What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Divisional Playoffs Discussion

dogslife

Coach
This week's matchups

AFC
Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots
Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers

Blade

Juniors
AFC
Denver Broncos
@ New England Patriots
Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers

Eelectrica

Referee
NFC games both look to be classics that could go either way.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7446637/body-green-bay-packers-coordinator-son-found-river
With the *tragic news of Joe Philbins son being found dead Green Bay could either be a little distracted because of it or super fired up. Hard to know.
For some reason I think the Giants will win this. Their defence is clicking and unless Green Bay can improve their Defence, Eli Manning and co can match them
* Yes I know Michael Philbin wasn't exactly a role model, but still tragic to die at such a young age.

I can see the 49ers D frustrating the Saints into error. New Orleans can't forget the run game as they did for while against Detroit. Once they remembered they had one, they were fine.
The way the NFL rules are setup to favour offense of defense, I'll pick new Orleans, but won't be surprised at the result either way. Only thing that would be a surprise if one team managed to blow the other out.

Ravens over Texans, Ravens D seems to be wearing down a little, but should still prove to be to good for the Texans.

Patriots over the Tebows. I mean Broncos. Although if a brick should mysteriously land on Welker or Gronkowski's foot or Brady wakes up game day with a mystery virus, who knows.
Steelers arrogance cost them. I can't see the Patriots making the same mistakes. As good as the Denver D is, Brady and co should be able to solve it as they did earlier. Broncs should be able to run the ball on them, but I can't see the Patriots giving up the big passing plays the Steelers gave up.

Sleep

Juniors
The only game that doesn't look like it'll be very exciting to me is the Ravens/Texans game. The Ravens will be far too good. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they shut the Texans out.

They'll concentrate on stopping Foster and force Yates to throw. Ed Reed must be licking his chops.

dogslife

Coach
Giants vs Packers will be game of the week for mine. As good as the Packers are, the G Men are in good form and this one will be close

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Looks a good round of games, all round. San Fran v NO will be the game of the week for me, the best defense in the NFC being the 49ers verse one of the best offenses, the Saints. I think the 49ers will pip them.

legend

Coach
I think the Giants/Packers game will be a cracker!

My dream of a Saints/Broncos Superbowl is still alive for a few more days...

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
The coverage of Denver, making it to the Superbowl would be amazing and cringeworthy at the same time.

Jono078

Referee
Houston.

Then next best would be Titans, Bears or Falcons who are all around middle of the pack or bit below.

The Gambler

Juniors
I see that the Saints still managed to put 40 on Houston.

I think the Saints will account for the 49ers with relative ease. Unless they have a slow start and find themselves down on the scoreboard at half time.

dragonfire

Bench
Looks a good round of games, all round. San Fran v NO will be the game of the week for me, the best defense in the NFC being the 49ers verse one of the best offenses, the Saints. I think the 49ers will pip them.

sorry but the Saints offense is the best in the league, period. They put up crazy numbers this year. Honestly i think this game comes down to our defense vs SF offense. Everyone looks past our defense but they havent been playing that badly and we are playing a team that gave up the most sacks in the league and we love to bring the pressure. SF does not want to get behind by anything more than 1 score

abpanther

Staff member
I'm so excited to watch my 49ers in the playoffs again, so good to be relevant again and the future looks very bright.

I dunno if they will win, just want them to give a good account of themselves after such a great season.