What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Cliffhanger

Coach
We all like celebrating our progress and there appears to be no real thread for it yet so I thought I'd start one and give us all an opportunity to show off shamelessly. :D

So yeah post your lifting stats, pushup, dips or pull ups records, running stats, even post pics of your muscles, progress photos, or whatever.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Good thread.

I'm not usually one to brag, because my PBs are what some people do for warm-up (the moment where I sat at a machine and actually increased the weight after someone used it was a good day), but in the last couple of months from beginning of July, I've increased from a playing weight of 75 to 90kg.

Not all of it is rock hard muscle of course, but it's a decent start.

As long as you're making progress, you're doing better than most other people I guess.

aqua_duck

Coach
75 to 90 is a crazy gain for 2 months. It took me 2 and a half years to go from 70kg to 94kg

Squat: 290kg (belt/wraps) - outdated, probably lower now :x
Bench: 160kg - outdated, probably higher :D
Deadlift: 320kg (belt) - outdated, probably higher :D:D
Bodyweight currently about 105kg, bf% 10-12. 6'0, 21 years old.
Currently 5km run: under 22mins.

But 90% ov my cardio is interval training, just can't give stats that people can relate to on that stuff. Went out and smashed some shuttle runs before to vent some frustration after watching the Warriors last night.

Focusing on getting conditioned for my big league debut next year. Want to be 7-8% bodyfat at around 105kgs. And be the strongest/fastest/fittest/toughest mutha on the field :x (injuries allowing)

Tom Shines

First Grade
75 to 90 is a crazy gain for 2 months. It took me 2 and a half years to go from 70kg to 94kg

As I said, not all of it is muscle, but I've made decent gains in chest/arms/thighs. And besides, I was crazily underweight all my life (I'm 6'3"), so its nice to start to fill out shirts properly.

The hardest part is getting sufficient calories... I would be lost without $1.95 McDouble burgers....

Cliffhanger

Coach
You're always going to gain some fat when bulking up, still quite an achievement.

My best bench stat was 67.5 kg before I gave up heavy weights, I was 60kg at the time and had only been doing heavy weight bench press for a month so I was pretty stoked with it.

Yesterday I set a new personal best for push ups until failure, did 88 in a row, really stoked with that.

Currently I run 5ks in less than 20 minutes, and 10 ks in just under 45. My goal is to do the city to surf in under 50 mins next year, a bit of a way to go at the moment though.

My main focus is of course climbing, my long term goal at the moment is to tick a grade 26 trad climb in the Grampians called Archimedes Principle, I'm currently climbing around 22/23 indoors and 21 marks outdoors when I lead, trad is a step above lead climbing so I've got my work cut out.

aqua_duck

Coach
As I said, not all of it is muscle, but I've made decent gains in chest/arms/thighs. And besides, I was crazily underweight all my life (I'm 6'3"), so its nice to start to fill out shirts properly.

The hardest part is getting sufficient calories... I would be lost without $1.95 McDouble burgers....

:lol::lol::lol:
I was smashing lots of oats, peanut butter and wholemeal Lebanese bread during bulking phases. Use to combine 140g oats, 2 table spoons peanut butter, soy milk and 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder as my breakfast smoothie, was cheap, easy, fast and provided me with about 700 good calories. Lebanese bread was like my snack, use to just tear it into small pieces and have it with some sort of dip, I could eat 2 pieces without even noticing much and all up with dip it'd equal about 500 calories

Chook Norris

First Grade
Bench: 160kg - outdated, probably higher
Deadlift: 320kg (belt) - outdated, probably higher

But 90% ov my cardio is interval training, just can't give stats that people can relate to on that stuff. Went out and smashed some shuttle runs before to vent some frustration after watching the Warriors last night.

Focusing on getting conditioned for my big league debut next year. Want to be 7-8% bodyfat at around 105kgs. And be the strongest/fastest/fittest/toughest mutha on the field (injuries allowing)

fuarkkk bloody impressive stats mate

my stats so far at about 6 months of lifting since March 2011

Bench: 80kgs
Deadlift: 130kgs
Squat: 150kgs

Have put on about 11-12kgs during that time at 5"7/170cm -> now 73kgs

ofc nothing impressive, but my bench has doubled from 40kgs, deadlift has doubled, and my squat has increased by 2.5 times since the first time when i struggled to squat 60kgs for reps :lol:

Last edited:

Tom Shines

First Grade
You're always going to gain some fat when bulking up, still quite an achievement.

My best bench stat was 67.5 kg before I gave up heavy weights, I was 60kg at the time and had only been doing heavy weight bench press for a month so I was pretty stoked with it.

Yesterday I set a new personal best for push ups until failure, did 88 in a row, really stoked with that.

Currently I run 5ks in less than 20 minutes, and 10 ks in just under 45. My goal is to do the city to surf in under 50 mins next year, a bit of a way to go at the moment though.

