What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fave bit of NFL merch

beave

Coach
There's a few nrl clubs that have NFL-esque logos,manly and the raiders come to mind but thats as far as the similarities go, the actual gear ends up looking pretty average. Even my cowboys have a pretty shithouse logo, the addition of the star and the text being more wild west looking were welcome changes but its still a very amatuer looking logo. I mean look at the f**king now defunct desperados logo in the arena football

2703403_orig.gif

FFS an arena football team has a better logo than us.

I'm thinking about getting it on the sly.................... but sshhhh, don't tell the missus!!! ;-)

you could do burnouts in your front driveway in the batmobile and it would be more sly than wearing that hoody.
that said..its a quality investment.

and yes. NFL gear is way better looking than NRL gear. i guess when its all done by the league as theres total revenue sharing then...its easier to make it good for each team.

the generic leagus stuff is balls. the club stuff is really subjective to the manufacturer.

the sharks have a CS67 range this year which is f**king lame. its woeful. xblades make it.

The ISC retro stuff was really good though.
i bought the hoody and the polo shirt. it was kinda in the "pro line" mould. the roosters ISC retro gear was excellent. however the raiders some how missed the mark.

Souths are the only club who's merchandise is consistantly decent looking.

beave

Coach
Hahaha, i just snorted my coke out my nose with that batmobile comment!! Hahaha!

You know, i was thinking the same thing about souffs a few months ago how good their gear looks and i honestly think its due to Rusty having some input into it. A lot of their gear is very yank looking, i reckon he has observed a lot of the yank sports merch and brought that style back home for his bunnies. Shame more clubs don't adopt the yank style of gear and logos. Have a look at the sharks logo ffs, disgraceful.

dogslife

Coach
I think we have to be careful and not over americanise the NRL. Some of the NFL's logos are shit too, the Browns, Bengals, and tbh I don't even like the Bucs new logo

Danish

Referee
My brother and I went halves on a Barry Sanders rookie card back in like 1994... He has it in some protective enclosure at his place now.

Can't remember how much it cost, i think maybe 50 bucks, but I washed a lot of cars in the street for it! :lol:

Had to order it in special from the states from a specialty store in the city given NFL cards weren't exactly everywhere in Oz

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I think we have to be careful and not over americanise the NRL. Some of the NFL's logos are shit too, the Browns, Bengals, and tbh I don't even like the Bucs new logo

The browns don't really have logos per se, they seem to use their helmet as their logo on their gear. Bengals are somewhat similar with thr tiger striped 'B' though i noticed a few years ago that they are using the cartoon tiger a lot more on most of their stuff, I think it's a bit ho hum as well but i honestly don't know why they call themselves the Bengals to begin with........ Hopefully someone will shed the light on that.

On the Bucs, i love the nostalgic factor of the old logo, but let's be brutally honest, it is a pretty f**king fruity looking pirate!!!!! The new version of the logo is awesome IMO (well they have 2 logos now really, the sabre with flag and the ship logo) there is so many pirate themed sport teams in the US, its pretty hard to reinvent the wheel for them, I think they went in the right direction. The colors as well, i love the old scheme but it aint exactly the most eye pleasing, the change to red and pewter and black looks a tad more menacing then the old creamsicle scheme.

Each to their own I guess mate!

beave

Coach
f**k me, I have looked everywhere online for that retro bucs hoody and all I can find is a S and XXXL. The hunt continues!!!!!

beave

Coach
I just got a white Bucs jersey tonight from my bro in law, everythin is stitched on (including the pirate ships on the arm) and has the elastic arms and side panels, he got told these are the proper onfield jerseys (his mates old man has a job with the NFL and gets jerseys on the cheap), I have no idea if it's the real deal or not, I will chuck some pics up tomorrow so that you boys more in the know can give me your opinion if it is infact real. I really don't care if it is or not as it looks awesome IMO, but just curious. I am getting a red one as well but it won't be here in time for Saturdays game.

beave

Coach
Well it took 3 weeks to find one online and only arrived at my inlaws the morning we left the states but i finally got my old school bucs hoody. This is now my fave bit of NFL merch i own.Bow down to it's hienous beauty!!!!!!

e93ee7e0.jpg

Mhartew

Juniors
I was going to buy a Patrick Peterson jersey, but apparently they may be re-designed in April as Nike has the new NFL Jersey contract and all the teams will have Nike jersey's instead of the Reebok ones.

So I'm just going to wait until April and I'll see which jersey I like better out of the Reebok or Nike and pick then.

Also the entry level jersey prices are apparently going up from around $75 to $100.

And New Era will be doing team hats.

Got my info from here
http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/...-switch-may-make-Packers-favorites-tough-find

beave

Coach
Yeah, there's talk of some major ove hauling of some of the teams jerseys, I just hope ours gets left alone as IMO its one of the more eye pleasing jerseys in the league. Hopefully new era make decent caps, I hate the flat brims/snap backs that are all the rage over there at the moment. Give me a flexi fit any day of the week.

Raider_69

Post Whore
My fiancee got me an eagles fact a day calander for my desk at work, which is pretty sweet
i also got a book about eagles stories untold and she got me a 4 pack of shot glasses

all great but still cant go past my eagles scarf :D

legend

Coach
Blade, have you been wearing your helmet around the house and to bed of a night? ;-)

I know I would be, especially when the Broncos are playing. Stand up like you are at the snap and call an audible with your helmet on!

Mhartew

Juniors
I've also been looking at getting a helmet. You can get the authentic ones on ebay for around $250-$275 including postage.

Latest posts