What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General off season footy/sport/current affairs chatter

EELICIT

Juniors
You're right, you don't get it. CO2 is poisonous as well if you are exposed to enough of it. It's one of the believed causes of cot death. I would not advise locking yourself in a small space without ventilation, as it's the CO2 you breathe out that will kill you well before you run out of oxygen.

Regardless, the toxicity of CO2 to humans is irrelevant (but I'll bet you knew that already). It's CO2's effect as a greenhouse gas that is the problem. That's why the 'tax' as you put it is not only on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions but also methane (CH4) and other contributory gases. Carbon monoxide is not a greenhouse gas and so is not 'taxed'.

I must have missed that. Cot Death is not from carbon dioxide. Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Seriously whoever fed you that is an imbecile!

Last edited:

mickdo

Coach
UM ? ok so why not get rid of it if its deadly. Would a tax get rid of it ?

Wtf?

Hold your horses there buddy! Greenhouse was a term i heard a long time ago. Has that got to do with the ozone layer because if it does we have a problem. I have a mate that looks into that stuff, its his job and he recently told me that the hole in the ozone layer has officially closed.

There's an O3 hole that's just opened above the Arctic recently as well, so no that's not exactly true. Ozone is also a greenhouse gas, however it is much less potent than CO2.

Co2 is not toxic to humans its Co that is. Thats common knowledge right. Hang on. Carbon monoxide is what comes out of cars exhausts so that was a greenhouse pollutant and caused the hole in the ozone layer right. So why are we getting a tax for exhaling as per instruction. Its not like we wanted to land on this earth. Blame our parents

Correct, CO2 is not as toxic to humans as CO, but you said it was 'exactly the opposite'. You were wrong. CO is not considered a greenhouse pollutant as it does not last long in the atmosphere. It does not cause the hole in the ozone layer, that is primarily CFC's.

I must have missed that. Cot Death is not from carbon dioxide. Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Seriously whoever fed you that is an imbecile!

Considering all the other rubbish you've been spouting I'm not really surprised you missed it. Frankly I'd be looking in your own backyard for the dumbest things you ever heard, as you seem to recite quite a few of them.

EELICIT

Juniors
What rubbish am i spouting? Im simply trying to understand the point of a carbon tax. Insulting me only proves that you cant handle people asking you questions. Your not Gillard are you ?

Gronk

Staff member
Sadly these debates are not about the validity of an ETS or the actual location of the off shore refugee processing etc. Solutions are not argued on the merits of policy, they are argued based on political allegiances. Otherwise there would be compromise. Compromise :lol:.

Compromise is not something that happens in Australia when it comes politics. I get that the NLP want to be in power, however the sabotage that opposition parties in this country are prepared to undertake to achieve their objective prohibits true economic momentum. Yet they are prepared to sacrifice this to be in charge. Abbott is hell bent of being a wrecking ball at any cost.

There must be a better way to do this...

born an eel

Bench
Sadly these debates are not about the validity of an ETS or the actual location of the off shore refugee processing etc. Solutions are not argued on the merits of policy, they are argued based on political allegiances. Otherwise there would be compromise. Compromise :lol:.

Compromise is not something that happens in Australia when it comes politics. I get that the NLP want to be in power, however the sabotage that opposition parties in this country are prepared to undertake to achieve their objective prohibits true economic momentum. Yet they are prepared to sacrifice this to be in charge. Abbott is hell bent of being a wrecking ball at any cost.

There must be a better way to do this...
similarly at the moment Gillard will say and do anything to hold on to power, look at the backflip regarding the carbon tax, the whole pokie reform debate, Craig thompson affair.

If we had a majority government things would be easier, and don't get me started on the greens in the senate.

Gronk

Staff member
similarly at the moment Gillard will say and do anything to hold on to power, look at the backflip regarding the carbon tax, the whole pokie reform debate, Craig thompson affair.

If we had a majority government things would be easier, and don't get me started on the greens in the senate.

See this is what I mean. Your position is based on who you support, rather than what is good for the country.

A "win" is catching the PM out on a change of policy because it may sway public opinion against her. I would have thought that a "win" would be the opposition suggesting good policy and working towards compromise. If they introduce good policy then they achieve political points.

Nah that's too complicated and may work against them. Far better is a "you say it's black and I say it's white - because you are incompetent" and who cares if it's at the detriment of the country. "Gee it would be good for us if we went into recession and unemployment went into double figures" thinks Tony rubbing his hands together.

Can't you see how f**ked up this whole thing is ? :crazy:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
"Gee it would be good for us if we went into recession and unemployment went into double figures" thinks Tony rubbing his hands together.

Abbott = death rider?

Argument for a one-party system? But only if my preferred party is in power...

Gronk

Staff member
Abbott = death rider?

All parties who are in opposition are in death rider mode.

Argument for a one-party system? But only if my preferred party is in power...
Two party is OK with me, however the get-into-power-at-any-cost attitude shits me to tears. As a small business owner I can feel the momentum being stifled but the negativeness preached by dickheads. Gerry Harvey has being saying that we are talking ourselves into a recession. This is partly true and is fueled by the LNP wiht their dooms day rhetoric. Yes it's the same no matter who is currently in office, I am not bitching specifically at Abbott as it's the same story with Labour when they are in opposition.

