What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barkley to stay at USC

Raider_69

Post Whore
Barkley has announced he's staying in school, massive draft rammifications i think.

One less quality QB to get to teams. Rams will be laughing, by the time the draft hits, they'll get a kings randsom for their #2 pick and RGIII

Tom155

Coach
wow wasnt expecting this especially after kalil clearly his best o-linemen declared last week

kurt faulk

Coach

i don't think the rams will be laughing that hard. they have the #3 pick at the moment.

the vikings have the #2 pick if they don't win another game.

abpanther

Staff member
Good decision IMO, he was looking at being the 3rd QB drafted, he could be #1 next year

Raider_69

Post Whore

i don't think the rams will be laughing that hard. they have the #3 pick at the moment.

the vikings have the #2 pick if they don't win another game.

But the Vikings wont waste a second running up to grab Kalil imo
currently i think the colts and vikings are locks to stay where they are and take Luck and Kalil. I dont think the Vikings risk trading back because they will lose out on Kalil

right now the rams are the first side to pick that might want to trade back imo

sirious

Juniors
Barkley has announced he's staying in school, massive draft rammifications i think.

One less quality QB to get to teams. Rams will be laughing, by the time the draft hits, they'll get a kings randsom for their #2 pick and RGIII

LOL smashed!

kurt faulk

Coach
Can the Colts lose the top pick in the April draft if they wind up winning a second time and tie with Minnesota, St. Louis or both for the NFL's worst record?

ind.gif
The draft-order tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team that faced a weaker schedule based on the season’s results gets the higher pick.

Jason Vida of ESPN Stats and Info looked it over and gave me this:

The Colts still have the inside track based on worst strength of schedule, but it's close enough that the other two could catch them if enough of their past opponents lose and the Colts' past opponents win (especially since the Rams last two games are against 10-win teams).

So the Colts currently have one fewer win and have played the "easiest schedule."

Strength of Schedule of Games Already Played

Colts (1-13) -- .544 (106-89)

Rams (2-12) -- .564 (110-85)

Vikings (2-12) -- .587 (115-81)

But the Rams' strength of schedule is guaranteed to get harder over the last two weeks, decreasing their chances of "winning" any tiebreakers in the draft order.

Full Season Strength of Schedule

Colts (1-13) -- .538 (120-103)

Vikings (2-12) -- .567 (127-97)

Rams (2-12) -- .588 (130-91)