means the editor has no specific assignments, but rather works on whatever interests them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor-at-Large

In Telegraph speak, a licence to talk complete rubbish about whatever you see fit, normally in an attempt to outrage the reader into being so annoyed they comment on your site, therefore justifying your job by ensuring the amount of hits you receive overides your complete lack of journalism ability.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
you know, you know, the lads have prepared really well this week.... umm, again, you know, the lads have a fairly specific structure.... the lads the lads. you know, ummm, you know.

Haha EAT A f**kEN DICK!!! Kearney's got the job and whichever coach you like doesn't.

I hope Kearney grinds the club into the ground and then f**ks off with Hayne to win a premiership with the Bulldogs.

Just because I know you'd hate it.

CrazyEel

Bench
Haha EAT A f**kEN DICK!!! Kearney's got the job and whichever coach you like doesn't.

I hope Kearney grinds the club into the ground and then f**ks off with Hayne to win a premiership with the Bulldogs.

Just because I know you'd hate it.
LOL, that's the problem I have with the NBN, if public safety relies on keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools why provide them with keyboards. :lol:

CrazyEel

Bench
If I'm not mistaken one of the first things Kearney said on arrival was that he wasn't concerned with where we finished this year and was only concerned about changing the culture or words to that effect.

Eels Dude

Coach
If I'm not mistaken one of the first things Kearney said on arrival was that he wasn't concerned with where we finished this year and was only concerned about changing the culture or words to that effect.

That's both a good thing and a bad thing. It's great to change the culture and set up a long term stability. But if that involves sacrificing income from membership and sponsorship from poor results than it's a negative.

All for him to succeed long term. But there's prices you pay if you can't get short term success. I think fans could benefit from more info about how we're moving forward as opposed to just 'we're moving forward'. That kind of stuff will be the difference as to whether we'll improve or even maintain our membership numbers next year. Let's face it, the promises and advertised selling points of last year's membership drive have not been fullfilled.

CrazyEel

Bench
All true and I'm not promoting it nor defending it but merely stating what the guy said. It was in the papers pre-season he was more interested in changing the culture this year than where we finished on the ladder.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's both a good thing and a bad thing. It's great to change the culture and set up a long term stability. But if that involves sacrificing income from membership and sponsorship from poor results than it's a negative.

But it would only have impacted income for this year, and I'm sure when he made those comments that we would have sold most of our memberships and season tickets already.

Next year membership sales will go through the roof with the new signings coming in. Especially if we start winning some games.

Latest posts