What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forget The Skeleton, Forget The Spine, It's About The Team

TheRam

Coach
Forget about all this new age nonsense of spines, skeletons, bones, cartilages, marrow, sinew or vomit...or whatever other garbage you may have heard of. I am telling you right here and now, it's all about the TEAM!!!

In 2012, I can see a TEAM that is built around the following as being successful:

1. Luke Burt
2. Ken Sio
3. Willie Tonga
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Loko
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Anthony Watts
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Justin Horro
13. Reni Maitua

14. Ben Roberts/Ben Smith
15. Mitchell Allgood
16. Shane Shackleton/Pat O'Hanlon
17. Justin Poore

Skeleton...Oh ffs!!!

End of story.

SDM

First Grade
lol, I think posts with next years team listed are stupid. But I agree with the sentiments on spines, skeletons etc. Wanka talk.

TheRam

Coach
lol, I think posts with next years team listed are stupid. But I agree with the sentiments on spines, skeletons etc. Wanka talk.

I agree. The team I put named is irrelevant to the sentiment of the thread.

I could have put Porky Pig from 1 to 17. Wouldn't have mattered.

True EEL

Bench
Forget about all this new age nonsense of spines, skeletons, bones, cartilages, marrow, sinew or vomit...or whatever other garbage you may have heard of. I am telling you right here and now, it's all about the TEAM!!!

In 2012, I can see a TEAM that is built around the following as being successful:

1. Luke Burt
2. Ken Sio
3. Willie Tonga
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Loko
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Anthony Watts
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Justin Horro
13. Reni Maitua

15. Mitchell Allgood
17. Justin Poore

Skeleton...Oh ffs!!!

End of story.

The Ram,

obviously you have never heard of a thing called sarcasm....??? ;-)

i was simply trying to bring a bit of levity to the situation by slinging off at the use of the spine terminology by essentially saying what you are saying here....that there is a good core of players to work around for next year and that starts and ends with your front row and your halves.....so the core of the team is really the point i was trying to illustrate......just don't take things so literally

i wasn't trying to spawn the use of some new buzzword, i'm against it too, just saying that the core of the team is bigger than the spine that people/coaches/players do talk about and that our core is looking good for next year.....i agree with you and was being a bit tongue in cheek, so maybe settle a little, its all good?? I mean we obviously also agree on most of those core positions even, based on your team and what i was proposing

ps. Anthony Watts though....oh ffs!!! ;-)

Last edited:

Jason70

Juniors

1. Luke Burt
2. Ken Sio
3. Willie Tonga
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Loko
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Anthony Watts
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Justin Horro
13. Reni Maitua

15. Mitchell Allgood
17. Justin Poore

Skeleton...Oh ffs!!!

End of story.

Not a bad side, dont no when Watts was signed though. Roberts on the bench looks good but please keep Ben Smith at Wenty. 3/4 line looks good.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The spine refers to the 4 players who handle the ball most and who make the most decisions on the team - hooker, halves, fullback.

The term might be stupid but the concept and its importance is undeniable, though it's not exactly new - back in the day they used to talk about the 'scrumbase combination' of 6, 7 and 8 (lock).

Anyway, there's not really a better term than 'spine' since these four players hover around the middle third of the field. Just like a spine hovers around the middle of a rotting carcass.

SDM

First Grade
True Eel hates the term spine because he finds it discriminatory.

TheRam

Coach
The Ram,

obviously you have never heard of a thing called sarcasm....??? ;-)

i was simply trying to bring a bit of levity to the situation by slinging off at the use of the spine terminology by essentially saying what you are saying here....that there is a good core of players to work around for next year and that starts and ends with your front row and your halves.....so the core of the team is really the point i was trying to illustrate......just don't take things so literally

i wasn't trying to spawn the use of some new buzzword, i'm against it too, just saying that the core of the team is bigger than the spine that people/coaches/players do talk about and that our core is looking good for next year.....i agree with you and was being a bit tongue in cheek, so maybe settle a little, its all good?? I mean we obviously also agree on most of those core positions even, based on your team and what i was proposing

ps. Anthony Watts though....oh ffs!!! ;-)

Chill dude, I was just adding sarcasm on top of your sarcasm and tongue in cheeking your tongue in cheek.

I must say though, that I am so settled down knowing that you too are settled down. Wow how good is it that we both feel so good?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Chill dude, I was just adding sarcasm on top of your sarcasm and tongue in cheeking your tongue in cheek.

I must say though, that I am so settled down knowing that you too are settled down. Wow how good is it that we both feel so good?

MAN, i'm, getting such a lift from both you guys feeling so good that i'm feeling so good too.

Last edited:

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Everything but -

1. Hayne
2. Burt
6. Roberts

Ken Sio untried, and dont wan another horror start to 2012 while letting Hayne trying to figure out how to play 5/8....

Latest posts