What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nighty and Boyd

During the ABC radio commentary of yesterday's league test between Australia and New Zealand, the commentator (David Morrow I think) made mention of a rumoured fist fight between Janson Nightingale and Darius Boyd at training during the year.

I hadn't heard anything about this (I live in Queensland, so if it doesn't involve the Broncos then it doesn't exist) and was hoping someone could fill me on on what was supposed to have happend and if there were any later ramifications.

Cheers

grouch

First Grade
Just another rubbish rumour that we seem to attract. Discredited by Florence himself...

"I heard it floating around last week and we thought we'd quashed it because there's absolutely no truth to it," Nightingale said.
"Darius has never had a run-in with anyone in our team. It was a bit of a personal attack and a dog shot I think to bring that up when there was no truth behind it. I'd like to know where it actually came from because whether they think they heard something or what, I'm not sure. It's weird for something like that to be created out of nothing."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mate-darius-boyd/story-e6frexnr-1226123541630

God-King Dean

Immortal
My sisters cousins sisters cousins brothers mothers sons grandmothers uncles boyfriends girlfriends dentists nephews neices cousins pet frogs children father said this was true.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My sisters cousins sisters cousins brothers mothers sons grandmothers uncles boyfriends girlfriends dentists nephews neices cousins pet frogs children father said this was true.
Have you got clearance to post that dribble from bring back choc?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
During the ABC radio commentary of yesterday's league test between Australia and New Zealand, the commentator (David Morrow I think) made mention of a rumoured fist fight between Janson Nightingale and Darius Boyd at training during the year.

I hadn't heard anything about this (I live in Queensland, so if it doesn't involve the Broncos then it doesn't exist) and was hoping someone could fill me on on what was supposed to have happend and if there were any later ramifications.

Cheers
There 's a thread about here SC (from last August). http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=389910

Looks like Weidler started the rumour, which has since been totally discredited.

A bit disappointed if David Morrow is still giving it air.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I am going to go against the grain here and say that it is quite possible the two had words. Maybe?? Maybe not but possible... One thing I am certain of though, is that when you put a squad of 25 players together you are going to have personality clashes. It is human nature. Young testosterone driven men in a large group is bound to present the odd challenge. Further, Nightingale discrediting the story is hardly a surprise. What would you expect him to say? "Yeah I hate Darius, we went toe to toe, he got a couple of punches in, I got a few in..."

Now don't get me wrong, Weidler is a poor excuse for a journalist and the story may very well be fabricated, but I don't think it is concrete that nothing went on. I remember watching sports tonight and there was footage of Manly at training and Glenn Stewart tackled Matai with a little too much vigour and Matai got up swinging. My only point is that this idea of one big happy family where everyone gets along all the time is as much of a myth as some of the material in the gossip columns.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Of course differences happen. A team is no different to what can happen in the workplace. Families argue sometimes... fact of life.

So why bother trying to turn it into news? Even if they were overhead having a disgareement over something trivial, so what?

It shouldn't have been 'news' in the first place. Nightingale said it was a bullshit story, that's where it should end.

Breathingfire

Juniors
\

It shouldn't have been 'news' in the first place.

Thats why I think Weidler is a f**kwit. Spends all day digging for nonsense.
Todd Carney was seen eating at a cafe with Michael Clarke...So f**king what???

Last edited:

cliffordg

Juniors
Thats why I think Weidler is a f**kwit. Spends all day digging for nonsense.
Todd Carney was seen eating at a cafe with Michael Clarke...So f**king what???

well guess he got what he wanted as we all still talk bout the storys. thatss what journos do and get paid for they dont care as long as the money comin in there pockets

Biglance

Bench
I can say the rumour was no rumour about an altercation, it was true and involved other players too. Boyd was a cancer with his attitude.