What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maitua's plan to lure SBW to Eels

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
SBW was still growing during this time. That is one of the main reasons why he was injury prone. If we jagged SBW it would be the greatest and most anticipated signing in EELS history.
Ive always thought the same thing. Has he had many injuries in Union??

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id have him here. The guy is the most dominant forward I have ever seen.

Even when the Dogs were going shit after they lost Mason and O'Meley in one hit, everyone knew they were still a chance at beating every team because they had SBW in their side.

attamarrap

Juniors
Reni signed a two year deal didn't he? it seems like he's keen to stay after 2012 which is a good sign

ianlovesparra

Juniors
You would be stupid to not sign SBW if you had a chance. He was easily the best forward in the game when he was playing at the bulldogs. Sure that was a few years ago, but he still has it now. Him taking the hit ups and then getting that flick pass off to a flying hayne, thats would be awesome and his shoulder charges, he is just an all round perfect player.

But our club has made some dumb decisions, we'll prob here after he signs with the new brisbane team and he wins the dally m and a premiership that "parramatta had the chance to sign him but passed up on the offer" then you look at our back row and we'll have Justin Horro, Taniela Lasalo and Pat O'Hanlon as our starting back row lol.

84 Baby

Referee
The only reason I'd take Williams...

If he brought this bloke
images

AND not these blokes

images

Not fussed about this guy either

images

If it meant this

images

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if we signed $BW, the circus would be pert of the deal, not much you can do to stop that

broncos2010

Juniors
Yeah I am sure all you guys would be passing if you had the chance to sign SBW one of the best 2nd row forwards to play the game in last 10 years. Just look what he is doing in union as well. He is class and I am sure most of you who have half a brain at least would welcome him with open arms especially with some of the second rowers you have at the moment and hindmarsh time coming up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We know how good he is, but consider this - he's very expensive and he doesn't play in the spine.

I'm not sure if it's good squad-building practice to have such expensive players anywhere but hooker, fullback or the halves.

Add to that all his injuries, the freakshow he brings with him, and his own shit attitude, and I don't think Sonny Bill is worth what he would be asking for.

If he's so good why don't you want the Broncos to sign him?