What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

murraymob

Coach
the above link does not allow me to see the players .Anyone who can will you name the players in the photos

ashton

Juniors
the above link does not allow me to see the players .Anyone who can will you name the players in the photos

Murray the link wont stay up.

Click on the link
Click on the small box that says home
Click on general public
Click on Rugby League
Click on images from last seven days (it is about half way down on the left hand side of the page)
Click on 2012 NRL head shots
Click on Penrith NRL and NYC head 2012

franklin2323

Immortal

It seems to have a few errors most notably Windsor & NRL trial players listed. No Satini, Jennings or Hollis brothers are they still with us?

Anyway here's who is listed: C.Robinson, B.South, C.Picker, B.Chestine, B.Cartwright, C.Carl, D.Foster, E.Anderson, J. Lee Hang, I.Riccardi, J.Galvin, J.Wilson, J.Horo, J.Campbell, J.Buttfield, K.Matthews, L.Baker, M.Compton, M.Clark, M.Nicolas, N.Walker, Regan, Gregory, Fatailoa, Dengate, Evans, Eisenhuth, RoMER, LaVAKA, TiA-Kilifi, Z.AhU, z:MACKAY, W.TaAGA.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Good to see them fast tracking Bryce Cartwright. I think the Hollis brothers are still with Penrth, not sure about George Jennings.

Last edited:

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
Who do you guys think will be the halves pairing next year? Doug Hewitt? Tim Dengate? Toby Evans? Cameron Picker?[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

ashton

Juniors
Doug Hewitt returns from AIS European tour Friday, 30 December 2011 06:31 By Sam Debenham - Australia might set the standard in international rugby league but there is plenty to like about the game in Europe, according to Bathurst talent Doug Hewitt, who has recently returned from a European tour with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) squad.The Australian team played five ‘Tests' during their trip, two against French junior sides, along with games against Wales, England and a combined Welsh-English side.
Hewitt took part in four of the matches, having been rested for what was their only defeat of the trip (against the French under 17s).
He was man of the match against the French 19s and the English Academy team, helping the AIS to a thrilling 22-20 win in the latter of the two contests.
It was a perfect preparation for a huge 2012 in which he will line up with the Penrith Panthers Toyota Cup side.
"I really didn't know what to expect going over there, but the standard of footy was good. The style of the games really played into the hands of the halves, so that suited me," he said.
"It was physical footy and very fast, so it was enjoyable from my point of view.
"The England Academy game was probably the toughest, so to get man of the match in that game was pretty pleasing.
"I guess the surprise came in the France under 19s game, more than the games in England, because France are well behind the English in senior international footy. The structure and the quality of the players hits you by surprise.
"It was so physical. If you didn't step up you couldn't compete."
Hewitt was one of the senior members of the squad, which was composed mostly of players who are lining up for SG Ball (under 18s) teams in the coming year.
"There are a few who were 18 and turning 19 next year like me, though, and I'm sure I'll catch them around the traps. The whole squad were good blokes and very easy to get along with," he said.
Having attended a two-day training camp with Penrith upon his return, Hewitt is now enjoying a break until January 9, at which point he will head into more or less full-time preparation for the coming season.
A handful of trial matches will decide whether he makes the cut on a full-time basis.
"It is a bit nerve-racking knowing what's coming with the training, especially over Christmas, as you sit back and have a big feed and a few beers. It will get pretty tough," he said.
"We've got some early trial games and they start to trim the squad from there so hopefully I train well and find some good form early on."

franklin2323

Immortal
Who do you guys think will be the halves pairing next year? Doug Hewitt? Tim Dengate? Toby Evans? Cameron Picker?[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

Dengate looked good last year so he'd be my 7. ATM Picker would be my 6. I haven't seen enough of the other 2 to judge. But Dengate should be a lock for the 7.

Fibroman

First Grade
Dengate is rock solid in defence. Plays well above his weight. You'd have him defending in the line no problems at all. Goal line defence is a team issue. The whole team need to move off the line and number up. It's not rocket science.

stretcher

Juniors
Dengate is rock solid in defence. Plays well above his weight. You'd have him defending in the line no problems at all. Goal line defence is a team issue. The whole team need to move off the line and number up. It's not rocket science.
You can move up all you like they will run over the top of him and if he gets them down it will be a legs tackle and they will score off the next play for example Sam lousi vs Tim Dengate i know who will win that battle...

betcats

Referee
You can move up all you like they will run over the top of him and if he gets them down it will be a legs tackle and they will score off the next play for example Sam lousi vs Tim Dengate i know who will win that battle...

Yep small guys cant play footy, drop the kid.:sarcasm:

MountainMan

Juniors
Nobody said he couldnt play he is the smallest guy in the whole 20s comp and lets not forget wests got rid of him because of his size...
Wests Magpies yes..he was not even close to being on the Tigers raidar back then...dont forget souths also...he has come along way though I must admit.

greenfins

Juniors
U20's play trial game against Canberra on Saturday, I hear they still have a huge squad of around 50 players, so guess the definates from last year may sit out and give new boys a run.
Anyone hear news of what new coach has in mind?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Any news on whether Cartwright and Lavaka from SG Ball are playing 20's from the start of the season or not?

greenfins

Juniors
Boys were told quite a number will be cut from squad after this weekend's trail, they will be sent back to local A grade and Bundy Red Cup team training.
Good luck to all the boys.

Latest posts