What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

Far Canal

Juniors
I've said it before and will say it again, this guy will not be a successful first grade coach.

Just look at what has happened to the Kiwi Inetrnational side - he had a pretty decent side and still could not beat the Poms.

Are people in here concerned about his coaching ability?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have held back, like to give a fella a chance.

Results do not look good.

But for mine it is more about how his teams plays.

They tend to look rudderless.

Time will tell, pretty sure Parra fans feel they have a good enough squad to be in the finals. I see them struggling. Which is a shame, I like parra.

spartan2153

Juniors
the kiwis were disapointing and again this camp did bennet & his record still stands of not doing a thing when bennet isn't helping at all in camp. In saying that he has a great team this year because the club finally had money to spend.

No excuses this year because this is the year he really has to show what he has.

Kornstar

Coach
We aren't allowed to question anything, only support!

As if you would have a discussion forum and be allowed to criticise anything :roll:

hindy111

Post Whore
Kearney give him this year.If we are not top 6 i will question him....
Last years side showed lots of ticker for the team on paper i think we did quite welll...
Personaly i think we will finish 3rd

Eels Dude

Coach
You can't really compare international footy to club level. Not a good look though. The Kiwis seem to have a good year one year bad the next. They've done well under Kearney to win a World Cup and a 4 Nations tournament but they struggle with consistency at international level. It's been a long season for the Kiwis too with the Warriors playing in the grand final plus they don't have the depth like the Aussies do to cope with injuries.

attamarrap

Juniors
backline injuries and benji marshall's terrible decision making and lack of running game cost them and they gave away far to many stupid penalties

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
backline injuries and benji marshall's terrible decision making and lack of running game cost them and they gave away far to many stupid penalties

They actually looked pretty ill-disciplined to me, which doesn't look good for the coach.

Thing is, Parra seemed very disciplined this year which kept us in games.

Maybe Kearney needs to shape his players over an extended period of time (e.g. through an off-season) which means he's not really suited to coaching rep teams. Bellamy seems to have decided the same thing about himself.

spartan2153

Juniors
You can't really compare international footy to club level. Not a good look though. The Kiwis seem to have a good year one year bad the next. They've done well under Kearney to win a World Cup and a 4 Nations tournament but they struggle with consistency at international level. It's been a long season for the Kiwis too with the Warriors playing in the grand final plus they don't have the depth like the Aussies do to cope with injuries.

One thing those winning years have had in common to the years they haven't been succesful is that wayne bennet has been involved in camp for the winning campaihns. How some people refuse to see a connection there is beyond me

hasman

Juniors
One thing those winning years have had in common to the years they haven't been succesful is that wayne bennet has been involved in camp for the winning campaihns. How some people refuse to see a connection there is beyond me

sorry but Wayne Bennet wasn't involed in last year and they won.How many coaches have been successful with NZ team in the Past. I'll say this to all the Non Believers when Parramatta eels start winning do not jump on the Band Wagon.

spartan2153

Juniors
sorry but Wayne Bennet wasn't involed in last year and they won.How many coaches have been successful with NZ team in the Past. I'll say this to all the Non Believers when Parramatta eels start winning do not jump on the Band Wagon.

Yes he was he addressed the team 3 days before the final

hybrideel

Bench
what are these bastard complaining about if coaching is just 3 mintes worth of speeches every week. Take out the bye and you have a maximum of 84 minutes worth of work to do for the $500K or s they get.
That is unless it wasn't only the speech from Bennett that got the kiwis over the line :-k

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I've said it before and will say it again, this guy will not be a successful first grade coach.

Just look at what has happened to the Kiwi Inetrnational side - he had a pretty decent side and still could not beat the Poms.

Are people in here concerned about his coaching ability?

I think you will find he gets quite a few wins in 2012. His win/loss ratio will certainly improve. Thi year he didn't have much to work with.
I reckon with the team we've got for 2012 even I would probably be able to coach them into the top 8. So Kearney is a guaranteed certainty. Even the bookies have us odds-on to do it.

Simon-Jay

Juniors
You are wrong hasman...

2008 World Cup - Bennett was involved . NZ won WC
2009 Four Nations in UK- Bennett not involved. NZ did not make final
2010 Four Nations in AUS/NZ - Bennett involved the week after NZ lost to AUS in Auckland (week leading into the final). NZ win Final.
2011 Four Nations in UK- Bennett not involved. NZ did not make final

Kearney will improve, but he will not get the results the fans expect in 2012. It may be about getting that extra 10% out of the players to get you over the line - that's what Bennett can do because of the aura he has built over MANY years of coaching.

Latest posts