What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors forum sevens team!!

Micistm

Bench
Hi ya guys, sorry for mega delays, had a few broadband issues to iron out.

I'm with Hitman atm...it does look cool but requiring a bit of time which I shouldn't commit to at this stage...lots of art to get on with (including some Warriors stuff- watch this space!). For the time being I'll keep the rants a little shorter and abstract with the focus on winding up Oz ;-)
Cheers and good luck though, I'll keep an eye on it, and maybe if you're stuck in a few months if others pike out I should have some more time.

devoid

Juniors
Hey Robster -- I can play round 1. Sorry for lack of communication. In SYD trying to get my hustle on. Let me know if you need something -- by the 18th right?

Robster

Bench
Thanks Devoid. :)

Team I'm going for is.

Robster (c)
devoid
Half
Russel Crowe's Band
Sicknutter

Bench
cornelius_sulla
JonB

Robster

Bench
Welcome Defence on board!! He is just having a little trouble signing up to the forums but we shall wait patiently.

Hey guys round 1 has kicked off. :)

I have named the following team.

WARRIORS TEAM!!

Robster (c)
devoid
Half
Russel Crowe's Band
Sicknutter

Bench
Defence
cornelius_sulla

The Official full time is next week Sunday 18th March. However to ensure there is no pancing off getting our 5 in on the last day I would like all articles submitted by the 16th. I encourage the bench players to write articles just incase if need and if not used then we can use the articles in future matches.

ROCK ON TEAM!! LETS HAVE SOME FUN!! Please pm me and let me know if the all above is all sweet as candy for you. chur chur

Robster.

Robster

Bench
jersey_dragons_1a.gif

DRAGONS

Tanner Ave - Steal City (OWC 750/749)
The writer has given us their insights amongst the changes regarding the culture of the Newcastle Knights. I had figured this topic might come up in the Sevens this week, but I gotta say, it's better than nearly every opinion piece I've seen so far, either from a Dragons fan or just a League Tragic. This includes newspapers, however, beating them is no feat! The layout is good, a nice balance of fact and opinion. A bit of emotion displayed in there too, enjoyable and well written.

Breathingfire - Attitude (OWC 676/676)
The writer has given us an article displaying the meaning of Attitude in Rugby League. This article is also an interesting read, well in-depth with a good flow. It's an amazing word, however, even with a bad attitude you can still win games (I am a Roosters fan haha). I wish you wrote something longer, not for marks, but to see more that you have to say.

Hutty1986 - Rugby League; A Heart-Stopping Obsession (OWC 734/734)
The writer has allowed us into his obsession with Rugby League, and more importantly, their beloved Dragons. A well-structured piece that captures emotion, with some signs of hope. The rollercoaster is the best thing, it really is. We can all relate to this one.

Everlovin' Antichrist - The New Crystal Ball (OWC 724/727)
The writer has given predictions with the help of their own crystal ball, in the months to come. It's always good to see a bit of humour in this competition, and it's always great when it works. It would be nice if some of these predictions worked too. That is not the important bit, it's an enjoyable piece, well written.

Willow - Roll Call (OWC 750/750)
The writer has given us a rant about the rise and decline of Rugby League's so-called professional media folk. It is a great opinion piece, well documented and best of all, well flowing. The photo and the quotes, very well fitting too.

jersey_warriors_1.gif

WARRIORS

Sicknutter - The Contenders (OWC 748/748)
The writer has given a prediction, letting the readings into whom he thinks will be the eight sides that will make the finals in 2012, giving reasons why. You go into some detail about each one of them, but sadly that is all that a 750 word limit can provide, so it's always hard to nail one of these. A good opinion piece. In saying this, the layout can use some work, paragraphs always work well, it is always a little hard to mark a piece that is presented in one giant block. Also, your last section (about Cronulla) has been displayed in a smaller font. That one won't lose you points here, but something to be careful about in the future. Good luck for your future articles.

Russell Crowe's Band - Same Old Sharks (OWC 750/750)
The writer has shown not complete frustration, but a detailed look into the limited success of the club, I assume they support. Major problems are documented throughout the article, with comparisons of different occasions in the past written, which I thought was a good touch. It has been a rough time for Cronulla fans in the past few years, I was among those hoping they'd give their fans something to cheer about. Good luck for the season.

WarriorDefence - Untitled (OWC 748/748)
The writer has given us their insights into players they tend to dislike. The article is pretty good, giving us reasons why they are disliked, mind you, can never have a show without a villain. Sadly, the layout of the article has lost you points. First of all, as said previously, paragraphs are the best thing. Second, there are a few spelling errors (such as "Farrah", only one r) and a few errors with grammar. In saying that, good attempt for first try.

Robster - We Need A 2nd Kiwi NRL Team (OWC 652/651)
The writer has given us their reasons for wanting a second New Zealand team in the National Rugby League competition. It displays all of the great things New Zealanders have done in the past few years, owing success. First of all, it is way too short, you have limped in with the naming of the team, which, thanks to the OWC, tells me that 49 words have been used there. Also with that, you have:
1. Josh Hoffman
5: Jason Nightingale
8 - Roy Asotasi
Ben Roberts
Four different ways of displaying your players, it needs to be consistant. You also seem to have an issue with grammar, particularly "Kiwi's", which doesn't need the apostrophe, and "Now it's 2012 ,and the total", where the comma is misplaced. There are, in fact, a few examples where a lone comma counts as a word in the Counter. Without these there, you would lose a further five points. You are getting fully marked however. Other than this, good read. Sadly however, the errors in grammar have cost you dearly.

Half - Where Are The Chinese Kids (OWC 0/735)
The writer has given an interesting in-depth history regarding not only his, but other Asian relationships with Rugby League, and sport in general. First of all, the layout of the article, and the flow of it is spot-on, and with it being an interesting read, it's always a great bonus. Good read.

FINAL SCORE
DRAGONS 436 d. WARRIORS 410

Robster

Bench
Bad luck guys. Sorry for my article :-(. Very disappointing. Who's up for the next match?

Micistm

Bench
Hi Robster, sorry I didn't answer your PM before, was heading out the door and signing off just as it came through.
Sorry, snowed under this week and really don't want to commit and do a half arsed thing for ya.