What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring back Morts

Chipmunk

Coach
Well I'm going to join the chant to bring back Morts. I mean, his defence alone is better than the two current halves put together. Not to mention his enthusiasm. I know that doesn't necessarily make him a good footballer, but I think he is what we need ATM.

Given the current circumstances I have to agree with giving him a run, even if its on the bench and rotate him with Keating. McGuire was very ordinary, Hayne wasnt alot better. Im starting to feel sorry for the kid and I dont even rate him that highly

Parra Pride

Coach
Morts will save us from the oblivion that is known as the wooden spoon. Cometh the hour, cometh the Morts.

True EEL

Bench
My point is you shouldn't have tried to be a smartarse in trying to correct my spelling, and if you do then at least make sure you get it right.

Yes, I do think Casey is better than either Morts or Robbo and while you have the right to express an opinion on what I know about a game my opinion is your opinions are of no value anyway. Have a nice evening.

read my reply post again, the only thing i was being a smartass about was your fanciful claim implying Morts shouldn't be selected because Forum fans would erupt.....

and have your opinion about my opinions being of no value, but my opinion is going to remain the same about your opinions being poorly formulated, as evidenced by Casey McGuire again showing v Manly that currently he is not NRL standard and is nothing more than a passenger muppet wearing the 7 jumper in our team. Hey, its just my opinion ;-)

and cheers, i did have a good evening, except for the Parra game

CrazyEel

Bench
Sheesh, of course that was your whole point of highlighting and respelling the word but you got it wrong, no point back peddling and trying to squirm your way out of it.:roll:

BTW as subtly is not a strong point of yours I 'll point out to you I actually chose that word because it aptly describes your rant of a few months back about never wanting to see Morts picked in 1st grade again. I thought even you would have picked up on the irony of it but I guess not.:lol:

I don't care if you keep this thread or the Roberts thread for your tirades against me, go for it I kinda think your obsession is funny. Just try not to drag it across all other threads if you don't mind, your constant referencing to me is like stalking and you're starting to scare me. :eek:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why does he deserve another shot? He struggles in 2010, he struggles in 2011. What will change?

Mortimer may become a good player eventually (i think he will struggle tbh) but if he is to do so he needs to work on his game. His kicking game is woefully inept at NRL and his running game is rarely utilized. Mortimer need intense training on his skills rather to develop them, he is looking good because of quality of fullback in NSW cup but when he comes back it will be the same problem. At the end of the day Mortimer needs to do better then play good footy, he needs to be tearing teams apart like Roberts was doing earlier this year.

Wait, wait, wait...

So, in your eyes, he has no talent. Or barely any discernible talent.

And yet in the same breath you mutter that he must tear teams apart in Wenty to even be considered?

That, my friend, is an oxymoron.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sheesh, of course that was your whole point of highlighting and respelling the word but you got it wrong, no point back peddling and trying to squirm your way out of it.:roll:

BTW as subtly is not a strong point of yours I 'll point out to you I actually chose that word because it aptly describes your rant of a few months back about never wanting to see Morts picked in 1st grade again. I thought even you would have picked up on the irony of it but I guess not.:lol:

I don't care if you keep this thread or the Roberts thread for your tirades against me, go for it I kinda think your obsession is funny. Just try not to drag it across all other threads if you don't mind, your constant referencing to me is like stalking and you're starting to scare me. :eek:

* "Subtlety"

;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wait, wait, wait...

So, in your eyes, he has no talent. Or barely any discernible talent.

And yet in the same breath you mutter that he must tear teams apart in Wenty to even be considered?

That, my friend, is an oxymoron.

By which I simply mean you cannot expect a bloke who, in your opinion, has little/no talent to dominate a NSW Cup competition that has players that are just as talented or more than him. I believe you either must concede that he does have some talent, or drop the expectation that he needs to dominate the competition.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nevermind Eele, there's sure to be other opportunities, so I'll man up to making a mistake this time.:lol:

We all make mistakes! I'm pretty sure when I was at Parra Stadium watching the Storm game two weeks ago that I called Hindy Lasalo...I don't even know how I managed that, but I messed up! My mate looked at me and said, "How dare you?"

Eelementary

Post Whore
BTW eele, to qualify as an oxymoron the contradiction should be in the same sentence yes?

Technically, I suppose! But I was trying to say that the idea of a "no-talent hack" dominating a competition is an oxymoron. I couldn't think of the correct term - closest I could think of was 'oxymoron', even though it's technically not correct.

CrazyEel

Bench
We all make mistakes! I'm pretty sure when I was at Parra Stadium watching the Storm game two weeks ago that I called Hindy Lasalo...I don't even know how I managed that, but I messed up! My mate looked at me and said, "How dare you?"
That we do Eele, one of the few constants you can count on in life, and the older you get the more you make (not because you're old but because you've had more opportunity), even if some don't care to admit it.

CrazyEel

Bench
Technically, I suppose! But I was trying to say that the idea of a "no-talent hack" dominating a competition is an oxymoron. I couldn't think of the correct term - closest I could think of was 'oxymoron', even though it's technically not correct.
I know that mate, I was just feeling vengefull and couldn't help myself, I'm sorry :lol:

Latest posts