What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Hooch

Juniors
I suppose if we look on the bright side of this monumental rogering of the coverage, TK is no longer infesting our tv screens.

And that is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Perhaps this was just the price to pay for getting rid of that snivelling little merkin?

wibble

Bench
f**k this. The Sunday Roast was perfect. It made me not care that The thursday footy show was shit, because The Roast was the footy show for me. It was intelligent, it was funny, they discussed things i wanted to hear about. It was just a fun rugby league show. Now its done. f**k off Channel 9.

Precisely

MightyBronco

Juniors
Wow, a thread where everyone agrees on something.

Stuff it, im a natural contrarian, so here goes...

This new format is awesome. You are all just stupid people who dont understand the genius that is Andrew Ryan, and the deeply insightful Brad Fittler.

This new format is the greatest thing to happen to Rugby League TV coverage.

hugzy

Juniors
It might not be intelligent per se, but at least a footy tragic.like me can actually.get.some extra insight from it. Plus it was.pretty funny

undertaker

Coach
Why are they wasting Andrew Ryan on the roast, they should be saving him for the Olympics coverage. Cant these guys go and play bush footy back in Dubbo or wherever and retire with some dignity.

Pride is your answer. However, pride comes before a fall. Why do you think ppl like John Farnham have had a million and one "farewell tours"?

danmiles73

Juniors
Voss wasn't the most popular bloke but he is an absolute footy tragic. He could tell you who is on the bench for the Bulldogs u/20s and who were the fresh reserves in the 1982 major semi. Some of the panellists we get can't tell you who is playing 1st grade this week.
And on top of that Voss is trained to work in media - he knows how to string a sentence together and keep the show going.

Voss carried off his first day of Queensland Cup coverage pretty well yesterday. That said "The Tent" (which is looking for a sponsor, he tells us, as it travels the state) looks like a step down from his previous digs.

Brutus

Referee
Every Channel 9 rugby league show is now mud.

"We do rugby league best":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dontito

Juniors
The sadest news on FTA coverage' for a long time,

NEIN canned the only show that had actually contributed some " cerebral " to the conversation

Oh well that puts me back to zero NRL shows on NEIN, gyngell wake up.....

The Red Afro

Juniors
Its quite depressing to think Nine would go to such lengths to destroy any and all associated programs related to league. Unlike the Thursday night 'variety program', I used to enjoy any chance I could to catch the Roast on weekends.

It was a well-paced, informative yet light-hearted take on issues in league that the audience actually wanted to listen to, and it worked.

Albeit, TK was a nob.

redvwhite

Juniors
My two favourite commentators are Voss and Ikin. Nature will run its course and these two will end up with the top jobs on the main rugby league channel, whatever that may be.

Just you wait and see. Gould and Warren's days are numbered and Hadley will be gone before long when someone steps on his toes.

undertaker

Coach
My two favourite commentators are Voss and Ikin. Nature will run its course and these two will end up with the top jobs on the main rugby league channel, whatever that may be.

Just you wait and see. Gould and Warren's days are numbered and Hadley will be gone before long when someone steps on his toes.

Ikin? Sure u don't mean Milhouse from The Simpsons? The amount of times he raises his eyebrows when he talks, u 'd think they are related

Danish

Referee
Webster is a f**king ass hat.

At one point he was complaining about the Telstra logo hubbub with the sharks, and how its such a nothing issue and we shouldn't even be discussing it..... yet he wrote the f**king article to kick it all off!

Brutus

Referee
Webster is a union fan. I can't stand watching blokes like him act as an authority on the RL when they clearly prefer another code. The Telegraph is full Webster's type.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
The Roast was the only good 9 RL show. If they carry on with the current presenters it will be dead before the end of the year. It used to be lighthearted but also informative at times. This weekend's offering was neither.

Maybe someone on here should start an online petition to bring back Voss for the Roast, and then send it to 9. Probably wouldn't achieve much, but if any of the sadsacks at 9 can't understand why the ratings have fallen, it may help.

undertaker

Coach
Webster is a union fan. I can't stand watching blokes like him act as an authority on the RL when they clearly prefer another code. The Telegraph is full Webster's type.

By that definition, Peter Fitzsimmons (who works for SMH) and DUI fall in that category as well (and yes, I guess you could classify DUI as a bloke).

undertaker

Coach
Even if they reverted back to 1 hr Sunday Footy Show followed by 1 hr Sunday Roast, last Sunday's effort will not be enough to deter me to sit through an hour of the Sunday Roast if Gilbert/Ryan/MacDougall/Webster is going to be the main panel. The combination of all 4 of them have a personality drier than a dead dingo's donger. Yes, even though TK is a knob, I would still watch if Voss/Gus/MG/TK was the regular panel when you compare their shows to the one last Sunday.

Latest posts