What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midfielder charged for homophobic slur

Jimbo

Immortal
West Ham United midfielder Ravel Morrison charged by FA for allegedly posting homophobic slur on Twitter

West Ham United midfielder Ravel Morrison faces disciplinary action from the Football Association after being charged for an alleged homophobic comment posted on Twitter.

Morrison, who joined West Ham from Manchester United in the January transfer window, is alleged to have made the remark during an exchange with another user on the micro-blogging site.

The Guardian reports the offending tweet read: "Crack head? Go suck out u little androtrop your a guy that talks if u see me you try slap me I'm in manchester every week."

The tweet was later deleted.

The FA had initially contacted the 19-year-old last week for his comments on the allegation before deciding to formally charge him.

"West Ham United's Ravel Morrison has been charged under FA Rule E3 for use of abusive and/or insulting words including a reference to a person's sexual orientation," the FA said in a statement.

Morrison was widely regarded as one of the most talented youngsters ever to be unearthed by Manchester United, but was sold by the English champions amid ongoing off-field problems.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...-slur-on-twitter/story-e6frf423-1226272218280

Charming...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Everyone says this kid is pretty talented, but he clearly doesn't have a brain. He can't even speak f**king English.