What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what to do with beau

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fact remains....Brisbane can hang onto most of their players for less money than other clubs can.
Where do you get your 'facts' from?

Brisbane Times
31 July 2009
[Excerpts]

The NRL has left the door open on suggestions Brisbane may have broken the salary cap, in case further information comes to light.

...it detailed its plan to ‘‘closely monitor allegations made in a recent court case about payments made to Brisbane Broncos players by high-profile individuals associated with the club’’.

The former chairman, Don Nissen, appeared at the case in Queensland involving Gordon Nuttall, a former state government minister. Nuttall was found guilty of 36 charges of corruptly receiving secret commissions from Ken Talbot and Harold Shand between 2002 and 2005.

Talbot has a financial deal with former Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, with the money provided for the welfare of Bennett’s two disabled children. He has also given money to former Brisbane players and provided personal loans to Nissen.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...r-salary-cap-20091123-ixfk.html#ixzz1omTDfqKL

Of course some players do actually take less money in order to stay with a certain club, they have their reasons (family, mateship, coach etc). But in most cases these are professional footballers and their careers aren't that long. They will, in most cases, chase the $.

Really XXXX, you didn't know this? Are you that naive?

smi962

First Grade
Play him in the 2nd row and not the centres. I don't care about the defensive factor, we still leaked 30 points last night and only managed to score 4.

redvwhite

Juniors
Rein's discipline has gone out the window quite frankly. he needs the talkting to but should have a bench spot. Scott is out of position and will relish shifting back to the backrow/bench wherever.

Agree on Green, Cummins and King getting a crack right away.

_Johnsy

Referee

Brisbane Times
31 July 2009
[Excerpts]

The NRL has left the door open on suggestions Brisbane may have broken the salary cap, in case further information comes to light.

...it detailed its plan to ‘‘closely monitor allegations made in a recent court case about payments made to Brisbane Broncos players by high-profile individuals associated with the club’’.

The former chairman, Don Nissen, appeared at the case in Queensland involving Gordon Nuttall, a former state government minister. Nuttall was found guilty of 36 charges of corruptly receiving secret commissions from Ken Talbot and Harold Shand between 2002 and 2005.

Talbot has a financial deal with former Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, with the money provided for the welfare of Bennett’s two disabled children. He has also given money to former Brisbane players and provided personal loans to Nissen.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...r-salary-cap-20091123-ixfk.html#ixzz1omTDfqKL

Of course some players do actually take less money in order to stay with a certain club, they have their reasons (family, mateship, coach etc). But in most cases these are professional footballers and their careers aren't that long. They will, in most cases, chase the $.

No, he's just that thick to actually believe the drivel he spins. Miscalculate their finances, FMD Straight out of the bronco propaganda machine.

The ex-chairmn is on public record under oath that they cheat the cap (board members of the thoroughbreds making cash payments to players),

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/brisbane-broncos-under-investigation-for-alleged-salary-cap-breach/story-fn2mcuj6-1225747206698

what more does this moron want ?

Last edited:

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
Sorry to offend.......I probably just don't get it. I'm used to lot of Brisbane players staying at Brisbane for a lot less money than they could get at other clubs due to the lifestyle that Brisbane can afford

oh......

and because of loyalty.

Beau Scott is a shitbag.......

lol @ lifestye in brisbane. Everytime I go back there it's worse and worse. building going on everywhere. the worse roads in australia cause its built like a small country town. Brisbane will be a australian Los angelas in 20 years. hot,polluted, overcrowded AND FULL OF MEXICANS !!!

KiamaSaint

Coach
Play him in the 2nd row and not the centres. I don't care about the defensive factor, we still leaked 30 points last night and only managed to score 4.

I agree, last night clearly showed that all this talk about strengthening our defence by leaving Beau at centre is a myth.

Fien needs to be dropped, it's time for King to come into the side. not wholesale changes, just a few minor adjustments.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pretty sure Adelaide is now rated as Australia's most affordable city. But who'd live there? There's reason why everything is cheap in the backwaters.

