What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General off season footy/sport/current affairs chatter

parra pete

Referee
I still prefer "there will not be a carbon tax under the government I lead"

I'm glad there will be a PRICE ON CARBON[/B]...I will be getting the benefit of it...won't be coming out of my pocket..My grandkids might get another 80 years or so out of the planet.

No good sticking your head in the sand..The climate change we are getting now is just co-incidental...Yeah sure!!!!..

Jovial Joe has been blasting the loss of jobs. The first thing he says the Libs will do is cut 12,000 Health Public servants....Mmmmmm, Typical conservatives. First ones to suffer are the workers.

born an eel

Bench
I'm glad there will be a PRICE ON CARBON[/B]...I will be getting the benefit of it...won't be coming out of my pocket..My grandkids might get another 80 years or so out of the planet.

No good sticking your head in the sand..The climate change we are getting now is just co-incidental...Yeah sure!!!!..

Jovial Joe has been blasting the loss of jobs. The first thing he says the Libs will do is cut 12,000 Health Public servants....Mmmmmm, Typical conservatives. First ones to suffer are the workers.
check your facts, then we can talk

EELICIT

Juniors
Oh and what does a carbon tax mean anyway. Is it carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide. One is a trace gas which is poisonous and the other is exactly the opposite, we breath it out and trees etc live off it. I dont get it ?

EELICIT

Juniors
So a carbon "TAX" is what a charge on all living life forms including us ! Were stuffed then.

mickdo

Coach
Oh and what does a carbon tax mean anyway. Is it carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide. One is a trace gas which is poisonous and the other is exactly the opposite, we breath it out and trees etc live off it. I dont get it ?

You're right, you don't get it. CO2 is poisonous as well if you are exposed to enough of it. It's one of the believed causes of cot death. I would not advise locking yourself in a small space without ventilation, as it's the CO2 you breathe out that will kill you well before you run out of oxygen.

Regardless, the toxicity of CO2 to humans is irrelevant (but I'll bet you knew that already). It's CO2's effect as a greenhouse gas that is the problem. That's why the 'tax' as you put it is not only on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions but also methane (CH4) and other contributory gases. Carbon monoxide is not a greenhouse gas and so is not 'taxed'.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Then we better introduce an "evolution" tax, call it the "big bang"...... in your pocket... the BBS.

Then we will have covered all the bases of the whole "universe".
Finally, taxes WILL protect us from extinction.
Yippeeeee....

born an eel

Bench
You're right, you don't get it. CO2 is poisonous as well if you are exposed to enough of it. It's one of the believed causes of cot death. I would not advise locking yourself in a small space without ventilation, as it's the CO2 you breathe out that will kill you well before you run out of oxygen.

Regardless, the toxicity of CO2 to humans is irrelevant (but I'll bet you knew that already). It's CO2's effect as a greenhouse gas that is the problem. That's why the 'tax' as you put it is not only on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions but also methane (CH4) and other contributory gases. Carbon monoxide is not a greenhouse gas and so is not 'taxed'.
so how many degrees will Australias tax lower the global temperature?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

(Stay with this.....and pay attention)

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel Owner.

(Almost done...keep reading)

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything.

No one earned anything.

However, the whole town now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.

And that, my friends, is how a "stimulus package" works!

Carbon Tax as are all taxes is a scam, is FRAUD = BULLSHIT.
Tax is a freemasonic/satanic slavery system.
Who is your master?
Who do you serve?

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=353733598000566&id=100000917851955

Last edited:

EELICIT

Juniors

UM ? ok so why not get rid of it if its deadly. Would a tax get rid of it ?

EELICIT

Juniors

Hold your horses there buddy! Greenhouse was a term i heard a long time ago. Has that got to do with the ozone layer because if it does we have a problem. I have a mate that looks into that stuff, its his job and he recently told me that the hole in the ozone layer has officially closed.

EELICIT

Juniors

Co2 is not toxic to humans its Co that is. Thats common knowledge right. Hang on. Carbon monoxide is what comes out of cars exhausts so that was a greenhouse pollutant and caused the hole in the ozone layer right. So why are we getting a tax for exhaling as per instruction. Its not like we wanted to land on this earth. Blame our parents