What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we after Scott Prince ??

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
4 of my mates, came up to me at different times, and said did you hear about Souths after Scott Prince, i said no and was heaps confused lol. and they couldn't have G'd me up cause they were mates who didn't know each other.. lol. I can't find anything about it, probably just a rumor, but i thought i'd you fellas about it, anyone heard anything about this ??

Achillies

Juniors
Unless a player on some major coin is released i dont see how we could afford it. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense either to pay 400k or more for Prince when we wouldnt pay it for Sandow.

Zigwaa

Bench
I doubt Prince would leave QLD. The reason he went back up there was so his Mrs could do her paramedics job again as her accreditation is only valid in QLD.

If he were to leave the Titans it would be to another QLD club.

BranVan3000

Coach
I doubt Prince would leave QLD. The reason he went back up there was so his Mrs could do her paramedics job again as her accreditation is only valid in QLD.

There are three QLD clubs, who says any of them want him?

I don't want him either.

Achilles said:
Unless a player on some major coin is released i dont see how we could afford it. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense either to pay 400k or more for Prince when we wouldnt pay it for Sandow.

We have plenty of money under the cap

liquor box

Juniors

just like GI

Gained: Matt King (Warrington- UK), Justin Hunt, Ryan Carr (Redcliffe- QLD Cup), Luke Burgess (Leeds- UK (Mid-Season)

Lost: Chris Sandow (Eels), Shannan McPherson (Salford-UK), Junior Vaivai (Mid-Season), Josh Mansour (Panthers), Luke Stuart (Retirement), Rhys Wesser (Retirement)

Rumoured Losses: Fetuli Talanoa, Eddy Pettybourne (Release), Kane Morgan (Sharks), Ben Ross (

Even with potentially backended contracts, We've gained four and lost six. and a select four players from the one's we lost would be more salary then what we've gained. and It's strongly suggested that Talanoa, Petty and Morgan won't be at the club and Ross is definitely on the outer at the Rabbitohs.

We'd have enough cap to sign two reasonable players and some depth signings.

We'd be able to afford Prince, I think he is worth a go for a 2 year deal but then would have to play ridiculous football to earn a 1 year extension onto that. He'll give us direction under a good forward back and would feed better ball to our outside backs. Whether Inglis will be at 6 or in the centres is still yet to be revealed. It would give time for Reynolds and Mundine to blossom further.

Last edited:

Achillies

Juniors
We'd be able to afford Prince, I think he is worth a go for a 2 year deal but then would have to play ridiculous football to earn a 1 year extension onto that.
Given Cronk and Tomkins are off contract at the end of next year and that they have strong ties to Maguire i wouldnt be spending big amounts on a halfback for next year. Reynolds should get a shot at half next year and see if he has a future there.
We look a bit light on in the front row,we definatly need some more depth there.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Am i the only one who watched his dismal performances all year?

Do not want, repeat DO NOT WANT!!!

We've signed players for depth from the qld cup, give em a run if we need to, but signing Prince would be a step backwards, lose an aging fullback, pick up an aging halfback??

rabbitohbill

Juniors
Am i the only one who watched his dismal performances all year?

Do not want, repeat DO NOT WANT!!!

We've signed players for depth from the qld cup, give em a run if we need to, but signing Prince would be a step backwards, lose an aging fullback, pick up an aging halfback??

You speak sense, well done

BranVan3000

Coach
Tomkins has been signed for five years - Wigan.

Yup, and I believe it was just this year?

Its not too hard to negotiate out of a SL contract, but not in the first year or two of it

Plus Tomkins is like 75kgs. He wouldn't last at the intensity of NRL

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
are the rabbitohs after scott prince?

according to the rules of the alphabet, yes..

Mince

Nince

Once

Prince

Quince

Rabbitohs

Since

BranVan3000

Coach
are the rabbitohs after scott prince?

according to the rules of the alphabet, yes..

Mince

Nince

Once

Prince

Quince

Rabbitohs

Since
american_psycho_guffaw.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jamie Coward.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stop being such a troll..

We're in here discussing scott prince and the rabbitohs and you start throwing around a jibe about a player from a different team who has completely no relation to this discussion whatsoever.. It makes no sense.

And don't steal african monkey's work..

African Monkey

First Grade
If he came at the right price, I would take him in a heartbeat. However, as someone has already said, he would never leave QLD again.

Galeforce

Bench
He is playing behind a inconsistent pack this year and on this years form , NO ,however before the start of this year , the answer would have been an easy YES.
If we are after Cronk or another experienced half for 2013 , then signing Prince for 2012 only could be a smart move.

Latest posts