What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a new phone

supersoniceagle

Juniors
My contract is up and I'm looking to get a new phone. Was initially going to get the iPhone 4 but it seems ridiculous how much more expensive their plans are. I like the look of the Samsung Galaxy S2. Does anyone have one? Any other recommendations?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Galaxys are pretty good and Android gives you so many more options over a Mac

little_aza

Juniors
If you're interested in a shiny new iPhone 4S, wait until after October 4.

HTC's latest version of Sense for Android is amazing - this latest interpretation of Android very pretty...it's simply beautiful. A mate of mine got a new HTC Sensation - even as a loyal iPhone user, I was very jealous. The current HTC offerings are all outstanding.

I've heard nothing but positive things about the Samsung Galaxy SII. Another friend has one, and it appears to be quite a solid phone. From personal preference though, I just feel it offers nothing better than what HTC can offer.

Don't bother with anything other than these 3 brands...LG, BlackBerry Huawei and Sony Ericsson just cannot compete. And in terms of operating systems, RIM and Windows7 just aren't as flexible or intuitive - stick with iOS or Android.

hellteam

First Grade
The galaxy s2 looks good but its just too big for me. Nearly too big to use with one hand. I've got HTC desire s, its cheaper, you won't notice the difference in performance at all and its a perfect size

abpanther

Staff member
I'm getting new phone soon and thought I would simply get an iPhone, but I was in the shop today and the galaxy looks awesome, plus apparently it is faster and more megapixels. Being a noob can someone please explain to me the difference between android and Mac and what the pros and cons are?

wittyfan

Referee
Nokia 5110

They're the best! :lol:

250px-Nokia_5110.jpg

But the Nokia N8 is the greatest fo sho!

319px-Nokia_N8_%28front_view%29.jpg

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It's a phone. Who cares what it looks like.

But if you are talking toasters, then I would understand. Sunbeam makes some excellent looking ones that toast your bread nicely.

Scarves

Juniors
I have a Nokia N8. It is rubbish and I'm stuck with it for another year. Steer clear. It isn't compatible with either mac or android. The apps are generally low. The touch screen panics all the time. My friend also has one and she has similar if not more issues. Oh but it does have a good gps system that talks to you... buy a tom tom.

Noa

First Grade
The whole I had in my life was filled when I got my Nexus S 4 months ago.

abpanther

Staff member
So apple announced the iPhone 4S today, improvements include dual processor and 8 megapixel camera. I'm thinking I'm still gonna go with the Galaxy.

Can I ask I've been told that with the Android apps you have to pay for more of them that with the iPhone, anyone found that?