What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4-nation Emerging Players Tournament

Yesterday in QLD the 4-nation EPT kicked off with T20 games.

IND def NZ and SA def AIS

The only highlight for Australia was 110* (52 balls) from Glenn Maxwell, next top score was 18.

To make things worse, the best bowler for the AIS was a scholar from India who's over from the MRF Pace Foundation.

AIS are in a 3-day games against NZ

AIS 5/304 (Armstrong 112, Keath 73, Beaton 50*, Maxwell 36)

NZ 8/340 (Starc 3/26, Brain 3/83)

AIS 3/180 (Maxwell 74*, Harris 36, Keath 34*)

aussies1st

Staff member
Maxwell looks a talent with the bat, will be eagerly watching how he goes this season.

He was pretty much a slogger last year, IIRC he made the fastest ODD 50 in Australia ever in the last 10 overs of a match winning run chase. Hopefully he's refining his game a bit and aims to play in the Shield this season.

Keath is definitely a FC/Test prospect, tall with not much meat on his bones, but he knows how to build and innings and occupy the crease.

Red Bear

Referee
I got Tim Armstrong out once, in an under 16's comp.

From results so far the Aussies and Kiwi's (who may as well be an A team) are a fiar way behind the Saffers and Indians

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was pretty much a slogger last year, IIRC he made the fastest ODD 50 in Australia ever in the last 10 overs of a match winning run chase. Hopefully he's refining his game a bit and aims to play in the Shield this season.

Keath is definitely a FC/Test prospect, tall with not much meat on his bones, but he knows how to build and innings and occupy the crease.

well thats probably enough to get him into our test team according to Hildud's selection criteria

aussies1st

Staff member

I'd say his Shield game looks just fine so far, his start so far reads 3 matches, 5 innings for two 50s and one 100 with an average of 76. Chuck in this match and you have 7 innings with three 50s and one 100 with the potential to make this two 100s.

blain

Juniors
I got Tim Armstrong out once, in an under 16's comp.

From results so far the Aussies and Kiwi's (who may as well be an A team) are a fiar way behind the Saffers and Indians

Yeah its pretty much our A Team, but a narrow loss to India and beating SA says they arent a fair way behind them mate.

yappy

Bench
I assume guys like Hazelwood, Maddinson, and Cummins aren't playing due to injury?

aussies1st

Staff member
Beer playing and getting spanked, 115 off 14 overs with economy of 8.21. Beer not much better going at 6.73 an over. Maxwell was the pick with 2 wickets at an economy of 3.63.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know what more they could expect from Beer, Vics let him go because he couldn't make their team yet Hildud picks him for Australia

Go figure

Latest posts