What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great SL game last night

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
You'll never be happy will you.

I respect the grind and love to see a tight match - but seeing players just rip through the line from nothing is a highlight of the game.

sting

Bench
I'm happy when I see good footy played with minimal influence from referees and minimal controversy. I also like my commentators to call the game as it is and not show bias or constantly blow their load over whoever the media darling of the moment is.

Seriously, Marshall could get tackled and play the ball properly and they'd be marvelling over the precision in which he pushed the ball backwards with his foot in a way no other player has before.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Look, I'm not disagreeing with many of your points, but refs have made mistakes from day dot. These days the only difference is that the mistakes are blown up and highlighted for the world to see. There will always be controversy and 50/50 calls or lucky/unlucky breaks and plain wrong calls.

Last year the Tigers got what I consider the rough end of the pineapple in week 1 - but after a couple of pretty unimpressed days I'd moved on. It happened, the ref was wrong but it was done and dusted.

As for rubbish commentary, do what so many of us do - mute the audio of the commentators. I look forward to FTA broadcasters offering the same service as some pay tv companies in 'crowd only' sound.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
The Warrington v Leeds game that has just finished was the best I have seen this year, watch it if you get chance.

innsaneink

Referee
Bugger, we get the other one

Super League

St Helens v Wigan Warriors

• 12.09am - 2.10am
  • Nine
  • Monday
ALT. TIMES

ajax-loader.gif

Wide World of Sports presents St Helens versus Wigan Warriors

Iafeta

Referee
So it's full of knock ons that become tries, forward passes on the reg and the commentators are creaming themselves non stop for 80 minutes?

lol were there any ginga ningas that a skeletor look alike commentator was literally gagging to go down on during the commentary? If Gus doesn't force Ivan Cleary to sign Keef Galloway at all costs I'll be very surprised.

Latest posts