What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL@KARNEY...Is his job in trouble???

boxhead

First Grade
f**k me boxy, you're going to suffer from premature ejaculation.

The kid played well, but future rep player, after 6 or 7 games, that'll do me.

It doesn't change the fact that Ricky brought him into the NSW squad as part of a "future representatives" program. So actually yes he was being talked about in that light.

Bazal

Post Whore
mate you are the one going on about Kearney and that questions should be asked on him like you do every week. Maybe all the sarcasm is because you are starting to sound like a broke down record.

Mate what questions would you like to be asked of him? he has a 3 year contract we have made same decent signings for next year, so lets just see what happens.

Do I? Every week? Pretty sure that's a little bit of a fib, and you couldn't back that up...

IFR33K

Coach
It doesn't change the fact that Ricky brought him into the NSW squad as part of a "future representatives" program. So actually yes he was being talked about in that light.

I stopped reading at the bald bits.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Well Tahu asked for some time off, kearney didn't allow that and told him if he takes time off don't come back to the club, so don't use tahu leaving as an excuse because kearney could of kept him.

CrazyEel

Bench
Ahhh, I love the mindless, aggressive sarcasm of people who have no other recourse...that's my favourite kind of sarcasm.
I know it is, I've seen you use it often.

Seriously, I don't think too many people are saying he SHOULD DEFINITELY be sacked...simply that questions should be asked.
I am, it's not a f**king press conference and what good will come from "questions need to be asked"? How is that going to change anything? If you don't want him sacked just what do you want?

If he's no good and not going to be any good then seems to me best thing is sack him now.

hybrideel

Bench
I think Kearney needs to be given the time Anderson wasn't. In saying that i am not confident that he will be a success. Looking at things this year it seems to me that he just wants us to mimic Melbourne's style of play because that's all he knows. The problem with this is we don't have the players in key positions that Melbourne do so we can't play like them.
It seems that rather than playing to his current squads strengths, he is trying to convert them into his style of player. I can understand he has a style that he wants to work to but the current players aren't capable of that. They are at their best when playing 2nd phase ad lib footy but he has cut that out completely so we are relying solely on defence to win us games with a bit of individual brilliance here and there.
What's going to happen if/when the game evolves again and what Melbourne do won't work. Can Kearney adapt? That will be the test as to whether he will be a good coach or not

Bazal

Post Whore
I know it is, I've seen you use it often.

Nah, I prefer to use needlessly over aggressive sarcasm. Subtle difference, but it's there

I am, it's not a f**king press conference and what good will come from "questions need to be asked"? How is that going to change anything? If you don't want him sacked just what do you want?

If he's no good and not going to be any good then seems to me best thing is sack him now.

Fair enough. I can't say I'd be upset if he was sacked, but I do think regardless of my opinion he deserves to show what he can do next year.

Parraren

Bench
I think Kearney needs to be given the time Anderson wasn't. In saying that i am not confident that he will be a success. Looking at things this year it seems to me that he just wants us to mimic Melbourne's style of play because that's all he knows. The problem with this is we don't have the players in key positions that Melbourne do so we can't play like them.
It seems that rather than playing to his current squads strengths, he is trying to convert them into his style of player. I can understand he has a style that he wants to work to but the current players aren't capable of that. They are at their best when playing 2nd phase ad lib footy but he has cut that out completely so we are relying solely on defence to win us games with a bit of individual brilliance here and there.
What's going to happen if/when the game evolves again and what Melbourne do won't work. Can Kearney adapt? That will be the test as to whether he will be a good coach or not

Some good points there mate

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
F*&K mate just get over it already, WTF is Kearney supposed to do when T and EGJ pulled out in December...GIVE HIM A CHANCE to put a team HE wants together before we judge him...We are in this position since BS left as we have been to rash in making decisions about head coaches..

Mate if he was a coach's arsehole he would have been able to get Whatuira and Hicks to play as well as Tahu and Grothe. Wayne Bennett would have gotten Morgan or Loko to dominate Greg Inglis tonight. Easy.

Old Wayne would have motivated Joel Reddy to play injured and Joel would've played Origin this year.

Sack Kearney. And then ask him questions.

Juniors
Mate if he was a coach's arsehole he would have been able to get Whatuira and Hicks to play as well as Tahu and Grothe. Wayne Bennett would have gotten Morgan or Loko to dominate Greg Inglis tonight. Easy.

Old Wayne would have motivated Joel Reddy to play injured and Joel would've played Origin this year.

Sack Kearney. And then ask him questions.

Now i know why u call urself poupou cause thats all you talk...

BigErn

Juniors

Love this post. Said this since round 1 when I saw him grooming us to the Melbourne style.

Juniors
Love this post. Said this since round 1 when I saw him grooming us to the Melbourne style.

Agree but in saying that doesnt Wayne Bennett use the same strategy, he has been doing it successfully for over 20 year so it is a proven system.

Eels Dude

Coach

Brilliant post.