What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Brown Appreciation Thread

Fordy20

Juniors
I just want to say thank you to Mitch Brown.

Mitch, I think you're a wonderful player. In the limited time you've played in the side, you've played significantly better than other players who have been favoured with better support and more first grade chances, namely Utai, Ryan and Moltzen.

I hope that your willingness to take on the utility role this year is rewarded with being given a decent crack at making the #1 jersey your own next year. If not, I hope another club will see what I see and offer you a spot in their first grade's run on side.

Respect,

Fordy20.

Vic Mackey

Referee
i dont care if moltzen had a somewhat decent end to the season, if brown was our fullback from round 1 i would have been a lot more confident all season. love him as a player and really hope he gets first crack at 1 in 2012 for us.

jasonl

Juniors
Vastly underrated. Superb under the high ball. Versatile. Would run on in just about any other club. Best years are ahead.

No idea why Sheens doesn't rate him (maybe Bubbles knows?)

Doesn't make a lot of mistakes at all really. With some of the erratic players we carry, it's good to have someone as safe as Mitch in the side. Hope he gets the #1 jersey next year.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I agree, he's a very good player and should have more time in first grade. Should have been first choice fullback in 2011.

super_coach

First Grade
Although under contract in 2012, still a chance the club will grant him a release to peruse a better offer that is on the table else where. Madness, but Iam hearing its a chance, would love to know what he did to get offside with the brains trust

N.C.

Juniors
I've enjoyed the love-in, but seriously... Brown has played some cracking games but he's got a few lapses of concentration in him as well. I'd love to see him given a genuine shot at fullback next year, but I think he's got to do a fair bit of work in the off season.

dumpy

Juniors
Mitch Brown (not a world beater) should have been given more chances - other were perserved with especially Timid Moltzen. Brown was continually overlooked even putting Utai in centres (another top decision by coach Sheens) and then only playing 5 minutes. This must have made Brown feel wanted watching overrated, fumbling and heart lacking imposters attempt to play football.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The way Mitch Brown has been utilised this year is further evidence as to why Shines has no idea....

The jury found Shines guilty of gross incompetence about 4 years ago, however when his sentence was reviewed this year they decided to give him another 3 year contract...

Roll on 2015...

I'd say that Geoff Daniela has done the right thing for himself and parted ways with the Tigers and returning to the Panthers.

Good luck and thanks for your efforts Geoff.

Mitch, that's one less guy for you to worry about :)

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...d=45697&mitch-brown-searches-for-quality-role

Article on the WT website,
I for one am at a loss to understand his lack of starting game time since he came to the club.??
Wasn't a fan at first, saw his first couple of games for the Tigers & not at all impressed as he looked out of his depth in NRL. BUT I have since changed my opinion of him, he certainly at least deserves a decent crack in the starting side as I believe we are still to the best from him. Big & strong, (although could do with an extra yard of pace, like most of our backs) reliable under the high ball (unlike some others in our starting side), just a rock solid performer IMO....

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am a fan of Brown's as well. Whether he is in the starting side or bench he will give his best. Sure, there is a mistake ot two in him but what he does do is give 100% when contesting the high ball. I was critical of Utai and Lote in another post as I felt Brown should have been in the side during the semi finals. I feel Lote had lost all form returning from injury and one can only wonder whether Brown would have caught the bomb Inu scored of...history now I guess.

If Brown is working hard I hope Sheens does reward him with good game time next year. Fullback is where he wants and I am happy for him to get a crack.

Just leaves me wondering who is the bench back.....

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I am a fan of Brown's as well. Whether he is in the starting side or bench he will give his best. Sure, there is a mistake ot two in him but what he does do is give 100% when contesting the high ball. I was critical of Utai and Lote in another post as I felt Brown should have been in the side during the semi finals. I feel Lote had lost all form returning from injury and one can only wonder whether Brown would have caught the bomb Inu scored of...history now I guess.

If Brown is working hard I hope Sheens does reward him with good game time next year. Fullback is where he wants and I am happy for him to get a crack.

Just leaves me wondering who is the bench back.....

Reddy as the bench back (if fit?), or Humble?...Why leave a quality player like Brown on the bench to get maybe 5 minutes game time at the end?

Latest posts