What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kite slams brawl replays

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kite slams brawl replays

30/8/2011 2:21 PM
Adam Lucius
Sportal

Emotional Manly prop Brent Kite has distanced himself from his brawling team mates while taking a swipe at media outlets for constantly replaying vision of the Brookvale Oval fight night.

Plainly determined to get his point across at a tense media session on Tuesday, Kite went straight on the front foot before a question was asked about the stoush that saw a total of 10 players from Melbourne and Manly charged.

The 2008 Churchill medallist made it clear he did not condone the initial fight between team mate Glenn Stewart and the Storm's Adam Blair or the wild brawl that ensued.

He then turned his attention to the media, labelling the saturation coverage of the incident damaging to the game's image.

"I will be responsible for whatever you ask me," Kite declared.

"If you ask me about Glenn, then Glenn is responsible for that."

"Whether coaches, players want to come out and say whatever they want, they're responsible for that."

"You blokes are responsible for what you show."

"It's your responsibility not to show it (the brawl) three times a day."

"It's a tough pill to swallow to say 'this is so bad what they've done' and you guys are splashing it on the telly."

"Everything else on telly is censored so if it's so bad let's stop showing it."

The veteran front-rower implored the media to ignore the controversy until after Stewart and Blair front the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

He continued: "We'll report on it, we'll get the result and you guys report on that - you've got to do your job."

"There's going to be a fallout. We'll see what the fallout is and just report on that."

But Kite refused to defend Stewart's role in the fight or those who joined in the ugly fracas.

"Please don't ask me what I think Glenn's done because ultimately he's responsible for his own actions and I'll be responsible for mine," Kite said.

"They are responsible for what they did on the field, I am responsible for what I did on the field."

Asked if the drama was making it hard to focus on Sunday's match against Brisbane, Kite responded: "No, not at all. We do it every week."

"We play footy. We'll be on again."

"It's easy (to focus). We're looking forward to it."

"We'll put on another good show."

"We're good, we're ready to play the next week."

clicky

For the records, I think he is absolutely spot on.

El Diablo

Post Whore
right after Ten news showed him saying that they showed the replay about 3 times

the media are going to drag this on as long as possible

it's time NRL players refused to be interviewed by these lowlife scumbags

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
right after Ten news showed him saying that they showed the replay about 3 times

thats what pissed me off

they showed it 3 times during a 30 second interview

bunch of f**king drama queens, anything for ratings

Raider_69

Post Whore

I commented to my GF at the time
"as to prove his point, here's another 3 replays of the fight"

ftr, i think he's got a very good point

Eels Dude

Coach
Even though I hate Manly I've gotta say those are very intelligent comments by Brent Kite in regards to the hypocrisy of the media.

El Diablo

Post Whore
now Ten are showing it again on Negus

wonder who their respected sport expert is going to be?

probably some AFL arseclown

LazyDreamer

Bench
As I said when one of Fri night's commentators mentioned the possibility of "bringing the game into disrepute" charges against Blair & Stewart (and for which both clubs were foned), if it's a Storm/Manly grand final, that footage will be used as THE advertisement for the game. It's a joke the way the media/NRL/whoever take the moral highground.

seaeagle sam

News Limited and especially the Tele are exactly the same. They keep saying how bad it is but are beating it up with 3/4 stories a day.

El Diablo

Post Whore
News Limited and especially the Tele are exactly the same. They keep saying how bad it is but are beating it up with 3/4 stories a day.

they are trying to make it difficult to get sponsors

journos who write about RL usually start ringing and harassing them to try and seemingly get them to withdraw sponsorship. this applies mainly to news ltd wanks but occasionally yu hear TV journos say they have rung sponsors too

not one RL journo is a fan of the game

Last edited:

Latest posts