What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to call time at season's end for Eels

bartman

Immortal
Not suggesting this is the same thing - as I'm happy to believe the 9 news interview where Hindy denied the pending retirement - but didn't we have this problem with Cayless' decision as well?

Must be a sign of the times... players who want to stay in control of their affairs have to be careful about trusting their mates, agents, or anyone with contacts in the media/twitter/whatever.

natheel

Coach
Don't see why anyone would be concerned about the NRL thread. All the posts in there are notorious trolls who always just say s**t to try and stir others. Probably don't even support the clubs they claim to support. I laughed after the second page as it was the usual trolls who just tried to wind people up but no-one bites. And people think the Eels forum has gone to s**t.

I love the new trolls coming in. They just pick a thread do all their posts there and piss off never to be heard again

Storm_warning would have to be the worst attempt at trolling I've seen since bhp.

bartman

Immortal
:lol::lol::lol:
What's up Suity? I don't really take any media reports to heart, and my life goes on if stories change (as they often do).

I was happy to believe the published article in good faith, and now I'm happy to believe the next bit of info that's been published/viewed (until the next thing comes up...)

And I'll believe the next bit of published info we get on this story (whatever it is) later on in the year too. :lol:

Kenny

Juniors
Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Most journalists, except for a select few, generally just don't make stuff up. There is obviously a source that the journalist trusts who has leaked the story. Parra has more leaks than the titanic.

Eels Dude

Coach
Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Most journalists, except for a select few, generally just don't make stuff up. There is obviously a source that the journalist trusts who has leaked the story. Parra has more leaks than the titanic.

Yes very bold article this one. Who would have thought that a 32 year old footballer would be considering retirement at the end of the year... great journalism skills on show.

It was more than likely he will retire at the end of the year. If he does, then the SMH will claim they were right. If he doesn't however, let's wait for the article in 6 months claiming Hindy has done a backflip on his retirement plans.

Tyler Durden

Juniors

I'm blaming Julia Gillard's ex media adviser for leaking this story and inciting angst and tension and stress amongst the long suffering and opressed Parramatta fans.

of course hindy was weighing up his options no secret there but i doubt he has made his mind up

Eels Dude

Coach
Ah that's right. I recall someone saying he was banned from the rest of the forums come to think of it.

He probably has made the decision but the fact it was leaked it is a disgrace - can't the 'moles' inside our club give Hindy the respect and allow him to make the decision public when HE wants.

strider

Post Whore
He probably has made the decision but the fact it was leaked it is a disgrace - can't the 'moles' inside our club give Hindy the respect and allow him to make the decision public when HE wants.
jumping to a bit of a conclusion there .... i'll just leave it in the, who the hell knows pile and wait for hindy to say

Kornstar

Coach

Very interesting timing for this article imo........

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think leaks can be COMPLETELY ruled out given the Cayless situation. But this screams bulls**t. There haven't been leaks for a while now thankfully, and it's not like the article claims anything groundbreaking. He may retire, he may not. If the decision was made he would have done what Cayless did.