What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Roberts

MrT

Juniors
You got Mortz and KK the wrong way around.

In all honesty I think KK does have game but he is very stupid at the moment but that may change with experience. His kicking game is OK, his long passing game is non-existent but his short passing game and running game is his best asset but unfortunately he is inconstant also he is a good support player.

I still think Roberts in 10 times the player Mortz is but both will struggle without a halfback, Roberts passing and kicking game is far superior and his running game is probably more effective because he breaks tackles with his strength as well but he isn't as nippy. His supports play isn't anywhere near as good but that what fullbacks are for.

Is Roberts takes a backseat to Sandow he will probably flourish because he will have guys like Tonga, Hayne and Matuia to play to. I think Robert will be due for a big season with him and sandow being among the best players for out team next year.

KK is a faster version of Morts

caylo

Bench
KK is a faster version of Morts

not a bad analogy but I think KK has much better vision then Mortz, It more like KK is a version of Mortz + a running game. KK biggest problem is he is selfish, if he worked on playing before the line more and used running game more selectively he would be more effective. Both though are useless organizers and would struggle without a genuine halfback because of glaring deficiencies in their passing and running games.

Eels Dude

Coach
KK has a running game but it's very predictable. He can run the ball no doubt but throwing dummys every time you run the ball doesn't work because the defence then know you're going to do it every time. He comes across as a bit of a one trick pony to me.

oldmancraigy

Coach
not a bad analogy but I think KK has much better vision then Mortz, It more like KK is a version of Mortz + a running game. KK biggest problem is he is selfish, if he worked on playing before the line more and used running game more selectively he would be more effective. Both though are useless organizers and would struggle without a genuine halfback because of glaring deficiencies in their passing and running games.

I reckon Mortz has better vision - but an inability to do something with what he sees.

KK needs to ask his trainer to leave the blinkers off! All he sees is the channel to run at - and off he goes. If he loses a yard of pace his career is over.

broncos2010

Juniors
this guy will flop , he is so over rated even when he did play for dogs this year they where crap.

He will spend more time in NSW cup again after all year.

MatthewA

Juniors
Will definitely be a flop, unfortunately.

He was one of my favourites and actually still is. I wish him the very best because he's a fantastic bloke with a lot of talent. But he just can't handle any sort of pressure what so ever. His decision making is poor, his kicking game is so inconsistent and he goes missing or crumbles when the going gets tough.

When things are going well I have no doubt he will shine. He's pretty fast, has a mean step, some great ball skills and a pretty nice passing game. But I can't see him doing anything much to be honest. You will be far better off with another 5/8th like Humble.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Will definitely be a flop, unfortunately.

He was one of my favourites and actually still is. I wish him the very best because he's a fantastic bloke with a lot of talent. But he just can't handle any sort of pressure what so ever. His decision making is poor, his kicking game is so inconsistent and he goes missing or crumbles when the going gets tough.

When things are going well I have no doubt he will shine. He's pretty fast, has a mean step, some great ball skills and a pretty nice passing game. But I can't see him doing anything much to be honest. You will be far better off with another 5/8th like Humble.

Things will be going good. So it's nice to know he will shine. It's very exciting times for the Eels.

bulldog

Bench
I think he'll go well, his last couple of years at the Dogs were pretty ordinary, but he wasn't flying solo there.

When he's on he can do anything, which unfortunately makes it sooo frustrating when he isn't. I think a lot of his bad games over the last couple of years were caused by him being down on confidence and trying too hard in a struggling team.

Best of luck to him.

boxhead

First Grade
People are too quick to believe that he won't be successful here. He'll be a good signing if he works up good combinations with Hayne/Sandow/Tonga, etc.

SDM

First Grade
My source told me that he will definitely be the best 5/8 we have ever had. ;-).

MatthewA

Juniors
The thing is, he was never able to nail any decent combination with anyone except his centre, Josh Morris. He put him away for many many breaks and tries. But he was never able to gel with any half back whether it was Brent Sherwin, Daniel Holdsworth or anyone else (don't blame him with the latter...) or fullback or hooker.

lingard

Coach
The tip is Sheens wants to switch Benji to fullback so he can use his running game better.

He's tried it in the past but his confidence suffered after dropping a few bombs.

Well that would be the obvious thing to do now that they`ve signed Tom Humble to play five-eight.

lingard

Coach
Can't wait to see Roberts in the 6 next year partnering Sandow and Hayne back at fullback where he belongs, awesome season coming up.

That`s exactly what I`m thinking. I don`t know enough about Roberts to have a definite opinion of him - but next year looks about ten thousand trillion and-a-half times better than this year was.