What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone give Gallop a copy of the coverage of the AFL Grand Final...

Nevcost

Juniors
Meatloaf sounded like a cross between William Shatner and thoses guys from South Park lol

Knownothing

Juniors
with all due respect, they sold the stadium out again, the added coverage and media attention... lets get real here, the AFL made out like f**king bandits on that thing... and perhaps that is how its done

They could have sold the stadium out twice over. Geelong and Collingwood between them have 100,000 members.

Scalpers have an absolute field day at the grand final.

Not bad for a so-called crappy game.

Loudstrat

Coach
knownothing is an appropriate name for you troll. They didnt even sell out the MGC yesterday you stupid dribbler
with no Melbourne or brissy team in it's going to be difficult to outrate them
With no cheaters, it will be guaranteed to outrate them. There are plenty if Kiwis in all Aussie cities. Besides, it's a better game, which constantly outrates that southern garbage on TV every other week.

taipan

Referee
I did not spot one seagull in the Shire yesterday arvo.All chasing hot chips at the G.

StormCats

Juniors
With no cheaters said:
My point was without the Storm in particular, you are going to lose approx 400-500k in Melbourne. In the past that has got us across the line. However l'll stand to be corrected.

Well done Manly.

Frailty

First Grade
Channel Nine should also lose the bloody rights.

I know I live in Melbourne, but I would like to see the post match presentation you f**kwits.

Would have been nice to see the NSW and Toyota Cup grand finals - but I guess I'm asking for a lot when 9 put 'Wildfire' and the thrilling Stalone-Caine movie 'Escape to Victory'.

Mong

Post Whore
At least Sydney viewers get the news.

Brisbane viewers get an episode of Motorway Patrol between the Toyota Cup and the NRL matches... and have every year since it moved back to the twilight slot, which is absolutely disgraceful for Grand Final Coverage.

^^ This

How f*cking stupid

All the lead up hype and they were great games to watch and then a random 30 minutes of some rubbish.

I went out and watered the plants.. Ridiculous idea.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Being at the ground, I found that to be the best run GF day, positive, enjoyable entertainment. Great atmosphere, great curtain raisers, shat on AFL's GF day yesterday from a great height IMO.

Butters

Bench
Was there any pre-match entertainment apart from the 2 shithouse live performances?

Could have sworn it was a Telstra and Toyota showcase ffs.

ozjet1

NBN did that one year too.

Hell, Channel 9 could be showed copies of SBS' Champions League coverage, decent coverage, no ads during play and no gambling updates.

If Glenn Munsie is there at half-time he'll really piss me off.

I reckon they'll wheel him out for the odds during the NSW Cup and Toyota Cup GFs.

broadcasters of FIFA or UEFA competitions are held on a tight leash. they really have little room to do or promote anything which arent commercial partners of the governing bodies. you'll never see BS promotion of new Ashton Kutcher episodes of two-half-men etc. along the bottom of the screening during the coverage. as a supplier of product for tv in europe, football has little peer, and it has no real competitve rival within the sporting industry. whatever FIFA and UEFA tell them to do, they do.

Big Sam

First Grade
At least Meatloaf performed/butchered 4 songs. We only got one pathetic song out of Clarkson. How much did we pay her for that?

MsStorm

Bench
Channel Nine should also lose the bloody rights.

I know I live in Melbourne, but I would like to see the post match presentation you f**kwits.

Would have been nice to see the NSW and Toyota Cup grand finals - but I guess I'm asking for a lot when 9 put 'Wildfire' and the thrilling Stalone-Caine movie 'Escape to Victory'.

Totally agree. AFL fans don't get screwed with their coverage of the grand final like we do in Melbourne.

Loudstrat

Coach
Suck it up princess. You got so see as many games from the NRL as you did from the AFL.

And Knownothing, the MCG's capacity is 100018.

The real grand final was broadcast into over 100 countries. Heck, 2 countries were represented on the field. You got owned by the superior sport. Again. :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
At least Meatloaf performed/butchered 4 songs. We only got one pathetic song out of Clarkson. How much did we pay her for that?

Who cares. I song was better than 4. Then again, she's hotter than Meatloaf. Nicer tits. And almost as big.