What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

murraymob

Coach
Spoke to Jim and Mary Jones on Saturday Night and they said Bryce's injury is not serious at all and he is just having a couple weeks off as a precaution.
Bryce said it was a 2 to 3 week injury last week being the first.I was refering more to him being listed as bruce .

Pugzley

Was there on the first match. Ate 'dog and fries combo for an overpriced 10 bucks. Saw a couple of tries from the Penrith side before heading back to Panthers and going to the arms expo.

Thought about buying a samurai sword but got turned off by the price.

Overall a fun day out.

cmtf

Juniors
Two great games today, well done by the panthers. but also great win by the western academy harold matts over the bulldogs. the dogs look very disorganised & not very fit.

stumpyone

Juniors
I thought they were messy. The Matts started strong but then let the Dragons into the game I understand. Over 15 missed completions. The 14 Elboustani saved 2 certain dragons trys. As did 3 Nelson. Rob Jennings ran constantly. The Ball dropped nearly the same amount of ball the half and fiveeight work overtime to save them. Good results but big improvement needed in ball control. Bryce Cartwright obviously playing injured. Lodges mongrel in the middle missed.

stretcher

Juniors
I thought they were messy. The Matts started strong but then let the Dragons into the game I understand. Over 15 missed completions. The 14 Elboustani saved 2 certain dragons trys. As did 3 Nelson. Rob Jennings ran constantly. The Ball dropped nearly the same amount of ball the half and fiveeight work overtime to save them. Good results but big improvement needed in ball control. Bryce Cartwright obviously playing injured. Lodges mongrel in the middle missed.

stretcher

Juniors
Im not sure what game u were watching stumpy but i would suspect on average in harold matts football there would be a maximum of about 20-25 sets each team given there is only 60minutes of football so basically penrith completed only 5 sets from 20-25 and still won gee what could they have done to dragons look in my opinion it was a great game of tough footy with very little penalties and standouts for mine were SONI HALA,ROBERT JENNINGS,MARIO ELBOUSTANI and especially the hooker CAMERON COLLINS he caused havoc around the rucks...

stumpyone

Juniors
I'd agree with you re the players still thought it was messy both teams dropped a lot ball, maybe it was the heat. The Ball game was the same.

mounty

Juniors
Young milgate off the bench sparked the team when they looked flat and Mario played very well I'm impressed Robert Jennings was hard to taclkle but I'd like him hit a gap off the Halves and big soni was vey impressive and hooker cutting them to pieces I also like to mention the halve from stgeorge the seven vey Good.

ashton

Juniors
Harold Mattews Cup Penrith 24
Tries: R Jennings 2, S Hala, F Lalouatui
Conversions: T May 4
beat
Illawarra 14

Last edited:

ashton

Juniors
Sg Ball Penrith 24
Tries: G Toomalatai 3, D Watene Zelezniak, C Smith