What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RWC2011 Final: All Blacks vs France

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I was actually going for the kiwis in the league world cup (bet on them at the start of the tournament and hate half the kangaroo side).... But I could still acknowledge it got handed to them with a few dodgy forward pass calls. They were the better side on the night though so I was happy they won (plus my winnings didn't hurt :lol:)

:lol::lol::crazy::crazy:You obviously have trouble distinguishing between the 2008 WC final and the 2010 Four Nations final. At least get the right game if you're going to have a whinge.

IanG

Coach
Never thought I'd see the day when New Zealand would be world champs in both rugby codes

Danish

Referee
:lol::lol::crazy::crazy:You obviously have trouble distinguishing between the 2008 WC final and the 2010 Four Nations final. At least get the right game if you're going to have a whinge.

Sorry, only 1 dodgy forward pass call in that game.... marshall getting is "stripped" in the first half, remember?

As I said though I was on the kiwis side that game (go back to the matchday threads for that game for proof if you want). Tonight however the All Blacks got away with blue murder and outright cheating all game, including a despicable knee that would have seen many a player sent off.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I don't really care about the All Blacks game and didn't see enough of it to comment on it, but trying to say we got lucky thanks tot he ref in the League World Cup final ain't right. I don't get the problem with the Marshall strip, it happens all the time in the NRL, ball raked out doesn't constitute a knock on.

Danish

Referee
It was clearly a loose carry, and the defender was never going for the ball. Ball coming loose in the tackle is always ruled a knock on.... unless a try is scored.

Then there was the penalty try ruling. Was correct IMO however you don't often see them given.

As I said though kiwis were the better side that day and deserved the win in the league world cup.

Tonight though they got outplayed most of the game, and if officiated fairly would have lost comfortably, likely a man down for much of the game.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Ball was definitely raked out imo but int he end it didn't really matter, won by more than a try anyway.

All I know is you won't be hearing much about the ref over here, if they had lost I'm sure he would have absolutely copped it.

shiznit

Coach
298692_10150345362091915_56918111914_8269729_447795131_n.jpg

Big Pete

Referee
The Rugby League World Cup Final was one of those games where nothing went the Australians way. That rake call was one of the most adventurous decisions I've seen given and there were a few others I recall that night being a little 'off' but I couldn't specifically cite them as the game got to me THAT much. In the end, the Kiwis definitely deserved that victory, Australia had their chances and blew them (Lockyer in particular).

Union World Cup, eh, good on them. If they had of lost you know everyone would be on here bagging them so they deserve to gloat.

kiwiaus

Juniors
Congratulations to Richie McCaw and the All Blacks, you all gave NZ something to celebrate in a year that has bought nothing but heartache.
For the people of Christchurch and the families of the Pike River miners, there is something to smile about.

Iafeta

Referee
Congratulations to Richie McCaw and the All Blacks, you all gave NZ something to celebrate in a year that has bought nothing but heartache.
For the people of Christchurch and the families of the Pike River miners, there is something to smile about.

As a Coaster, it was great to hear the dedications to the Pike River boys... A little bit of happiness for a place that has really suffered.

Latest posts