What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

Panther Dave

Juniors
Penrith played a trial game against the Raiders in Goulburn last night. From the reports we got from Phil Gould, most of these guys will go back to there normal clubs, although some stood out in an 8 tries to 4 win. Of the 26 players that took part only 10-12 will stay on.

greenfins

Juniors
Penrith played a trial game against the Raiders in Goulburn last night. From the reports we got from Phil Gould, most of these guys will go back to there normal clubs, although some stood out in an 8 tries to 4 win. Of the 26 players that took part only 10-12 will stay on.

Dave do you know who the stand outs from this game? I think most were the new boys or ones that Brennan has not seen play before.

franklin2323

Immortal
A nice 36-10 win tonight. Teamlists to name players would of helped but very strong across the board. Satini & Seijka were great as was the backrow. Number a huge blond guy was great put on some hits.

:lol: great to see a biff in a trial

Big Mick

Referee
Agree.

The Tia Kilfi/Satini/Jennings combination could develop into something very special this year.

On a side note, great to see all 3 Jennings brothers score for Penrith on Saturday :D

I'd love to see that combination in first grade by the end of the year.

That's why I wouldn't have re-signed Tighe. I rate Satini. Throw Pelasio in the mix and I just don't understand it. But obviously there is a reason.

1. Lachlan Coote/Michael Gordon
2. Michael Gordon/Andrew Pelasio
3. Michael Jennings
4. Tony Satini
5. George Jennings
6. Harry Seijka
7. Luke Walsh

Make it happen!

8. Sam McKendry
9. Blake South/Travis Burns
10. Tim Grant
11. Luke Lewis
12. Clint Newton
13. Blake Austin

RES:
14. Nafe Seluini
15. Dayne Weston
16. Jesse Sene-Lafao/Nathan Smith
17. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

Again...make it happen.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
We aren't that far away. We are close to getting back to a good team built on juniors. Just need the guys like Vaipuna, Jennings brothers & Seijka to take that next step.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The scary thing is that i honestly believe Robert is the best of the Jennings brothers.

He just gets more involved than the other 2 and is so strong...Plus he still has the pace and elusiveness.

In 2-3 years we will be fine IMO...But it will be a huge struggle till then...

First decision needs to be to drop Smith for Austin and let Austin grow as a 80 Min Lock.

Big Mick

Referee
The scary thing is that i honestly believe Robert is the best of the Jennings brothers.

He just gets more involved than the other 2 and is so strong...Plus he still has the pace and elusiveness.

In 2-3 years we will be fine IMO...But it will be a huge struggle till then...

First decision needs to be to drop Smith for Austin and let Austin grow as a 80 Min Lock.

I agree Daz. I think Robert is definitely potentially the best. Which is defintely scary.

I even joked wtih JTK on twitter...hey in 2-3 years we might have a team that is 3/4 Jennings & Tia Kilifi brothers...not that FAR from reality as far as the backline is concerned. Would it suprise anyone that in 3 years our backline is:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. George Jennings
3. Michael Jennings
4. Robert Jennings
5. Andrew Pelasio/Tony Satini

I don't think anyone would be totally shoked...but how epic would it be!

I agree with you as far as Austin. I don't want him at five-eight. I want him at lock as a ball-player.

Lewis imo passes too much. I want him to just be an impact backrower who hits the fringe like he did with success for Australia. Some of his passes last weekend were ordinary to say the least. He cannot pass left-to-right.

franklin2323

Immortal
Another good win tonight VTK strong again, Moss a great hat trick, Satini strong. We look so much better with Galvin at lock doing ballplaying. A tough game next week given the Sharks scored 78 against Manly on Monday night.

Latest posts