My main focus is of course climbing, my long term goal at the moment is to tick a grade 26 trad climb in the Grampians called Archimedes Principle, I'm currently climbing around 22/23 indoors and 21 marks outdoors when I lead, trad is a step above lead climbing so I've got my work cut out.

f**k off. They're some pretty impressive figures [sexism] for a woman. [/sexism]

Although I guess all that LOLing @ 50uff$ is fantastic cardio...

Cliffhanger

Coach
Haha thanks and I don't think it's sexist, guys are naturally stronger.

I'm pretty dedicated to my training, and it pays off, I think I'm a mesomorph though and that helps. I'm very addicted to my training though and sometimes it causes me problems.

Danish

Referee
Weighed in at under 80kg for the first time in about 7 years today. Equates to a 17kg loss this year, and a 22kg loss in the last 12 months.

Got a half marathon next Sunday then it's time to hit the weights and start adding some muscle to the picture.

For those that know more about this than me, I am still looking to lose another 5kg or so of fat, so should I focus on that BEFORE trying to increase muscle or can I still lose fat at the same time as trying to bulk up?

aqua_duck

Coach
Weighed in at under 80kg for the first time in about 7 years today. Equates to a 17kg loss this year, and a 22kg loss in the last 12 months.

Got a half marathon next Sunday then it's time to hit the weights and start adding some muscle to the picture.

For those that know more about this than me, I am still looking to lose another 5kg or so of fat, so should I focus on that BEFORE trying to increase muscle or can I still lose fat at the same time as trying to bulk up?

If you're aggressively trying to bulk up than it's going to be very hard to lose fat during this period, it'd probably just start hitting the weights straight after the marathon and try to shred at the end of your bulking cycle. When I was bulking I'd be eating every 2-3 hours religiously, I'd bring cans of tuna to work to eat between lunch and hometime, all up I was doing about 3500 calories a day over 6-7 meals. When lifting I focused mainly on big compound exercises.

RHCP

Bench
I decided I wanted to pull a 120kg deadlift before my seventeeth birthday about a month ago, hit 160kg the week after. :D Hoping to get 200 before the year is out.

Although after seeing TEP's 320 I'm a bit less stoked...wow!

I don't have a scale at home so it's hard to get an accurate gauge on my weight since I can't do it as soon as I wake up but I've gained about 3-4 kg since football season ended 5 or so weeks ago (82 to 85-86). Chugging down lots and lots of milk helps to keep the calories up.

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach

Wow amazing achievement.

I decided I wanted to pull a 120kg deadlift before my seventeeth birthday about a month ago, hit 160kg the week after. :D Hoping to get 200 before the year is out.

Although after seeing TEP's 320 I'm a bit less stoked...wow!

I don't have a scale at home so it's hard to get an accurate gauge on my weight since I can't do it as soon as I wake up but I've gained about 3-4 kg since football season ended 5 or so weeks ago (82 to 85-86). Chugging down lots and lots of milk helps to keep the calories up.

Keep it up mate, that was around the level I was at when I was your age. Think I did 220 whilst being 17, but I weighed about 95kg. Amazing what 3-4 years ov consistent training can do for ya ;-)

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Bench: 160kg - outdated, probably higher :D
Deadlift: 320kg (belt) - outdated, probably higher :D:D

Focusing on getting conditioned for my big league debut next year. Want to be 7-8% bodyfat at around 105kgs. And be the strongest/fastest/fittest/toughest mutha on the field :x (injuries allowing)

You should compete. You're as strong as many who have Australian Powerlifting records in the Junior Men's class.

You should compete. You're as strong as many who have Australian Powerlifting records in the Junior Men's class.

I competed as a sub-junior and held some records (NZ) before they were wiped. Took some time off competing with the plan to get as strong as possible for 2012/2013 junior worlds. Got heaps stronger but no real desire to get back into equipment and compete anymore. Especially when I'd have to pay my own way to worlds, which is dumb considering I'd be NZ's best ever junior lifter and still get no subsidies because it's such a minor sport (no arrogance, just stating facts).

I figure I'd rather chance my arm at some footy. More enjoyable for me and an opportunity to earn a living doing what I love (training) while having a pretty relaxing lifestyle for a while.

Hooch

Juniors
9 months post 2 level lumbar spinal fusion and disc replacement.

Can do some jogging, swimming, push ups and the like along with core work and rehab. Manged to come out of it all with some wild rhs scapula dysfunction which is causing merry hell atm.

The next goals are to continue to progress and stabilise everything get back to more body weight work. Don't think heavy deads or squats are on the radar for me. Might even have a crack at touch. Didn't think this shit would hit me in my 20's but there ya go.

But it's all gravy. Not being in debilitating pain and never able to work again: priceless...