What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good rule chnage for once!

Perth Red

Post Whore
With all the tinkering of rules that goes on that just seems to create more inconsistency and problems I would just like to say a big well done to whoever came up with the idea of taking the corner post out of play. Since the rule change we have seen wingers become more and more adept and becoming airborne and scoring spectacular tries where once the corner flag would have made them no tries.

Nice to see a rule change improve the game for once!

ByRd

First Grade
agreed with this one. Just wish teams had the intelligence to perhaps spread it quickly to the edges where players are pretty much always offside

This. It frustrates me when they take it quickly and then just run straight at the 2 players who are onside, a couple of passes wide and you are on the run.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
This. It frustrates me when they take it quickly and then just run straight at the 2 players who are onside, a couple of passes wide and you are on the run.

If referees penalised it more it would be a more attractive option. Refs seem reluctant to penalise a team for being offside in a quick tap situation.

betcats

Referee
If referees penalised it more it would be a more attractive option. Refs seem reluctant to penalise a team for being offside in a quick tap situation.

I thought so too a bit earlier in the season but i think now they are getting it right.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Thank the Sunday Roast!

yep Vossy's been banging on about it for ages. It was about time they changed the ludicrous rule.

change the f**king stripping rule. if you cant hold onto the ball you dont deserve possession :fist:

docbrown

Coach
agreed with this one. Just wish teams had the intelligence to perhaps spread it quickly to the edges where players are pretty much always offside

They should be allowed to run it back to the kicker's line.

Team A kicks. They have to keep some players back for a potential return defence.

Team B picks up the ball that goes dead. Runs to the field line where the linesman has marked it, taps and is off.

Penalises a dud kick. It would change the way all teams think about their last tackle option.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Quick 20m tap is another.

I love that rule
id love it even more if the 10 was enforced when a quick tap was taken

i havent watched a great deal of footy this year, aside from raiders game (am living in an apartment that cant get fox) but from what ive seen, there isnt a side that even tries to get back the 10 on a quick tap. I almost choked on my $9.50 drink at ANZ when i saw a penalty blown for it, then cheaply laughed that its taken em 26 rounds and it was us that got pinged :lol: nothing went right for us this year hah

the 40/20 is the best new rule introduced imo. It's been a really great move for the game i recon. Promotes an idea of a strong long kicking game in young halves and better positional play from young fullbacks. It's produced some fairly significant momentum swings too over the years

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
agreed, i was against the cornerpost rule change, but it has worked as intended. the rest of the rule changes i was firmly behind this year, and i think they've all worked out very well.

kudos to the NRL and David Gallop. i only give Gallop a pat on the back, because you can be damn sure he'd be getting a knee in the c**k if you all didn't like the rule change/s. he practically never gets any credit for anything good in our game... increased revenue... increased crowds... increased tv ratings... it's always some petty bullshit about how he should be parading in the media.