What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kick charge downs

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The kicks ended up low trajectory due to the precipitation pushing the ball back down towards earth. Next week we'll be fine.

Bigfella

Coach
One common thing to the charge down era is the coach.

Thwts juet not even close to being true.

Finch, kris keating and mortimer under the previous two coaches had the same problems.

Lack of a class hooker for a long period is the biggest factor imo

strider

Post Whore
Keating was partly at fault as his service is just shithouse but the kicker on a few ocasions didn't kick high enough. Most of the kicks that were charged down were low trajectory Kicks.

probably cos it is hard to charge down kicks that are over your outstretched arms

tbh, i don't think half the "charge downs" were charge downs - we just kicked the bloody thing into them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
probably cos it is hard to charge down kicks that are over your outstretched arms

tbh, i don't think half the "charge downs" were charge downs - we just kicked the bloody thing into them

After Roberts went off all the defence converged on Sandow on the 5th tackle.

Keating looked like he wanted to use Sandow as a decoy a couple of times but when he looked the other side of the ruck there was no merkin there ready to kick the ball.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kicker too shallow. Bad shape in attack, kicking when we aren't getting quick play the balls or kicking when we haven't bent the line back the play before.

But what gets me more is the way we make a half break and have no idea what to do the next play so someone just hits it up.

yy_cheng

Coach
Kicker too shallow. Bad shape in attack, kicking when we aren't getting quick play the balls or kicking when we haven't bent the line back the play before.

But what gets me more is the way we make a half break and have no idea what to do the next play so someone just hits it up.

Usually hindy

Strangenuts

Juniors
Thwts juet not even close to being true.

Finch, kris keating and mortimer under the previous two coaches had the same problems.

Lack of a class hooker for a long period is the biggest factor imo

I thought last year was the worst I've seen for charge downs.
But you are right about dummy half service. It would be nice to have another option at 9.

Latest posts