What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my view of game

tresurehunt

Juniors
we actually hit the grass with our kicks in general play tonight ,sandow was pretty good i thought. dont know if was the wet night or our attack looked as dismal as last year, i hope that gel stuff comes soon ,don't wont to be chasing all year like last.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
only cause he offers nothing in attack playing centre

So if he offers nothing in attack at centre why would you want him on the wing? That's one position where you can afford to carry a poor defender - you may as well use one who attacks well.

Centre, on the other hand, requires a good defender first and foremost. If he's a quality attacking player that's a bonus.

Runaround Man

Juniors
We didn't complete our sets at crucial times, especially at the beginning of the second half.
We let Brisbane into the game, no, we invited them in with a lovely, frilly invitation that they just could not resist.

Once they got the momentum, it as all over, our guys heads went down, they lost the belief and Brisbane suddenly looked bigger, faster and more hungry.

It was in the balance until then.

Sandow did real good, but too much was asked of him and he tried to do too much.

Shows how good Hayne is. He had played playmaker, try scorer and fullback for a few years now.

WHen Hayne returns it will be a lot better. Also when Willie Tonga returns it will make a big difference.

Only first game in. I think we need to wait for another 4 to 5 games to make a more thorough assessment.;-)

tresurehunt

Juniors
Sandow did real good, but too much was asked of him and he tried to do too much.

"Shows how good Hayne is. He had played playmaker, try scorer and fullback for a few years now"

agree there

Stagger eel

Staff member
Burt at 32 is a different player to Burt at 25...same with Hindmarsh!

if I thought that Hindmarsh was crap and i wanted to prove a point I'd ask him to play till his 45, just so i can tell everyone I'm right.

at the end of the day, they're club stalwards who will probably have their last season at the club and not just by choice either, that's just my opinion.

friend of mine works for Telstra on the business side of things and the NRL relationship reckons Hindy is making plans to be involved with league next season, only not on the field..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I thought our defense was really good. But wet weather defense is very different to dry weather defense. We will find out how good it is once we get a dry track.

I was impressed with Sio. He's got a bright future.

Blair looks big and strong. I'd move him to the back row.

Haynzy

First Grade
I have it on good authority that Reni is still very injured and shouldn't have been playing last night.

Sandow should leave the long cut out passes to Jarryd but apart from that was a huge improvement on last year's halves.

Roberts was also good until his injury. I hope he's not out for long.

We played like a team that hadn't played together much and obviously our outside backs will improve when the injured guys come back. It felt to me like we were never going to score when we went to the backs, except Sio wholooked the goods. Blair needed to inject himself more but looks ok, Morgan and Esi had their moments but seemed fairly impotent in attack.

I think we'll improve.

strider

Post Whore
I thought our defense was really good. But wet weather defense is very different to dry weather defense. We will find out how good it is once we get a dry track.

I was impressed with Sio. He's got a bright future.

Blair looks big and strong. I'd move him to the back row.

your first 2 sentences - i agree with entirely

your 3rd - hmmm, i think it got too hard for you to make an entirely serious post, so u dragged that out :lol: :lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I thought Keating had a good game. He made a few good darting runs from dummy half.
Hope he has a good year.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
is he backrow material?

I think he might just be. The tackle stats in the tele say he made 43, with no missed tackles. This was just one behind Hindy who made 44 with 1 missed tackle.

Although I think he lacks the size to take decent hit ups.

In conclusion I would move him to the 2nd row.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think he might just be. The tackle stats in the tele say he made 43, with no missed tackles. This was just one behind Hindy who made 44 with 1 missed tackle.

Although I think he lacks the size to take decent hit ups.

In conclusion I would move him to the 2nd row.

thought so..

Latest posts