Brisbane is a congested mess. Lifestyle? lol. Maybe XXXX is getting Brissie mixed up the Gold Coast.

God-King Dean

Immortal
A line I heard off Billy Connolly sums it up perfectly.

" The people of Brisbane like to think of their city as the California of Australia - little do they realize it's more like the Alabama of Australia. "

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
A line I heard off Billy Connolly sums it up perfectly.

" The people of Brisbane like to think of their city as the California of Australia - little do they realize it's more like the Alabama of Australia. "
A mate told me the best thing to come out of Brisbane was the road to NSW.:D

Mr Fourex

Bench

Brisbane Times
31 July 2009
[Excerpts]

:lol:........of course. It's old news

I don't remember the Brisbane Broncos being deducted points or being stripped of any premierships

do you?

Ergo.........no case to answer. ;-)

Mr Fourex

Bench
lol @ lifestye in brisbane. Everytime I go back there it's worse and worse. building going on everywhere. the worse roads in australia cause its built like a small country town. Brisbane will be a australian Los angelas in 20 years. hot,polluted, overcrowded AND FULL OF MEXICANS !!!

and why are the mexicans coming?

Because of the fantastic lifestyle that Brisbane and the whole of QLD provides them

......at least when compared to the crime ridden ghettos of Sydney.

p.s

and Sydney's pubs are f*cked.

Tell me ......where can a bunch of blokes, after a long hot day at work go to wet their whistle

whilst admiring the womanly form of a topless..g-strung young maiden

No-where I tells ya........get plenty of that stuff up in Brissy !!

sigh......

Father Ted

First Grade

Team to play the Tigers next week should be:
1. Commins
2. Morris
3. Green
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. K Stanley
8. Weyman if available
9. King
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. De Belin
14. Hornby
15. Marketo
16. A Prop
17. A Prop

Commins and Aprop and his twin Aprop lol Shades of Toga brothers

Father Ted

First Grade
All clubs occasionally miscalculate their finances trying to fit under the ridiculously meagre salary cap the NRL impose.

Yes Brisbane have had minor breaches

..........your club has had just as many (if not more)

Get off your high horse.

Fact remains....Brisbane can hang onto most of their players for less money than other clubs can.

People arn't stupid we know about the free dinners and drinks in a host of Brissie restaurants. We also know your CONCERN for our club is as deep as the ocean and as real as a bright sunny day. Say hello to Granny , Jethro and Ellie may.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Tell me ......where can a bunch of blokes, after a long hot day at work go to wet their whistle

whilst admiring the womanly form of a topless..g-strung young maiden

No-where I tells ya........get plenty of that stuff up in Brissy !!

sigh......

You should try having sex with a consenting female; you'll probably find you won't be craving the classy topless g-strung young maidens. Now f**k off ya virgin.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:lol:........of course. It's old news

I don't remember the Brisbane Broncos being deducted points or being stripped of any premierships

do you?

Ergo.........no case to answer. ;-)
Joh was the same... only sorry because he got caught.

You have good reason to use the wink emoticon.

Hanscholo

Bench
Sorry to offend.......I probably just don't get it. I'm used to lot of Brisbane players staying at Brisbane for a lot less money than they could get at other clubs due to the lifestyle that Brisbane can afford

oh......

and because of loyalty.

Beau Scott is a shitbag.......

The brisbane players staying out of loyalty were getting massive third party payments and earning just as much in brisbane as they would anywhere else, if not more. Staying for loyalty my arse. Just like melbourne players were.....

Beau Scott is 27, he has one more big contract in him. You do the best you can for your family and yourself.

If saints want the best out of him play him in the back row. He is a stop gap centre.

Gigolo

Juniors
Let him go now, his presence will be like a cancer at the club. He will no doubt try to take others with him to Drugcastle.

Remember last year!!

Latest posts