Yes maybe I should move to Fiji and buy an island. Frank Bainimarama doesn't put up with this shit.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
See this is what I mean. Your position is based on who you support, rather than what is good for the country.

A "win" is catching the PM out on a change of policy because it may sway public opinion against her. I would have thought that a "win" would be the opposition suggesting good policy and working towards compromise. If they introduce good policy then they achieve political points.

Nah that's too complicated and may work against them. Far better is a "you say it's black and I say it's white - because you are incompetent" and who cares if it's at the detriment of the country. "Gee it would be good for us if we went into recession and unemployment went into double figures" thinks Tony rubbing his hands together.

Can't you see how you are argueing the same thing.
Do you really think that the side in power will adopt policies suggested by the opposition, doesn't matter how good they are.

born an eel

Bench
All parties who are in opposition are in death rider mode.

Two party is OK with me, however the get-into-power-at-any-cost attitude shits me to tears. As a small business owner I can feel the momentum being stifled but the negativeness preached by dickheads. Gerry Harvey has being saying that we are talking ourselves into a recession. This is partly true and is fueled by the LNP wiht their dooms day rhetoric. Yes it's the same no matter who is currently in office, I am not bitching specifically at Abbott as it's the same story with Labour when they are in opposition.

Yes maybe I should move to Fiji and buy an island. Frank Bainimarama doesn't put up with this shit.
that will do me, quoting Gerry Harvey as putting the interest of the country before his own self interest. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
that will do me, quoting Gerry Harvey as putting the interest of the country before his own self interest. :lol:

It's pointless talking big person stuff with a pelican who has their political blinders on.

horse_with_blinders_small.jpg

TheRam

Coach
From what I've read we're past the point of lowering temperatures now. It's more about preventing rises.

From what I've heard, you are a sucker and a right royal moron. Just the way the gov and trans nationals like it.

These idiots will do and pay any price if we sell it right and scare the bejesus out of them.

They can't remember anything longer then a few minutes ago let alone our other bazillion lies. They deserve what we give them, do to them and what they get.

A big fat nothing except a bullet in the head.

Oh it's coming. always has when you have a stupid population and and unchecked gov.

Oh and I suppose we should all be ecstatic & grateful that the State Gov is today running up the flag poll the possible sale of 5 of OUR train stations?

If we can package that right the dumb f**ks will be begging us to sell and then charge them more for "Better" run and kept stations.

Hey they are to stupid to know that we could have fixed this mess a thousand times over, but we will never do so, so as we can sell them down the river to our mates who really keep us in power and give us jobs when we leave public office. And even if they see it and kind of get it, they still live in denial either because it is just to hard for them to except or believe it or so as that they don't have to do anything about it.

And the best part of all this is that if if anyone should really make a point of it and try to expose us and our devious treachery, the boofheads are self regulating and will denounce the one who can see us. How brilliant is that?

Isn't this just f**king fantastic. Morons to the right of us morons to the left of us, and all we in gov have to do is wear our expensive suits, speak with authority and keep smiling and then we just walk on through and do what the hell we like. Who's going to stop us...Not these f**king fools!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha...

Gronk

Staff member
From what I've heard, you are a sucker and a right royal moron. Just the way the gov and trans nationals like it.

These idiots will do and pay any price if we sell it right and scare the bejesus out of them.

They can't remember anything longer then a few minutes ago let alone our other bazillion lies. They deserve what we give them, do to them and what they get.

A big fat nothing except a bullet in the head.

Oh it's coming. always has when you have a stupid population and and unchecked gov.

Oh and I suppose we should all be ecstatic & grateful that the State Gov is today running up the flag poll the possible sale of 5 of OUR train stations?

If we can package that right the dumb f**ks will be begging us to sell and then charge them more for "Better" run and kept stations.

Hey they are to stupid to know that we could have fixed this mess a thousand times over, but we will never do so, so as we can sell them down the river to our mates who really keep us in power and give us jobs when we leave public office. And even if they see it and kind of get it, they still live in denial either because it is just to hard for them to except or believe it or so as that they don't have to do anything about it.

And the best part of all this is that if if anyone should really make a point of it and try to expose us and our devious treachery, the boofheads are self regulating and will denounce the one who can see us. How brilliant is that?

Isn't this just f**king fantastic. Morons to the right of us morons to the left of us, and all we in gov have to do is wear our expensive suits, speak with authority and keep smiling and then we just walk on through and do what the hell we like. Who's going to stop us...Not these f**king fools!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha...

You're spot on Ram. This country will keep going down the shithouse until they get someone like Brian Wilshire in charge. He knows what's really going on.

EDIT: Dont' click on this --->http://www.brianwilshire.com/ my nod32 kickarse antivirus picked up a java embedded trojan in the website

Suitman

Post Whore
You're spot on Ram. This country will keep going down the shithouse until they get someone like Brian Wilshire in charge. He knows what's really going on.

Brian Wilshire?? Is that racist turd still on air? :?

Suity