What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL on TV in the UK

Paullyboy

Coach
G'day,

I initially put this in the "Go ahead ask us anything" thread but nobody replied so thought I'd try this - and to introduce myself as I may become a bit more of a regular in here fairly soon I'd imagine.

I'm moving over to Leeds in April to live with my girlfriend who had to move back over there. Anyway, just wanted to get an idea of what sort of NRL coverage you can get on TV (preferably) or internet? Is it sort of one game a week on pay TV, or is it a bit more reliable than that?

And just on that note, how much is it for pay tv (sky sports) roughly to get a basic package that includes NRL.

Cheers in advance.

The Tank

Bench
It's not on Sky Sports anymore. I believe it's on a channel called Premier Sports. You may have to subscribe to watch.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
http://www.premiersports.tv/

It's only on Sky (channel 433) and will show every round 1 game. After they they will average 6 games a week for the rest of the year including City v Country. Sky Sports show tests, origin and the Grand Final though. It's only £8/month too so when you work it out that you get 24 games in that time it's very good value.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Premier Sports also broadcasts the Championship (lower grades over here). As said, you need to subscribe to it as a standalone channel, I don't think it comes with any of the sports packages. Obviously you should get the Sky Sports package as well, since they carry Super League, SOO, the NRL Grand Final and internationals as well as pretty much every other sport you could imagine.

BODISGOD

Bench
Premier Sports is the phoenix from Setanta Sports and hopefully will do well covering niche things like NRL and the NHL and not over extend themselves. I would have preferred Eurosport to have taken up some rights though.

Setanta still exists in Ireland and show it here. Origin is on Sky Sports.

Paullyboy

Coach
Thanks guys. Might have to excuse my ignorance, but when you say it's £8 a month, is that all you'd pay, or is that on top of already having to pay for other channels?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Thanks guys. Might have to excuse my ignorance, but when you say it's £8 a month, is that all you'd pay, or is that on top of already having to pay for other channels?
Yeah, you would need a subscription to Sky TV which gives you a bunch of entertainment/documentary/news channels, and then you need to pay on top of that to get Sky Sports and other channels like Premier Sports.