What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
Same team as last week:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Ben Te'o
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Hunt
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Hala

Would really love to see us put in a good 80min performance heading into the finals. Which we probably haven't done yet this year.

The Crane

Juniors
Would really love to see us put in a good 80min performance heading into the finals. Which we probably haven't done yet this year.

Probably a fair comment. I'm looking forward to the game. 4pm start too, so the sun won't be in my face the whole time.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The Broncos should really rest players for this game imo. What if Hoffman, Lockyer or Thaiday etc go down in this game, would leave us in a spot of bother come finals.

But with the sellout crowd the fans deserve to see all the stars.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The Broncos should really rest players for this game imo. What if Hoffman, Lockyer or Thaiday etc go down in this game, would leave us in a spot of bother come finals.

But with the sellout crowd the fans deserve to see all the stars.

You try telling anyone on that team that they can't run out for Lockyer's last home game.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
You try telling anyone on that team that they can't run out for Lockyer's last home game.

I don't disagree with you. Of course the players would want to play, regardless of it being Lockyer's last home game (which technically it isn't). I'm just saying purely from a "winning the premiership" point of view that it would be better to rest players from a game, which from a "winning the premiership" point of view, means absolutely nothing.

AceAv

Juniors
I think injury wise weel be ok *touch wood. you tend to think players won't be drilling eachother once broncos get 16 infront... plus our depth has been so good all year, bring on an injury to "challenge" us ::p

Mr Fourex

Bench
Same team as last week:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Ben Te'o
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Hunt
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Hala

What do you think .......other than Hodgo missing, that's the full strength side?

Quietly confident going into the finals with this team.

user_nat

Coach
Yeah. Difference in full strength team would be:

4. Hodges
8. Hannant
16. McGuire
17. Teo

Although I guess you could start McGuire instead of Anderson.

The Crane

Juniors
Meh, I have no interest in Anderson off the bench. He doesn't offer much "impact". I think he either starts, or makes way for Hala's 3 dynamic runs.

ceagle

Bench
What's all this bullshit about it being Lockyer's last home game? Are the fans just trying to pretend that it is?

user_nat

Coach
What's all this bullshit about it being Lockyer's last home game? Are the fans just trying to pretend that it is?

Somewhat annoys me also.

I guess it made sense for marketing purposes originally, before the game sold out and before we were cemented in the top 4.

I just don't think the team is going to play any better because it is Lockyer's last regular season home game.

AceAv

Juniors
On the footy show last night and in some of the papers they aren't even saying "regular season"

Well take it up with them dude, but it's his last season home game for anyone who failed to notice...

I think Manly at $4 to win is a bit harsh... They still have a LOT of dangerous players and they are coming off a huge win from Melbourne... Not too sure how to rate this game.

Southern Cross

Juniors
Manly only won the FIGHT they didn't win the game dispite what the score board says maybe we can win both although without the 2 Stewarts thuggery they don't have a lot of fighters left Maybe Watmough or they could get tips of Gallen.Lets win by 50 points and finish second.

Latest posts