What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Haha that's interesting.

Haven't played much coz I've got assignments and exams. But when its over I shall be playing! As for the real NHL yeah some interesting games going on that's for sure

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well the real Oilers are showing my game might be right, great start they have had, and how good is the rookie going Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 11 games 11 points.

I am now 76 games in on NHL 12, for the blackhawks, in Be a Pro mode, level PRO.

I have 32 goals and 48 assists in my rookie season, most impressive is I lead the league in hits, broken the glass a few times, and loved putting HSedin into the Canucks bench one game. I also love when they do highlights package during the game - Hossa gets goal highlights - mine is always hits.

I have play mainly second line.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
MrAngryOne-Bolland-Kane

Although Coach swaps Kane and Hossa every now and then.

Both lines are deadly. When Hossa is on my line, just get him space and watch him score, when Kane is on my line, the goals are shared between us, slightly different approach, both effective.

I have not made the Power Play team, but am first choice penalty kill now. 94% effective.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Nice going Mr Angry.

Meanwhile in the NHL I'm not happy by Re Wings have now dropped their 6th straight game! :( Since their 7-0 loss to the Caps they've been really crap!!!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Wow,

St Louis Blues have fired their head coach Davis Payne and hired up Ken Hitchcock!

www.nhl.com

The St. Louis Blues have fired coach Davis Payne and replaced him with Ken Hitchcock, the team announced Sunday night.

St. Louis is currently 6-7-0, and sits in 13th place in the Western Conference with 12 points. The Blues had lost three of the past four games, including a 2-1 defeat Saturday night at Minnesota.

Hitchcock was still under contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets, who had to give permission to the Blues to hire him. He was in charge with the Blue Jackets for parts of four seasons until he was fired Feb. 3, 2010. He has a career record of 534-350-88-70 with the Blue Jackets, Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars. Blues general manager Doug Armstrong worked with Hitchcock in Dallas and with the Canadian national team.

He led the Stars to the Stanley Cup in 1999, and lost in the Final to New Jersey in 2000. Hitchcock helped the Blue Jackets reach the playoffs for the only time in the franchise’s history in 2009, but was fired the next season after the team started 23-27-9.

Hitchcock has won six division titles and coached in three NHL All-Star Games. He also was an assistant coach for Team Canada in both the 2002 and 2010 Winter Olympics, and won a gold medal each time.

Payne finished his tenure in St. Louis with a 67-55-15 record. He replaced Andy Murray, who was fired Jan. 2, 2010. He was originally named interim coach, but that tag was removed Apr. 14. Payne had previously coached the Blues’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Peoria Rivermen.

The Blues made the postseason 25 straight years from 1980-2004, but have qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs only once since. Murray was the coach when the team made it in 2009, but was fired after a 17-17-6 start to the 2009-10 campaign.

Pundits have considered St. Louis a potential breakthrough team each of the past two preseasons, but the Blues finished in 11th place in 2010-11 with 87 points. Armstrong made a franchise-changing trade in February, dealing No. 1 overall pick Eric Johnson to Colorado for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk, and then added veterans Jason Arnott and Jamie Langenbrunner in free agency this offseason.

A big problem for the Blues this season has been special teams play. St. Louis is last in the League at just 7.5 percent on the power play, and the Blues’ 73.8 percent on the penalty kill ranks 27th.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Detroit's now won its 2nd straight game :) today they defeated the Avs 5-2. Also the Blues after firing their previous head coach and bringing in Ken Hitchcock, have won today as well. They shut out the Hawks 3-0

Sood

Juniors
Yah, im sure there are scouts looking at him, as I said, hes one of the top 94's in that country, hes got a genuine shot. Might come down to how much an NHL team trusts its european scouts. I wish he was playing in the CHL. Maybe next year.

It might be good for the NHL in Australia if he gets picked though, get a little more exposure.

Watching the Red Wings Oilers game atm, Oilers cant get anything going.

Gotta say though 4 mins for instigator and not taking helmet with visor off is ridiculous when the NHL are concerned with concussions...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Sabres' Miller has concussion

www.nhl.com

The Buffalo Sabres might be without their No. 1 goaltender for a bit.

The team announced Miller suffered a concussion after being hit by Milan Lucic during the Sabres' 6-2 loss to the Boston Bruins at TD Garden on Saturday. Miller was removed from the game after the second period.

On Sunday, Sabres general manager Darcy Regier told The Buffalo News that he hopes Lucic is suspended for the hit.

"If this hit and other types of hits like this are not suspended, we are opening up the possibility of losing goaltenders to injury," Regier told the paper. "And not just injury, but concussion. ... When i look at the position of goaltending. in a lot of ways it's not unlike quarterback in football. I feel very strongly the protection has to be provided and players committing these types of action should be punished.

"The last thing we need to do in the NHL is to be losing our stars to concussions on plays like this."

Miller, who was highly critical of Lucic after the game, will be replaced in the lineup by Drew MacIntyre after the latter was recalled by AHL Rochester. MacIntyre will back up Jhonas Enroth on Monday night, when the Sabres visit Montreal.

In 11 appearances this season, Miller is 5-6-0 with a 2.86 goals-against average and .909 save percentage.

and yet today the Sabres won without him. Not bad. Just wonder if they can keep it up. Lets hope he won't be missing as much action as Sid has been since his one last January

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I finished my first season.

My Blackhawks won, with me helping, however I get the impression the game makers do not see Crawford as a Stanley Cup quality keeper. If I had simmed I would have lost.

Got rookie of the year.

The game seems to rate
Edmonton, Minnesota and San Jose in the West, usual suspect making the final, Detroit, Vancover

Buffalo, Carolina and Boston in the East, Boston came late.

They really rate Buffalo.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Not quite so lucky for my Red Wings as they went down 1-2 to the Blues and snapped their own 4-game winning streak

:-(

Hawks play tomorrow though