What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Blues Origin Camp

girvie

Staff member
This is an interesting concept. And it would be great to get the full list of players.

Tucantango

Juniors
Besides the Penrith players named it is my understanding the following others were attandees (there were more invited including those on U/20 rookie camp);

1. Cheyne Whitelaw (Souths)
2. Danny Allande (Souths)
3. Leilani Latu (Canterbury)
4. David Klemmer (Canterbury)
5. Michael Morgan (Canterbury)
6. Tevita Pangai (Newcastle)
7. Luke Yates (Newcastle)
8. Frazer Masimasimu (Parra)
9. Jordie Hedeges (Parra)
10. Zach Clay (Parra)
11. Chad McGill (Parra)
12. Kelepi Tanginoa (Parra)
13. David Nofoaluma (Wests)
14. Alex Johnson (Souths)

All up there were 40 attendees. I do know that Jack Bird was invited howerever he is presently recovering from a knee reco!

Regards,
Tuc.

Last edited:

Tucantango

Juniors
No Addison Demetriou?

Doga,

I was told there were alot of notable omissions (and questionable additions)! For example I heard there was no Brad Deitz. Better still please tell me how Danny Allande can receive an invite while Brendan Cox (who was in the NSW U/16's) can't? And please dont get me wrong because Allande is a briliant player, I am just drawing attention to some of the anomalies.

With respect to Demetriou I did hear that after his send off at the SOS I against the U/16 QLD team pissed off those weilding power within NSWRL. But the kid is awesome!

Regards,
Tuc.

Doga

Juniors
Doga,

I was told there were alot of notable omissions (and questionable additions)! For example I heard there was no Brad Deitz. Better still please tell me how Danny Allande can receive an invite while Brendan Cox (who was in the NSW U/16's) can't? And please dont get me wrong because Allande is a briliant player, I am just drawing attention to some of the anomalies.

With respect to Demetriou I did hear that after his send off at the SOS I against the U/16 QLD team pissed off those weilding power within NSWRL. But the kid is awesome!

Regards,
Tuc.

Ahhh cheers mate. I would be interested to see who your "40 Man Baby Blues Origin" squad would be.

drago brelli

Bench
Besides the Penrith players named it is my understanding the following others were attandees (there were more invited including those on U/20 rookie camp);

1. Cheyne Whitelaw (Souths)
2. Danny Allande (Souths)
3. Leilani Latu (Canterbury)
4. David Klemmer (Canterbury)
5. Michael Morgan (Canterbury)
6. Tevita Pangai (Newcastle)
7. Luke Yates (Newcastle)
8. Frazer Masimasimu (Parra)
9. Jordie Hedeges (Parra)
10. Zach Clay (Parra)
11. Chad McGill (Parra)
12. Kelepi Tanginoa (Parra)
13. David Nofoaluma (Wests)
14. Alex Johnson (Souths)

All up there were 40 attendees. I do know that Jack Bird was invited howerever he is presently recovering from a knee reco!

Regards,
Tuc.
Thanks for the info on Jack Bird. Does his knee reco mean that he won't play any SG Ball matches in 2012.?

junior fan

Juniors
I was told that a few clubs lobbied for certain players outside those which had represented in NSW 16 and 18s with some success as a few were unavailable due to injury and other unavailabilities. Am told Tepai Moera from Parramatta didn't attend although invited as he was competing at Oz Athletics Championships. Believe he won gold in Shot putt, could be another Idris.

Tucantango

Juniors
I was told that a few clubs lobbied for certain players outside those which had represented in NSW 16 and 18s with some success as a few were unavailable due to injury and other unavailabilities. Am told Tepai Moera from Parramatta didn't attend although invited as he was competing at Oz Athletics Championships. Believe he won gold in Shot putt, could be another Idris.

JF,

How well do you know of Moeroa? If you know the lad's history well (and I am assuming you do) then I for one would be interested to know what he will be doing this year! For example, Moeroa has been playing both codes for some time now and I firmly believe his body is starting to break-down as a result of over commitment. I seen it for myself to be honest with you!

To that extent I know for a fact that the ARU have precluded him from their National Gold Squad ('NGS') because he is contracted to Parra, nonetheless he still attends Newington (who will definately want their pound of flesh from him this season) and now i hear you saying he is at the Aust Athletic Champs as well? Who the hell is taking charge of this kid? Way too much sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Tuc.

drago brelli

Bench
you are right about Newington wanting value for their investment. Newington would have this guy on a full scholarship. He is there to play rugby and hopefully win the GPS title. He would have been recruited from his local high school by Newington, probably on a violin scholarship. Newington like all the other GPS schools are cynical vicious bastards.

half_back

Juniors
JF,

How well do you know of Moeroa? If you know the lad's history well (and I am assuming you do) then I for one would be interested to know what he will be doing this year! For example, Moeroa has been playing both codes for some time now and I firmly believe his body is starting to break-down as a result of over commitment. I seen it for myself to be honest with you!

To that extent I know for a fact that the ARU have precluded him from their National Gold Squad ('NGS') because he is contracted to Parra, nonetheless he still attends Newington (who will definately want their pound of flesh from him this season) and now i hear you saying he is at the Aust Athletic Champs as well? Who the hell is taking charge of this kid? Way too much sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Tuc.

Used to be at his old school so still keep in touch with a few who know him well. Don't know much about his commitments for next year but I wouldn't imagine he would be too upset about missing the NGS as I know his heart lies in League. Know a few boys in Parra and am aware that he hasn't come back to training for ball yet and at this late stage assume he won't til new year. He has always been a gun at shot putt and discus even at Pats he was Oz champion.

aussiegirl

Juniors
you are right about Newington wanting value for their investment. Newington would have this guy on a full scholarship. He is there to play rugby and hopefully win the GPS title. He would have been recruited from his local high school by Newington, probably on a violin scholarship. Newington like all the other GPS schools are cynical vicious bastards.
from what i have heared parra payed for him to go to newington and payed him to come from st clair along with zac clay

drago brelli

Bench
Why is Parra paying good money for one of its best juniors to attend Newington where the school will want him to play rugby?

junior fan

Juniors
JF,

Regards,
Tuc.

Hey Tuc

Know the family well. Was some concern with the amount of footy he played this year, one reason he was held back from first 15 at school. Believe he won't be playing as much next year. Both the school and parra are conscious about how much he has played. with NGS he was picked in whatever it was called last year but showed up spasmodically and as such dropped out completely probably ensuring he wasn't chosen this year. He has for a long time done both athletics as well as footy with great success and there will no doubt come a time when a decision has to be made at this stage his family are very proud and supportive of both.

Latest posts