What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dutch aim for Super League in Ten Years

RedVee

First Grade
Back to the Dutch. Article in the paper saying how cricket has diminished since the TV deal finished. I'd suggest a TV presence and the grassroots work mentioned by the new Netherlands RL boss are needed before there is any chance of a sustainable club for any Pan European competition.

YANTO

Juniors

Ha Ha not really in the know but just know what the basis of Phils plans are through talking with the guy.I am now working away and have nothing to do with the Dutch RL but was asked for my opinion from some old mates on TRL.com

Super league... pie in the sky ...but a decent level semi pro side promoting the game in Holland playing in France or the UK and giving people a target to aim for is very possible.

BODISGOD

Bench
A Dutch team within the current Super League is far more viable within 20 years than Rugby League being in the Big 4 US Sports, let alone even having a functioning league there. Soccer struggled and arguably still does to hold down a league there, the US is a huge place and it's sports market is pretty saturated. Baby steps is the name of the game, loudly proclaiming pie in the sky ambitions.

bowes

Juniors
Ha Ha not really in the know but just know what the basis of Phils plans are through talking with the guy.I am now working away and have nothing to do with the Dutch RL but was asked for my opinion from some old mates on TRL.com

Super league... pie in the sky ...but a decent level semi pro side promoting the game in Holland playing in France or the UK and giving people a target to aim for is very possible.

A semi pro club isn't really an option playing in the UK. Even a club as established as Toulouse couldn't manage Championship and Championship 1 has far too low a salary cap and after the restructuring will be mostly expansion clubs who shouldn't be burdened with international trips at a critical part of their development.

Latest posts