What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which RL player played against the MOST clubs?

I am having a debate and can't find all the info.

I am saying Andrew Ettingshausen and Darren Lockyer played the most teams in RL comps from 1983-2000 and 1995-2011.

ET Played:
  1. Souths
  2. Norths
  3. Easts
  4. Wests
  5. Balmain
  6. Newtown
  7. Canterbury
  8. St George
  9. Manly
  10. Parramatta
  11. Penrith
  12. Canberra
  13. Illawarra
  14. Newcastle
  15. Brisbane
  16. Gold Coast Giants/Seagulls/Chargers
  17. Western Reds
  18. Auckland Warriors
  19. Sth Qld Crushers
  20. Nth Qld Cowboys
  21. Hunter Mariners
  22. Adelaide Rams
  23. Melbourne Storm
  24. St George Illawarra
  25. Northern Eagles
  26. Wests Tigers

ET didn't play Gold Coast Titans as he retired end of 2000. I know ET was injured a lot in 2000 also, so maybe didn't play the Northern Eagles or Wests Tigers.

I can't think of anyone who played the old NSWRL, then ARL/SL era and in to the NRL era that would have played all these clubs other than Darren Lockyer, who may tie if you remove Newtown and Brisbane and include Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla.

Anyone able to confirm?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
put this in the NRL section, some very learned people there who seem to have far too much time to look into these things

gUt

Coach
Ruben Wiki might be another one, he had the added advantage of changing clubs.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Rugby league project website has Lockyer, Wiki and Ettingshausen as having played against 26 Australian club sides. Menzies vs 24.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Steve Menzies will have played against every Australian side that Manly faced from 1993 onwards, all 14 current Super League clubs, two English lower division sides in the Challenge Cup, Queensland, England/GB, NZ, and any other international teams that he may have faced while playing for Australia.

billy2

Juniors
Menzies never played against Manly.

If by clubs we are counting country teams, the Cleal brothers would go close to breaking records. They both spent years in country football moving from group to group before playing in the bigtime, and also got to go on long Kangaroo tours where they played agaisnt many sides.
Noel played for 2 NRL clubs and 2 ESL clubs, so he got a run against everyone in his 230 odd top grade games, and also played SOO and WC games.
Wouldn't surprize me if the both lined up against over 100 sides.

Last edited:
This is getting interesting.

I was kinda only gunning for NSWRL/ARL-SL/NRL clubs...

But while we're at it...hell...would be interesting to see who has played the most clubs overall. Surely Menzies is up there as posted earlier.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This is getting interesting.

I was kinda only gunning for NSWRL/ARL-SL/NRL clubs...

But while we're at it...hell...would be interesting to see who has played the most clubs overall. Surely Menzies is up there as posted earlier.
ET played a season in England too.