What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RWC2011 Final: All Blacks vs France

shiznit

Coach
rugby-world-cup-2011-logo.jpg

France_Rugby_Logo.png
FRA_e.png

France: Maxime Medard; Vincent Clerc, Aurelien Rougerie, Maxime Mermoz, Alexis Palisson; Morgan Parra, Dimitri Yachvili; Imanol Harinordoquy, Julien Bonnaire, Thierry Dusautoir (capt); Lionel Nallet, Pascal Pape; Nicolas Mas, William Servat, Jean-Baptiste Poux. Replacements: Dimitri Szarzewski, Fabien Barcella, Julien Pierre, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Francois Trinh-Duc, Jean Marc Doussain, Damien Traille.

VS

all%20blacks.gif
NZL_e.png

New Zealand: Israel Dagg; Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Richard Kahui; Aaron Cruden, Piri Weepu; Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Jerome Kaino; Brad Thorn, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Replacements: Andrew Hore, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Adam Thomson, Andy Ellis, Stephen Donald, Sonny Bill Williams.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Geez what does one say.

Would love to be on Wales, cheering for an All Black choke, however, that would mean the French are World Champions, that does not sit right at all.

Go the All Blacks.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
C'mon AB's.

Hopefully by plenty as well. Like Mr A alluded to, the world cannot allow the French to be champions at anything.

shiznit

Coach
I dont get the french hate....

sure im going for the Ab's... but if they weren't involved the french would be my 2nd pick.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Every been to France?

The French should be world champions in one thing only, being cowards.

I dont get the french hate....

sure im going for the Ab's... but if they weren't involved the french would be my 2nd pick.
Mate - they're muppets! They don't play good rugby and shouldn't have made it to the final. It's going to be bad enough hearing how they think they're the 2nd best team in the world and that they deserved to make the final. On top of that, they're French and they are located in the northern hemisphere!

ozbash

Referee
Danger game, hope the AB's didnt play their final v Aussie.

We should win but the frogs are cunning buggers..

shiznit

Coach
Mate - they're muppets! They don't play good rugby and shouldn't have made it to the final. It's going to be bad enough hearing how they think they're the 2nd best team in the world and that they deserved to make the final. On top of that, they're French and they are located in the northern hemisphere!
The french style of football is actually far more exciting than anything AUS/NZ can muster.

its just THIS team is playing a conservative style of football.

They are capable of playing the most beautiful rugby in the world... 20mins of true french flair can destroy ANYONE.

thats what i fear the most this weekend... we need to get away early... to keep us safe from any possible french fury.

The french style of football is actually far more exciting than anything AUS/NZ can muster.

They are capable of playing the most beautiful rugby in the world... 20mins of true french flair can destroy ANYONE.

thats what i fear the most this weekend... we need to get away early... to keep us safe from any possible french fury.
Whilst you make a fair enough point in that the French can destroy anyone in 20 minutes, I don't think the AB's have much to worry about. The French played their final against England. The AB's are awesome from 1 to 22. The AB's are the best team in the world and deserve to be RWC winners which would be the proverbial icing on the cake. If the AB's lose it will be because they lost it (not because the frogs won it). Israel Dagg for man of the match!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
to be fair they did knock the poms out, that was cool.

It will take one hell of a choke, wont happen, NZ will be World Champs and will deserve it.

Just lol @te kara.

Give it to RSA, Cant win without Carter, etc, etc.

Te Kaha

First Grade
to be fair they did knock the poms out, that was cool.

It will take one hell of a choke, wont happen, NZ will be World Champs and will deserve it.

Just lol @te kara.

Give it to RSA, Cant win without Carter, etc, etc.

You dont get sarcasm very well do you...

Thomas

First Grade

Not only that, the AB's need to keep getting points (or attempting to). If you try and close out a game it may just play into their hands.

If the AB's have a 15 point lead with 15 to go there would be some very nervous people. The French, when they want to, can destroy any team. I don't think this French team can though.

AB's by 20.

aussies1st

Staff member
The French hate would be more due to them losing 2 pool games and Warburtongate. Still can't have the ABs winning so France it is.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
After what they did in 1999, which I still haven't forgiven (worst day of school in my life!) I'd never support them. Heaven forbid if Australia had won yesterday I'd definitely have been picking Australia ahead of France.

I'll never support the Northern Hemp teams I have a dislike for their style of play for years, and one of the reasons I believe those teams improved is because they've had influence from past and former players from NZ and Aust who are the best at bringing a free-flowing style game and making rugby what it is.

GO ABs!!!!

shiznit

Coach
After what they did in 1999, which I still haven't forgiven (worst day of school in my life!) I'd never support them. Heaven forbid if Australia had won yesterday I'd definitely have been picking Australia ahead of France.

I'll never support the Northern Hemp teams I have a dislike for their style of play for years, and one of the reasons I believe those teams improved is because they've had influence from past and former players from NZ and Aust who are the best at bringing a free-flowing style game and making rugby what it is.

GO ABs!!!!
what the french did in 1999 is part of what makes french rugby what it is... utterly poor and magnificently divine in the same game.

all NZ fans treat the French with the highest respect...

the try from the end of the world... right on the final buzzer..... the last team to beat the All Blacks on Eden Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwTi-UeQ7s

Cedric Heymans against the All Blacks... the last team to beat the All Blacks at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZScVM8Ta-0&feature=related

shiznit

Coach
How do you go from this at the start of the World Cup...

5813139.jpg

To this...

350x.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts