What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So it's a bit of a rebuilding year.

Playing finals footy is hardly a rebuilding year. 2011 - this was a rebuilding year.

By the end of the season we'll think we're contenders but we won't be. We might even win a finals match or two. We'll just be 'a year away' from being a genuine premiership threat.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Playing finals footy is hardly a rebuilding year. 2011 - this was a rebuilding year.

By the end of the season we'll think we're contenders but we won't be. We might even win a finals match or two. We'll just be 'a year away' from being a genuine premiership threat.

Sounds a bit like a rebuilding year.

Jodeci

Bench
Mate, you can't reason with idiots.

Let's see what he does this year and then judge him.

Can u imagine if we were Manly and sack your grand final wining coach.

These forums would have erupted.

Who said I was reasoning for some idiots.

They are facts Jake.

NZ were completely out played by a more passionate England side.

People can say what they want about SK, if they bothered to watch the game they would of seen that England had the ball in the Kiwis half for long periods plus some real dumb penalties by the usual suspects didn't help their cause.

End of the day they are the World Cup Champs

cb4

First Grade
For those of us who closely watch the Superleague, it has improved dramatically.

They have a good mix of old and young and finally have the right 1, 7, 9.

Sam Tomkins has been a stand out.

Rangi Chase was the best half in the comp and won the man of steel award

James Roby, great no.9 who can easily play NRL.

Kiwis were totally out played, although they were missing Matai, Manu, junior Sa'u, Hoffman etc

Fui was a late withdrawal also

It's been a very long season for the majority of the kiwi squad.

Next weekend will be Kevin Sinfield Ryan Hall and Jamie Jones-Bucanan's 42nd game.

Been a long season for all nations.

Can u imagine if we were Manly and sack your grand final wining coach.

These forums would have erupted.

Who said I was reasoning for some idiots.

They are facts Jake.

NZ were completely out played by a more passionate England side.

People can say what they want about SK, if they bothered to watch the game they would of seen that England had the ball in the Kiwis half for long periods plus some real dumb penalties by the usual suspects didn't help their cause.

End of the day they are the World Cup Champs

Just don't waste your time with these idiots is what im trying to say.

In the end we all should judge kearney AFTER he's had a good go at the gig.

Parra

Referee
I
Do you think Kearney is complacent? Do you think he recruits complacent players? Do you think that he is breeding complacency?

I am not down on Kearney at all. I just can't cop the piss weak excuses and the constant arse-covering. Time will tell, nothing else.

Gronk

Staff member
Just don't waste your time with these idiots is what im trying to say.

In the end we all should judge kearney AFTER he's had a good go at the gig.

As much as I agree that SK needs more time before we judge. You and others who have habit of insulting posters who have a different opinion to yours is a low act.

How about you play the ball not the man, otherwise you look more like an idiot that the people you disagree with.

Gronk

Staff member
Eels coach Stephen Kearney will come under pressure to keep his job next year if the bookies are correct after the rookie NRL mentor was named favourite to be the first coach sacked next season. On the back of a disastrous debut season with Eels, Kearney faired no better on the international stage, with his Benji Marshall-led side suffering a humiliating defeat against England at the weekend after two heavy defeats by Australia. Leading bookmakers told The Inside Back Kearney is ahead of Roosters boss Brian Smith and Raiders mentor David Furner as the coach most likely not to see out 2012. ''We are surprised he received little criticism from experts last year given his record," one agency said. ''I'd say he would be top of the pile at around $3.'' Fortunately for Kearney and other coaches under pressure, the NRL recently banned such markets from being framed, betting agencies can only speculate on who might replace an outgoing coach.

As much as I agree that SK needs more time before we judge. You and others who have habit of insulting posters who have a different opinion to yours is a low act.

How about you play the ball not the man, otherwise you look more like an idiot that the people you disagree with.

I don't like playing with balls. What you do in your personal time is private. I don't think the forum needs to know this info.

IFR33K

Coach

No matter what the results are next year, even if we are coming last at some stage, I can't see SK getting the sack.

I don't think the board could afford to sack another coach mid year or even a year early. It would create unrest amongst players and fans and inevitably we will see another battle for administration.

Also, unlike DA, I think the board has no choice but to give full support to SK. They can't look like merkins 3 years in a row, can they?????

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
Next weekend will be Kevin Sinfield Ryan Hall and Jamie Jones-Bucanan's 42nd game.

Been a long season for all nations.

Please dont compare NRL standards to Superleague with regards to training, week to week combat, etc

Carnegie Cup, Superleague teams dont play until the 4th round

Eelsman18

Juniors
Honestly, I laugh at all of these suggestions that Kearney will be the first coach to get the sack, or that he won't lead the Eels anywhere.

I mean, he's formulated the side that he wants, the bulk of which was at the club last season - not to mention the fact that he has a set system in place, that sees the players playing with the perfect amount of attitude and desire to win games.

The players enjoy his tenure as coach at the moment, and the side that we have on paper, is simply too good to see Kearney as the first NRL coach sacked.

Gronk

Staff member
Honestly, I laugh at all of these suggestions that Kearney will be the first coach to get the sack, or that he won't lead the Eels anywhere.

I mean, he's formulated the side that he wants, the bulk of which was at the club last season - not to mention the fact that he has a set system in place, that sees the players playing with the perfect amount of attitude and desire to win games.

The players enjoy his tenure as coach at the moment, and the side that we have on paper, is simply too good to see Kearney as the first NRL coach sacked.

Agree. I would have thought that Brian Smith would be under more pressure than SK.

Eelsman18

Juniors
Agree. I would have thought that Brian Smith would be under more pressure than SK.

You certainly would imagine that Smith is under more pressure, yes.
It's never seen that way, though.

Even someone like David Furner will, and should be under more pressure, as well as John Cartwright.

Gronk

Staff member
You certainly would imagine that Smith is under more pressure, yes.
It's never seen that way, though.

Even someone like David Furner will, and should be under more pressure, as well as John Cartwright.

Cartwright re-signed this year for 5 years. :shock:

Latest posts