What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Weidler baseless sensationalism/gutter journalism thread

M2D2

Bench
Cannot stand Weidler. Haven't seen this footage yet but I can't stand the way he somehow finds a way of sneaking a reference about his mates SBW, Nasser, Mundine, and Quade Cooper into his weekly gossip column in the Sun Herald even though nobody gives a flying f**k about any of them.
This. My God. THIS.
Cant stand him.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rugby league has some of the most woeful "journalists" - Wiedler and Rothfield will say anything to get a headline. What did rugby league do to deserve these cretins?

i wonder that too

both should have been drowned at birth

Rugby league has some of the most woeful "journalists" - Wiedler and Rothfield will say anything to get a headline. What did rugby league do to deserve these cretins?

Ray Hadley, DUI Bec, Josh Massoud, Andrew Webster...RL must have been naughty in a past life.

Brutus

Referee
Weidler is a union man, making a living dishing crap on RL.]

Just look at his gossip column last Sunday. 70 percent of it was union crap that nobody would give a shit about. And of course the usual rubbish about the Nasser stanle,

nqcowboy87

Bench
Cannot stand Weidler. Haven't seen this footage yet but I can't stand the way he somehow finds a way of sneaking a reference about his mates SBW, Nasser, Mundine, and Quade Cooper into his weekly gossip column in the Sun Herald even though nobody gives a flying f**k about any of them.

he is such a brown nosing snivelling twit, you just know like tk he was bullied at school and now this is his chance to hang with the "cool kids", except everyone still thinks hes a tool, beau ryans imersonation of him was spot on

i say we put danny weidler, terry kennedy and kyle sandilands on an island with no outside communication except monthly food drops from the air, and wash our hands of those tools once and for all, that is my dream

thorson1987

Coach
he is such a brown nosing snivelling twit, you just know like tk he was bullied at school and now this is his chance to hang with the "cool kids", except everyone still thinks hes a tool, beau ryans imersonation of him was spot on

i say we put danny weidler, terry kennedy and kyle sandilands on an island with no outside communication except monthly food drops from the air, and wash our hands of those tools once and for all, that is my dream

This,

but i wouldnt even bother with the food drops.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Busy watching the worst news in Australia, and he had his segment on the punch up. Opens with:
"This is the darkest day in rugby league."

Apart from the obvious problems with that statement, he interviewed Gallop at the press conference about the fight. It went something like this:

Weidler to Gallop: "Is this the darkest day in rugby league history?"
Gallop: "No. We have a good clean game and this was a rare occurrence. Our judiciary is strong. So no, it isn't the darkest day in rugby league history."

f**k me I hate opinionated, unbalanced and unethical journalists. Gives the rest of us a bad name.:x

jonno_knights

Juniors
Darkest day in Rugby league history?

Seriously did Wiedler not live through the brawls of the 70's and 80's. Even I didnt and i know they were 10x worse then what happened Friday night.

And I'm not sure how brawls can be considered that bad. Its part of the sport, and part of most contact sports. Sure they are not condoned, but Its nowhere near the level of some of the NHL and other ice hockey leagues.

Pretty sure the darkest day in the league would have happened sometime between 95-97.

Weidler - isn't he the guy who gives us all updates on Mundine and Money Bill Williams because no one else cares?

Seriously, if 9 want the rights again, the NRL should demand that is not employed by Channel 9.

Brutus

Referee
Channel 9 just have to go from RL.

They have had their day.

We will not cop it any longer.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pretty sure the darkest day in the league would have happened sometime between 95-97.

You would think so.

I can name a few things close to Weidler's heart that were worse than Friday night:

SBW ditching his team-mates and breaking a contract to sneak off to France.

Mundine claiming racism was the only reason he wasn't making rep teams.

That tongue-up-arse interview Weedler did with SBW in France.

Danny Weidler's career.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
There was one worse than all of them:
* his "exclusive" with khoder Nasser the Sunday night after sbw left, saying he will reveal were sbw is.
Nasser got on and said he didn't know were he was and it was basically an ad for mundines upcoming fight.
I remember hearing mike Munro interviewed after( he was reading the news that night) and he said it was the worst journalism he has ever seen.

Paullyboy

Coach
And you all play into his trap. Don't read the sh.t the union troll writes and you'll be a better person for it.
It baffles me how many people in this thread seem to read his crap. You're the problem!

Spot On

Coach
He's a comedian. Piss funny.

Hmm, oh look it Weidler's column. Let's see. I wonder who he is going to give a plug to this week. Oh this is new!!!!!!! It's about William Williams, Koder Nasser, Quade Cooper, Anthony Mundine and ...... the new kid on the block, Corey Patterson.

He obviously has a close friend or even relative in the business and his editor accepts the same column week after week after week mentioning the same five people week after week after week. It's now amusing to watch how long he can get paid for all these "scoops" he gets. Good on him, getting paid at the same time. Brilliant!