What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying PS3 Games Online

Utey

Coach
I just acquired a new PS3 console, and couldn't believe what EB was charging for games, purchased a few off OZGameshop & Play Asia and have been really disappointed by the service. It's been 8 business days and despite all these items being in stock, nothing has been shipped. Heaps of emails and only a few responses.

Where's the best spot to buy for most of you guys?

Are the sites I've usually usually much better and I've just had a bit of bad luck?

Ausguy

Coach
play asia for me... im happy to wait but i usually only buy games that are in stock but to save more than 50% im ok with it.

edabomb

First Grade
The onlys ones I have bought off are:
CDWow.com.au
dvd.co.uk

I like to buy from UK sites as their games work fine with our DLC. USA has a different PS3 store so DLC won't work with imported games from there - although the game itself will work fine.

sretsoor

Juniors
I ordered unchartered 3 off playasia and received it within about 10 days and I went the cheap postal option. In doing so I saved $40 from getting it at EB so I'm happy to wait. As for EB, they charge the most for their games and on the flip side they rip you off badly for trade-ins.

JBHiFi can be quite competetive for games. Otherwise I shop around and get from whoever has the cheapest.

adamkungl

Immortal
ozgameshop has always despatched my orders almost immediately/within 24 hrs.

I've received them anywhere between 1 week later and 2-3 weeks....still waiting on Mortal Kombat from nearly a month ago :\

azzah72

Bench
I find ozgamesshop the best by far but yes sometimes the delivery is weird.

for arguments sake i purchased Batman, Battlefield, uncharted & MW3 off them all at once.

I think Batman and BF3 were officially out, uncharted the following week & MW3 2 weeks after that.

I got all the dispatched emails in that order but BF3 came first, then MW3, then batman and still no UC3

weird.

i don't think it is completely in their control, must be something to do with the mail service, but otherwise I like them.

Frederick

Staff member
Aren't ozgameshop based in the UK? Maybe there's issues at customs with some games?

edabomb

First Grade
Oh and MightyApe.co.nz can be pretty good for Aussies too cos the dollar is so much stronger.

azzah72

Bench
ozgamesshop is free delivery, that why i don't concern myself if it get a bit delayed now and then, it's f**king free after all and the game is piss cheap

edabomb

First Grade
I don't find them particularly cheap. about the same as a big w or jb hifi

I'm only going by when I was last in Australia the games there seemed the same price as NZ - which would reduce by 20% because of exchange rate. Mighty Ape price matches for NZ customers though - I guess they probably wouldn't for international.

NZ economy needs your money! :lol: