What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

magpie4ever

First Grade
I agree with stretcher what about manly's 1 Tom Trbojevic has made team of the week twice, I llawarra are yet to win

Where do you find the team of the week? Is there a website that list this team, if it is part of the NSWRL mag are you able to list the team/s on this blog (week's 1 to 4).

While I believe it is easier for a player to make a rep side from a good team, it is not impossible for player to be selected out of a team struggling for wins.

Until the quarters finals onwards (as stretcher said ) I dont believe you can really judge how a player is really going because the draw is easier for some teams.

MA61

Juniors
You are right until they really all play each other it is hard to tell………The team of the week is in the League News at each game although didn't see one this week, would have to go have a look for the mags
Where do you find the team of the week? Is there a website that list this team, if it is part of the NSWRL mag are you able to list the team/s on this blog (week's 1 to 4).

While I believe it is easier for a player to make a rep side from a good team, it is not impossible for player to be selected out of a team struggling for wins.

Until the quarters finals onwards (as stretcher said ) I dont believe you can really judge how a player is really going because the draw is easier for some teams.

Didgi

Seen a few of last year's Aus Schoolboys named. Difficult following it from up here, how near is Matiu f**kof**ka to an 18s spot, or is he a year older? Best back for Schoolboys last year.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
You are right until they really all play each other it is hard to tell………The team of the week is in the League News at each game although didn't see one this week, would have to go have a look for the mags

If you find the mags, please list the teams here, if possible. Cheers

Ghipo

Juniors
Is it the same morons as last year picking the teams this year ?

Don't forget to put a kiwi at fullback in the under 18's !

s1ng0709

Juniors
Seen a few of last year's Aus Schoolboys named. Difficult following it from up here, how near is Matiu f**kof**ka to an 18s spot, or is he a year older? Best back for Schoolboys last year.

Too old! Played round 1 for doggies toyota cup, but dropped round 2. The dogs have Danny Fualalo playing toyota cup who qualifies for the 18s, but im not sure how good he is going. It would be interesting to see how kelepi tanginoa and fraser masinamua go for parra toyota cup against the warriors. If these 2 can put in a good performance against the warriors they'll be a big chance for the 18s.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Too old! It would be interesting to see how kelepi tanginoa and fraser masinamua go for parra toyota cup against the warriors. If these 2 can put in a good performance against the warriors they'll be a big chance for the 18s.

Frazer didn't play tonight but Kelepi and Pauli Pauli did.

Clyde11

Juniors
So can u explain why players such as Cooper and Smith from other states arent allowed to be selected in the NSW sides when they are playing in a NSW comp. I didnt think this came into it until they played there first game of Senior footy. Interested to know how this is determined.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
So can u explain why players such as Cooper and Smith from other states arent allowed to be selected in the NSW sides when they are playing in a NSW comp. I didnt think this came into it until they played there first game of Senior footy. Interested to know how this is determined.

Not sure with this one actually? Anyone can shed some light?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Not sure with this one actually? Anyone can shed some light?

I take it Clyde is talking about Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith? I'm unsure of their junior situation but I'm sure they were born in Qld and played schoolboy and junior rep footy in Qld. The NRL is not a state based comp.

The current situation is at best described as ridiculous as far as State representation is concerned. Greg Inglis born and raised on the mid-North coast of NSW apparently was offered a scholarship to finish school in Qld and played his 1st junior rep footy for Qld therefore is considered a Queenslander.

Benji Marshall on a school scholarship at Keerba Park, Qld represented Australian Schoolboys but swore his allegiance to NZ.

This is my belief of how it works, if you attend school or play in a comp in a particular state you can be selected to represent that State at a junior level but at a later stage you come under different rules regarding senior State or country representation.

I'm sure a young bloke (contracted to the Titans) who lives on the NSW side of the NSW/Qld border was required to represented Qld schoolboys (or Qld under 18s) last year but has indicated if he makes it in the NRL he wants to play for NSW if he is at that level in the future.

Regards,

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
As i said representation at a junior and senior level, is a bloody mess; possibly they would be able to rep for NSW in the U18s

magpie4ever

First Grade
Maybe due to SG Ball having Melbourne & WA as part of the comp, it is not considered NSW State based therefore different rules apply.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Richard Kennar from the Melbourne Storm played NSW Under 16's in 2010. I would imagine he would be selected for the NSW 18's this year.

half_back

Juniors
Under 18s possible side

1. Clinton Gutherson - Manly
2. Brenko Lee - Canberra
3. Tyrone Phillips - Souths
4. Halauafu Lavaka - Penrith
5. Richard Kennar - Melbourne
6. Mitchell Moses - Balmain
7. Christian Hazard - Souths
8. Jake Trbojevic - Manly
9. Fabian Natoli - Manly